We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Will The Traveler Ban Me Because I Laugh at His Authority?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 1 5 %
No 11 64 %
Maybe 5 29 %

123NEXT»
Will The Traveler Ban Me Because I Laugh at His Authority? Options

divineyes
#1 Posted : 12/16/2011 3:22:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know- let's see! Heeheehee!
Namaste- translated: "The Divinity within me perceives and adores the Divinity within you"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tek
#2 Posted : 12/16/2011 3:31:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What's the point of this exactly? Are you just trying to get banned to see if you can piss Traveler off? I don't understand this thread at all...
All posts are from the fictional perspective of The Legendary Tek: the formless, hyperspace exploring apprentice to the mushroom god Teo. Tek, the lord of Eureeka's Castle, is the chosen one who has surfed the rainbow wave and who resides underneath the matter dome. All posts are fictitious in nature and are meant for entertainment purposes only.

3rdI
#3 Posted : 12/16/2011 3:33:23 PM

veni, vidi, spici

why would you? The Traveller has done an immense thing in creating this place and if he needs to show a little authority to keep it as good as it is, i applaud him.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

AllIsDistraction
#4 Posted : 12/16/2011 3:34:21 PM

If you improve we'll all improve

What they said.
Learning to know that I do not know.

universecannon
#5 Posted : 12/16/2011 3:38:12 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

no..

but hopefully he bans you for making a really silly thread Very happy

/me crosses fingers Razz

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 12/16/2011 3:47:42 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

LOL!

if I had to do that then I would have to ban myself daily. Laughing

Kind regards,

The Traveler

joedirt
#7 Posted : 12/16/2011 3:49:40 PM

Not I

The Traveler wrote:
LOL!

if I had to do that then I would have to ban myself daily. Laughing

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Perfect response! Smile
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Tek
#8 Posted : 12/16/2011 3:52:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Respect mah authortah!! Smile
All posts are from the fictional perspective of The Legendary Tek: the formless, hyperspace exploring apprentice to the mushroom god Teo. Tek, the lord of Eureeka's Castle, is the chosen one who has surfed the rainbow wave and who resides underneath the matter dome. All posts are fictitious in nature and are meant for entertainment purposes only.

d*l*b
#9 Posted : 12/16/2011 4:03:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the deepest thread I have ever seen on the Nexus. I think we should all congratulate ourselves and each other for having broken such significant boundaries.
D × V × F > R

universecannon
#10 Posted : 12/16/2011 4:05:44 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Cant take the heat, get out tha street

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

EmptyHand
#11 Posted : 12/16/2011 4:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trying to decide what is the coolest thing about the pic. The car? The sunglasses? The haircut? The too-cool-for-school pose?

Tek
#12 Posted : 12/16/2011 4:24:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Definately the license place lol

3rdI
#13 Posted : 12/16/2011 4:28:25 PM

veni, vidi, spici

its the emerging mullet, it sets off the whole look, i didnt know the traveller was so stylishWink
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

endlessness
#14 Posted : 12/16/2011 4:30:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a bad unconscious attempt at 'self-fulfilling prophecy'. Its like "oh, this or that person is so bad", and then one starts pushing the limits and trying to offend/make someone angry, until it eventually gets the person angry, and when there is a response, its like "oh knew it, I told you so, see how bad?". But of course, in this unconscious game, there is a very important realization missing, that one is not a victim in the first place, that one should look at him/herself and one's own mistakes and responsibilities, instead of playing the pointing finger game.

What do you want, divineyes? Do you want to stay in this community? If you do, why dont you instead make a thread or post that you think contributes to the community, that might be good for others instead of just a personal vent?

Please think a bit about your intentions and the possible consequences before posting

a1pha
#15 Posted : 12/16/2011 4:30:55 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

"Let's spice things up a bit"

Ohh, yea.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

divineyes
#16 Posted : 12/16/2011 4:56:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm very glad to be a part of this community- but I am also very saddened by what I perceive as tight restrictions on content. Seems like left-brain control issues at play. I wish the Nexus was more of a free-speech zone. Unfortunately, now we all must self-censor and refrain from free expression lest we 'break a rule' and get shut down. What is gained? Stilted speech and neutered gnosis. What is lost? Spontaneous creativity and inspiration. Too bad. The fact that people who have this experience must understand and abide by a litany of do's and dont's to have their posts welcOmed by this community simply means that people won't post- and we lose by missing out on the gifts they are bringing back from Hyperspace. It feels like a direct attack on the throat chakra, our voices are being silenced - meaning, WE CAN NOT SPEAK FREELY AS WE SHOULD - AND THAT SUCKS.
Namaste- translated: "The Divinity within me perceives and adores the Divinity within you"

endlessness
#17 Posted : 12/16/2011 5:13:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Every community and human relationship has rules. Some are explicit, some are implicit. Some you may agree, some you may not agree. But there's no such thing as 'free speech' or interaction without rules, that is an illusion.

The nexus has guidelines and policies for a reason. If it wasnt for the policies we have established and are constantly trying to better sculpt and adapt, the nexus would be like other forums where information reliability is clearly an issue, where trolls and childish posts abound, where it takes pages of scrolling to find some good post.

If you read the new thread that talks about the recent changes ( https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=27932 ) , you'll see that its not a silly censorship to forbid talking about things (for example spirituality, which seems is what interests you), but just about HOW its talked, that there is no preaching, that people dont say something is a fact or talk in absolute about things that are unproven, etc etc. It has nothing to do with left-brain control issues, it has to do with reliability of information, honesty and critical thinking.

If you feel there is something to improve, if you feel like you have a constructive criticism to make, a practical suggestion, feel free to pm me or other mods. But an opening post/thread like this one doesn't seem like the best way to go about making this a better place, wouldnt you agree?

DoingKermit
#18 Posted : 12/16/2011 5:31:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi divineeyes,

I feel like you are missing the point, buddy. The Nexus is different to other drug forums for a reason. It gets rid of the garbage that may follow in a forum of this type and is done so to keep people safe.

Everyone is given a fair chance Smile

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 12/16/2011 5:44:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Every community and human relationship has rules. Some are explicit, some are implicit.

True. The "rules" were there all along, just not visible. Now they are spelled out because there are tons of new members who are not yet socialized in nexian culture and the influx of new members makes it impossible to integrate everyone as strongly and quickly as necessary.

jamie
#20 Posted : 12/16/2011 5:56:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

divineyes wrote:
I'm very glad to be a part of this community- but I am also very saddened by what I perceive as tight restrictions on content. Seems like left-brain control issues at play. I wish the Nexus was more of a free-speech zone. Unfortunately, now we all must self-censor and refrain from free expression lest we 'break a rule' and get shut down. What is gained? Stilted speech and neutered gnosis. What is lost? Spontaneous creativity and inspiration. Too bad. The fact that people who have this experience must understand and abide by a litany of do's and dont's to have their posts welcOmed by this community simply means that people won't post- and we lose by missing out on the gifts they are bringing back from Hyperspace. It feels like a direct attack on the throat chakra, our voices are being silenced - meaning, WE CAN NOT SPEAK FREELY AS WE SHOULD - AND THAT SUCKS.

So what? the way you went about it is like kids taunting in the school yard. I think you started this thread looking for a conflict personally. You did not really want to adress a concern so much as you wanted to get caught up in some drama.
Long live the unwoke.

123NEXT»