We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Iboga virgin... any advice/help with my questions gratefully received Options

herbalista
#1 Posted : 12/16/2011 6:37:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone
I'm a practicing herbalist (not qualified so just treating me, friends and family) and massively into my plants. Connecting with plant spirits has opened up a whole new world for me in the last 6 months and now the psychedelcis are calling!
I'm a 34 year old woman lots of drug use history but very little experience of psychedelics. I did acid a couple of times 14 years ago, loved it, one of the best experiences of my life. Weak mushroom doses a couple of times, all good.
Smoked some changa this summer got blown away by the beauty and connection with all that is.
I've joined this site primarily to find out more about iboga from those who've experienced it, I've ordered some it's on the way but I'm not planning on doing it till I know a lot more. My mental health means a lot to me! So many questions...
I've never been on a forum before so excuse me if my etiquette isn't spot on, if it isn't just let me know I'll amend Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 12/16/2011 7:12:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Well, first of all: have somebody present to monitor you and protect you from possible harm. Iboga is a very powerfull substance...it absolutely dwarfs LSD in every way. Having to vomit heavily on iboga is innevitable when you take visionary doses.

Experiment with smaller doses first.

A small dose only gives a glimpse of what iboga is capable of, but it´s good to find out in advance how sensitive you are.

When you take iboga, you need to prepare realy well. Drink a lot of water the days before, so you´re less likely to suffer from dehydration (from all the puking).

Take a week of. You´ll be unable to function normally for at least two days, but it will take a full week to completely recover.

Watch your diet. No grapefruit´s, no alcohol or medication. No herbal medication like saint johns worth either. Iboga reacts very strongly with other subtstances and often in a very unpredictable way. No ayahuasca or MAOI´s (including herbal MAOI´s) for at least a month after. Noribogaine stays in your body for at least a month and some people are xtremely sensitive for how it interacts with other substances.

Iboga is the mount everest of psychedelic´s as far as i´m concerned: it´s about the highest peak you can reach, and climbing it unprepared is dangerous.

herbalista
#3 Posted : 12/16/2011 7:31:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bless you Polytrip thanks for replying so quickly didn't know what to expect.
Thanks for all the info I will pay close attention to every bit of it.
Have you done iboga a few times?
I just want to go for it and flood really as it seems that small doses leading up to flooding interfere with the experience.
I've asked my brother to sit me, I'm gonna make get him to watch/read lots on the subject so he knows what to do and what to expect.
I've been online solidly for the last few days reading as much as possible about people's experiences and there's one thing that's really bothering me... Namely, do you think the quality of iboga is going downhill? I've read pretty much all positive experiences from people up until about winter last year. The bad and no trip experiences all seem to be within the last year, more noticeable in recent accounts. I was wondering if the way suppliers are growing/harvesting iboga now for the western market is affecting the plant? Do you know anything about this process?
I'm also wondering if the people that tend to have bad trips are those that are detoxing from hard drugs, maybe all the extra damage in their systems for the iboga to work through?
Have you ever had a bad experience on it?
A particular post on here made me want to ask these questions and just checked - it was your post! The one about iboga's dark side. I think it's really important people write more about this stuff in these forums, make sure people are properly forwarned.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 12/16/2011 7:45:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I have had two positive iboga experiences, and one negative. Iboga cán give a bad trip, just like LSD or shrooms.

I wouldn´t know about a decline in quality..quality varies like with many herbal products.

Keep reading. You can never know too much before actually doing it.

There is one thing about iboga that you realy need to keep in mind: when you´re on it, you´re no longer able to asses your own abilities properly; you know that you´ve taken something that affects your judgement etc. But you never realy realise how far away from normal reality you realy are.
You could maybe think that you´re able to climb a stair or something, but if you´d try to do such a thing you will get yourself hurt.

herbalista
#5 Posted : 12/16/2011 8:17:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a silly question but do you think your state of mind when you take it affects the outcome? I've read lots of people saying they were terrified but had a really positive experience.

۩
#6 Posted : 12/16/2011 8:21:16 PM

herbalista wrote:
Sounds like a silly question but do you think your state of mind when you take it affects the outcome? I've read lots of people saying they were terrified but had a really positive experience.

Mind set / setting [where you imbibe the medicine] are incredible important factors that need to be taken into account.

Sure, you can go into an iboga experience terrified, and maybe it would convert your fear and leave you with none.

Every time I've used iboga I've gone into it with an open mind, ready for whatever came my way, with no fear. I would suggest trying this. If you experience troubling emotions during the experience simply breathe, let go, and meditate. It's part of the process. Just remember you WILL be OK. Even more than OK if you ask me. This is one of the most profound and effective substances we have on this planet.

Peace.

herbalista
#7 Posted : 12/16/2011 10:10:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for that, the diagram is great.
Are you aware enough on iboga to make a conscious choice to relax though? I took salvia (x15) yesterday afternoon for the first time. Tried to do everything as advised. On my own (preferred), in my lovely bedroom, curtains drawn and pretty candles flickering before me. I meditated a few minutes beforehand on my intention etc, I was calm personified. I popped a pea sized amount in my little wooden pipe bought specially for the occasion, took 2 strong drags and held them in. Then I blacked out. Can't remember anything until my consciousness started to resurface and my mind tried to decipher what I could see. I realised with total horror that I was just a fragment of my own existence, stuck in a split second in time where I was about to fall over and smash my head open on concrete. It was like some one had hit the pause button as this was about to happen and all I could feel was the horror of the moment but had no way out, I felt destined to live the same moment and horror for eternity. It took all my mental strength to eject myself back into reality and I came to, shocked and shaking wondering what the f**k had just happened. Not nice. I was not coherent enough to realise what I was seeing wasn't reality. Within a few minutes I was ok again and laughing at myself, it definitely made me more appreciative of reality though.
But I'm not sure if I can handle that experience lasting 18 hours if it happens on iboga.
Love.

۩
#8 Posted : 12/16/2011 10:14:10 PM

Quote:
Are you aware enough on iboga to make a conscious choice to relax though?

Depends on the person and the dose. I wouldn't worry too much about this. Just remind yourself of doing so. I would never compare salvia to iboga. You will be fine. Worrying about the what-if's aren't going to help. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

Infinite I
#9 Posted : 12/16/2011 11:25:44 PM

JC

You should make sure your heart is ok, if your fit and healthy then you probably have nothing to worry about but a lot of people get an ECG before to make sure there are no problems. Ive only taken it once and I couldnt walk for for 20 odd hours, if you do try to move you completely lose your balance as you get bad ataxia. I was still really dizzy when trying to crawl around, just in comparison to say an acid freak out your not going to be able to run around and cause yourself harm, just getting to the toilet if you have to can be a challenge. It was very physical and the hardest psychedelic ive done, the purge was painful and hard, could be a shock if you havent purged on aya, wasnt that hard psychologically for me I actually felt I could have handled more but at the tail end of the experience I was saying this is hell never again, but then id love to again at a higher dosage but its expensive stuff!!

herbalista
#10 Posted : 12/17/2011 11:32:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much
All your comments have allayed my fears and the more i read the more convinced I am that if your system is pretty clean you get a better ride. I'm not too worried about the puking. My teacher/wise woman/witch met an african iboga guide a few years ago he reckoned the iboga plant spirit communicates with the opiate/tobacco/whatever your poison is spirit and asks it to leave. He said the iboga is stronger. If that's the case if you've got many plant spirits around it makes sense your trip will be harder. So no more salvia for me for a while! Well maybe just a little one...
I've been banned from internet today as mate says I'm boring since I discovered iboga lol. I've made no promises, said I'll see what I can do Smile
Love to all

VoidTraveler
#11 Posted : 12/17/2011 12:42:34 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

On a side note to your Salvia 15x experience on your own: Please be careful. Salvia is a psychedelic that is well known for it's users to start walking around while on the other side. My first time I smoked it alone and thankfully I locked all my doors otherwise I probably would've woken up somewhere on the middle of the highway. I had a camera present which recorded what I did and that was terrifying to see(although less terrifying than the Salvia experience itself). I was so scared I tried to run away from my experience. It was my first psychedelic experience ever and it learned me a valuable lesson concerning the use of psychedelics: ALWAYS have a sitter present, esp. when you're using a substance for the first time or when you're using a high dose.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

jigsaw
#12 Posted : 12/20/2011 9:33:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

For me Ibogaine has a grainy and sacrad feel to it. And yes I was talking to an powerful entity that offered me brilliant 3rd person advice on my life. Am I allowed to say ibogaine is the doctor phil of psychedelics?Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy

I wasn't that scared. It just really was not enjoyable and it lasted 2 days.

My only regret is not giving him more respect.