We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Do you think we should stop using "SWIM" around here ?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 81 96 %
No 3 3 %

PREV12345NEXT»
Stop SWIMING Options

MySmelf
#41 Posted : 12/18/2011 8:08:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You know what annoys me? That whenever I use the word "swim" in a post its automatically capitalized and underlined. Rolling eyes
Maybe I would like the word "swim" to mean something else, as in to propel my body through a liquid of some sort?

Does it always have to be capitalized?
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Doodazzle
#42 Posted : 12/18/2011 8:18:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This past summer I fed my friends a whole bunch of mushrooms.....we were camped by a creek.....when we were all tripping, my self, my girlfriend and another woman all got nekkid and went for a swim. Seriously, tripping at night in the summer and going for a swim swim swim is always awesome. SWIM.

SWIM SWIM SWIM

ps it really does capitolise 'em and underline 'em automatically. It even made the last three in bigger font--the comuter must have sensed my emphatic tone.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

AKIRA
#43 Posted : 12/19/2011 2:20:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I honestly don't mind if people use SWIM, or another acronym. Its obvious that it isn't concealing their identity. But if it gives them a sense of safety when posting, then I say let them do it. Smile The more stories the better I suppose..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXO24I73TsI

Madcap
#44 Posted : 12/19/2011 3:09:45 AM

illudium Q-36

I like to swim from time to time.

makes me feel sneaky

and that makes me feel a little naughty

....and that makes me feel sexy

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Parshvik Chintan
#45 Posted : 12/19/2011 4:04:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the only time someone should use the word SWIM is if it is someone who really isn't them.
but at that point it is just as easy to type "a friend" or something like that.
i have no problem with the word itself, just the implied retardation that comes along with it..
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

GratefulDad
#46 Posted : 12/19/2011 5:13:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
oden wrote:
swim just got the giggles. because swiy life is so good that this is what you let bother you

24 to 1, oden.
Consensus is in.
Twisted Evil

SWIM = YOU [are paranoid, and not doing anything except annoying everybody]

<3

A FOAF said SWIM will make it 24 to 3, just to annoy ۩! Twisted Evil

۩
#47 Posted : 12/19/2011 5:15:05 AM

That was too funny GD xD Thanks for the laughs, man!

oden
#48 Posted : 12/19/2011 5:22:28 AM

odin the one

۩ wrote:
oden wrote:
swim just got the giggles. because swiy life is so good that this is what you let bother you

24 to 1, oden.
Consensus is in.
Twisted Evil

<3

Ouch!
oden attached the following image(s):
O_RLY.jpg (21kb) downloaded 402 time(s).

SpartanII
#49 Posted : 12/19/2011 6:45:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMING= Unnecessary and annoying.

Krellogg
#50 Posted : 12/19/2011 4:26:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
Never typed that word it annoys me as well. I know the legal system been through it a few times they will chalk that up to a alias or a slang word. It posses no defense except a psychological one to the user.

You've saved me a lot of typing sir, in nearly every topic I've seen. Thank you.

dromedary
#51 Posted : 12/19/2011 4:31:40 PM

Camelus dromedarius

The notion of using SWIM or some zany variant of 'my friend' or putting any kind of disclaimer in one's signature for legal protection reminds me of (and is ridiculous as) the urban myth that if you directly ask an undercover cop if they are a cop they have to tell you the truth. I can see that it has a certain "underground" charm to it though - and as much as I think that cultivating an "underground" counter-culture atmosphere is antithetical to the goal of furthering public acceptance of psychedelic drugs as a legitimate form of self-exploration - I would much rather be part of a community where some people indulge in this minor annoyance than part of a community where doing so is against the rules.

What really blows my mind is that some forums enforce the use of it.

Parshvik Chintan
#52 Posted : 12/19/2011 5:04:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dromedary wrote:
The notion of using SWIM or some zany variant of 'my friend' or putting any kind of disclaimer in one's signature for legal protection reminds me of (and is ridiculous as) the urban myth that if you directly ask an undercover cop if they are a cop they have to tell you the truth

if you tell a cop that you are swim, you get to arrest them for entrapment
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

SnozzleBerry
#53 Posted : 12/19/2011 5:19:46 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

oden wrote:
۩ wrote:
oden wrote:

24 to 1, oden.
Consensus is in.
Twisted Evil

<3

Ouch!

WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

smokerx
#54 Posted : 12/19/2011 5:51:20 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

SnozzleBerry wrote:
oden wrote:
۩ wrote:
oden wrote:

24 to 1, oden.
Consensus is in.
Twisted Evil

<3

Ouch!

can someone explain to me what is this about ? I don't get it. Those pics are very funny but what does it mean ?
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

۩
#55 Posted : 12/19/2011 5:59:24 PM

They are internet memes. Just laugh at them. Smile "Oh really?" "Yes really."

Aetherius Rimor
#56 Posted : 12/19/2011 9:42:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

People who post the following on their Facebook profile, I mentally note as "never waste my time talking to them":

Quote:
Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the ... See More content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile, friends, activities, notes or any postings whatsoever. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions ...also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my privacy is punishable by law.
ALL FRIENDS SHOULD COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR PROFILE!!

Also has this in his profile:

Quote:
"Facebook did NOT have an option for the Language know as "Legalese" hmmm??? i wonder why? For and "ON THE RECORD" i do read write and speak Legalese in case anyone cares. If you don't read, write, or speak Legalese then i would encourage you to get to work learning it."

That type of stuff -really- bothers me.

Ashif Tar
#57 Posted : 12/19/2011 10:29:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember when I first started reading trip reports, it was the compilation PDF from the Files section. Most of them said "I", but then I found a few that said "SWIM" and I thought it was someone who called themselves Swim, like a hippie renaming himself "Moon Flower Wolf Child" or something, and they were just referring to themselves in the third person for some reason.

and yeah, it's kinda annoying and I hope no one sincerely thinks it gives any kind of protection.

I'VE SMOKED DMT I SAID IT OH GOD OH GOD THEY'RE COMING FOR ME

oden
#58 Posted : 12/20/2011 1:56:01 AM

odin the one

SnozzleBerry wrote:
oden wrote:
۩ wrote:
oden wrote:

24 to 1, oden.
Consensus is in.
Twisted Evil

<3

Ouch!

OK!OK! lmao...this was too funny!!! at a time when i needed a great laugh..thank you wonderful frinds for such a good giggle... like a great arm wrestling match..YOU WIN!! i will swim no more...gotta love you guys..peace <3 ODEN

Simon Jester
#59 Posted : 12/20/2011 2:01:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good god, how I love you nutjobs! Wink

staresatwalls
#60 Posted : 12/25/2011 5:27:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm guilty of using swim in the past. i must admit i never looked into it and just did it. upon thinking about it. yup, stupid.
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

PREV12345NEXT»