We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Which mushrooms to grow??? Options

3rdI
#1 Posted : 12/15/2011 2:43:47 PM

veni, vidi, spici

I have decided to grow my first batch of shrooms, but once i got to my chosen online vendor they had a large selection of grow kits to choose from and i was overwhelmed with choice.

I have taken liberty caps many times and i have sampled the Philosophers Stone truffles so im not a newcomer to the mushroom experience. What i need help with is choosing my variety from the large list.
I am looking at some classic Cubensis, as i have never had them, the others that caught my eye were the McKennaii mushrooms(for obvious reasons).

Does anyone have any experience with the latter variety? Does anyone have any good suggestions for a good shroom to grow?

cheers all
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Aegle
#2 Posted : 12/15/2011 4:23:38 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

3rdI wrote:
I have decided to grow my first batch of shrooms, but once i got to my chosen online vendor they had a large selection of grow kits to choose from and i was overwhelmed with choice.

I have taken liberty caps many times and i have sampled the Philosophers Stone truffles so im not a newcomer to the mushroom experience. What i need help with is choosing my variety from the large list.
I am looking at some classic Cubensis, as i have never had them, the others that caught my eye were the McKennaii mushrooms(for obvious reasons).

Does anyone have any experience with the latter variety? Does anyone have any good suggestions for a good shroom to grow?

cheers all

3rdI

From all the strains i have grown over the years I would highly recommend Shooting Stars or Amazonians as those have been my two favorites by far. The Shooting Stars fruit incredibly prolifically, they are also really lovely to eat while still fresh. Amazonians grow really quickly as well and they get quite huge which is epic, i also thoroughly enjoy the experience of journeying with the Amazonians. I wish you the best of luck and happy growing...

Much Peace and Respect
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

unclesyd
#3 Posted : 12/15/2011 4:50:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Amazons are good, I've always been partial to the southeast Asian varieties like Pink Buffalo, or something like that. The site I read claimed they were found on elephant dung in Thailand or something like that. They were my Favorite as far as eating. I think they produced some good fruits too. I also like the Cambodians, and ki lipya or something like that. B+ are always a good basic classic variety, big fruits decent potency. Its been a while since I grew.......
Remember, if the women dont find you handsome.....they might as well find you handy.

3rdI
#4 Posted : 12/15/2011 4:55:19 PM

veni, vidi, spici

hi Aegle, thanks for the info.
I think i will give the Amazonians a try, along with my cubensis, i like the thought of epically huge shroomsSmile

have you come across any reliably different experiences from a certain variety? im thinking something along the lines of...

-type x was very colourfull
-type y was very mental
-type z was very euphoric

In the next batch i will be looking for something to comfitably amplify reality for lazy summer days. i realise that effect is quite dependant on dosage, but i have only had Liberty Caps so i am not sure of the variety of effects from different magical mushrooms
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

3rdI
#5 Posted : 12/15/2011 4:58:34 PM

veni, vidi, spici

cheers unclesyd, i will put those on my list, i think this list will grow quite large, maybe i should just grow a batch of each.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 12/15/2011 5:02:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 12/15/2011 8:09:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to second Ecuadorians, had great success with this strain, great yields with several good flushes, and potent! Would recommend the Hawaiian strain of Copelandia/Panaeolus cyanescens as a very special species and my personal favourite experienced so for...a bit fussier than cubensis but if you can grow one you can grow the other.

d*l*b
#8 Posted : 12/15/2011 9:50:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Would recommend the Hawaiian strain of Copelandia/Panaeolus cyanescens as a very special species and my personal favourite experienced so for...a bit fussier than cubensis but if you can grow one you can grow the other.

I think they are my shroom project after next, my favourite fungus so far.

3rdI โ€“ have you looked into FSRE? They are donation-based so they can be a of random quality (the first print I got off them had close to no visible spores, my second was great for instance), but at โ‚ฌ1 or $1 it is hard to go wrong.

http://fsre.nl/
D × V × F > R

ragabr
#9 Posted : 12/15/2011 10:53:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Would recommend the Hawaiian strain of Copelandia/Panaeolus cyanescens as a very special species and my personal favourite experienced so for...a bit fussier than cubensis but if you can grow one you can grow the other.

Bancopuma, SWIM has tried and tried several times with Waylit's Pan tek, only to meet failure. Do you have somewhere else you would point her too?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

BecometheOther
#10 Posted : 12/15/2011 11:12:03 PM

metamorhpasizer

Waylit Jims is about as consistant and easy as it gets with pans, you must be doing something wrong or overlooking something....

What problems in specific are you having??

To the OP there is many good suggestions here, I like:
Wollongong
South American
PESA
like they said the Thailand shrooms also have a tendancy to fruit very prolifically and get huge!
these are strains like: Elephant Dung, Lipi Yai's, Pink Buffalo etc.

Also panaoeleus (wrong spelling probably) are much more potent and great mushrooms to get into growing as well.

Happy growing brother
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

ragabr
#11 Posted : 12/16/2011 1:20:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First two tries, no growth whatsoever. Third try, strong mycellium growth but no fruiting at all. Fourth try, no growth again.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

3rdI
#12 Posted : 12/16/2011 9:26:52 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Thanks very much everyone, this info is much appreciated. I will let you all know how it goes.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

โ—‹
#13 Posted : 12/17/2011 4:27:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

My two favorites were Lipa Yais, and the Koh Samuis. The Lipas fruit like wildfire in casing and were potent (definitely one of my top 3 strongest experiences, and had only eatin 2g). And the Koh Samuis seemed to have the perfect alkaloid proile imho. Koh Samuis were pleasently visual, but very loving and euphoric, and the comedown was pure bliss. They also are HUGE when done with casing.

moyshekapoyre
#14 Posted : 12/17/2011 6:50:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've read on the shroomery that the Panaeolus Cyanescens and Panaeolus Tropicalis shrooms are the best because they have no crazy come up like shrooms usually do. It's so smooth, they say, that you can take a mega dose and still not worry about freaking out on the come up. I'm growing some Pan Cyans now so we'll see if the hype is all its cracked up to be in a few months.

Bancopuma
#15 Posted : 12/19/2011 2:05:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi ragabr, I've attached the guide I used with success. I will be starting my own grow again soon but might be moving abroad very soon so am gonna wait until I know either way.

A key think with these Pans I've found is appealing to a few of their particular little quirks...they are very sensitive to high carbon dioxide levels when fruiting so a little air pump in the fruiting chamber is a great ally. They also don't like being sprayed directly on their mycelium when laying them out in the chamber, and they are quite sensitive to temperature, too low their growth is slowed or stunted, too much and moulds take over.

polytrip
#16 Posted : 12/19/2011 7:20:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
It´s probably wise to start with a shroom that´s easy to grow. Growing shrooms is a discipline in itself.