We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
anything is everything and everything is anything Options

Seldom
#1 Posted : 12/17/2011 11:06:53 AM

Wiradjuri

hey guys, new anonymous member from NSW Australia. came across you here after attending the most recent Entheogenisis Australis conference down in VIC, i was blown away by a talk given by Nen on the presence and effects of NMT and DMT in the obtusifolia species of acacia, which led me to his fairly impressive thread here. from what i've seen about i can say i do have admiration for the level of respect you guys show toward plants here, it's good to see.
my history in ethnobotanicals is only limited, at the moment i mainly grow trichocereus cacti, but i have 5 maidenii and a few desmanthus illioensis seedlings i got through Torsten up at Wandjina gardens, who some of you no dowbt know. i'm 26, just entering the last year for the undergraduate component of a BA in psychology and philosophy. ultimately i'm here to learn, through my various experiences i have great faith in the transformative power of these plants, and hope to learn alot. i see this place as a locus for the convergence of a great number of diverse lines of information, and to be here, i'm grateful.

cheers,

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Purges
#2 Posted : 12/17/2011 11:10:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome aboard! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on our famous molecule, I'm positive you won't be disappointed! Shocked
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Seldom
#3 Posted : 12/17/2011 11:16:53 PM

Wiradjuri

thanks mate Pleased

endlessness
#4 Posted : 12/18/2011 2:00:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Good to have you onboard here, and that nen turned you into all this interesting information, we're certainly all very proud and thankful for his contributions Smile

Also great to hear about your growing of ethnobotanicals, its certainly very rewarding thing to do!

Did you ever try DMT ? What about extractions, any interest in that?

Seldom
#5 Posted : 12/18/2011 5:51:06 AM

Wiradjuri

i'm yet to partake, wild acacia harvest is my only option for raw material, not sure want to make a habbit of doing that. i know it can be done sustainably but i don't have the skills at the moment to know the effect it would be having on the plants, + IDing is also new to me. i'm east coast Australia so it's always going to be within reach.
extractions are gold, i can't speak highly enough of amateur chemistry (amateur not as opposed to professional, but in the sense it's derived from the french amour, meaning to fall in love)
swim has done extraction work with cacti before with good results, loves a challenge and looks foreward to the journey Smile

endlessness
#6 Posted : 12/18/2011 12:19:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice Smile Good that you care about the trees! But being in Australia you are lucky enough to have some trees that you can extract from phyllodes/leafs/twigs, even the ones that are fallen down, so you dont have to cut anything from the tree! Nen would be the person to ask about it, or check his amazing thread 'trying to improve acacia information'.

If you have any questions we can help with, feel free to ask! Or start discussions about things that interest you!

Do check our wiki too, there's some major updates being done recently, there's a lot of good information there.

Be well

Seldom
#7 Posted : 1/17/2012 12:25:20 PM

Wiradjuri

thanks for that
i'm looking at doing a first expedition soon, will be good to have the info here to guide

miyagi
#8 Posted : 1/19/2012 12:01:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey mate, fellow aussie entho-siast. Nice to meet you
"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over others."MM