We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-meo-THH Options

burnt
#1 Posted : 12/3/2008 3:49:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

All this talk of THH got SWIM thinking what about 5-meo-THH. As of know unsure of whether its been found in nature. Could is possibly be more potent then THH in much the same way as 5-meo-dmt is more potent then dmt. Anyone have experience with this compound? OOps i realized I may have put this in the wrong section.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 12/3/2008 4:49:41 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

But isn't tetrahydroharmine already a 7-methoxy- beta carboline? You mean adding a 5-methoxy group along with the 7-methoxy one or moving the 7-methoxy to teh 5 position?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

burnt
#3 Posted : 12/4/2008 12:37:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I mean the 5-meo on the indole ring at the 5 position. But actually yes I neglected that there already is a methoxy group on the indole ring. So my mistake. I just saw the compound in thikal and was wondering because there was no data about it.

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 12/4/2008 12:47:25 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Yeah, and things get a bit more complicated in the nomenclature of these compounds. For instance, the 5' position on the indole is actually the 6' position on the beta-carboline structure.

If one counts the methoxy group in harmine, harmaline or THH thinking it is an indole it gets on the 6' position, in fact however the methoxy group is on the 7' in their beta-carboline structure.

So, when you say 5-meo-THH you count on the position 5' of the indole or the position 5' of the beta-carboline, hahahaha?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

burnt
#5 Posted : 12/4/2008 1:00:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HAahaha. Yes your right its hectic this naming system no wonder shulgin kept making jokes about it in his books. Anyway lets just drop it (i'd have to relook through the book and just have all the structures drawn out to make sense of this naming system) haha my theory is discounted because there already is the methoxy group, perhaps a different position will alter pharmacokinetics but nevermind. But I do find it interesting that shulgin dropped the discussion about their activity and I think its great that people here have investigated and confirmed psychoactive effects of some of these compounds. Shulgin's gotta release thikal 2nd edition with some of this data plus the bufotine stuff, which he also kind of skipped over.