We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Please Define DMT Breakthrough. Options

Orion
#21 Posted : 12/15/2011 5:56:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT breakthrough:

Ovetaken in my visual field by another world. As house said, eyes open or closed makes no difference. Usually very intense, be it in a slow and seductive way or a fast erratic way.

The higher you go above the breakthrough dose the closer you come to ego death, which is the next stage.

Above that is conscious whirlwind, and above that is just a total black out. No memory whatsoever.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Eden
#22 Posted : 12/15/2011 7:51:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I don't think a breakthrough can actually be defined... in short Smile

A breakthrough is all of the above, and yet none of these things. By its very nature, it defies definition.

A breakthrough is not a line you pass in hyperspace. Attaching a label to it achieves nothing, and if anything, is detrimental for full commitment to the experience.

DMTerrestrial
#23 Posted : 12/15/2011 11:48:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsilocybeChild Great Signature! Maynard is god!

"And we will come to find we are all one mind!"
I can think of nothing more important for the survival of our species and those we live with then for us all to have access to the psychedelic experience.

Psychonaut In Orbit
#24 Posted : 12/16/2011 2:42:32 AM

Ancient Futuristic Organisms

DMTerrestrial wrote:
PsilocybeChild Great Signature! Maynard is god!

"And we will come to find we are all one mind!"

Nice to see we have a couple of TOOL fans in here.... Twisted Evil

Rock the F*^# ON!!!!!
1% of reality is within our plane of existence. What we feel... what we see... what we hear... what we "think" we know... The other 99% percent of reality can only be shown to us through DMT. This 99% lies within the "Realm of the Unknowns". We can only experience FULL reality when we leave this vessel, our bodies. DMT gives us a taste of this full reality... the universal knowledge is given to us by the beings who call "hyperspace" their home. When in hyperspace there is no "self" but instead this self is replaced with pure and raw energy. ENERGY CAN NOT BE DESTROYED, ONLY TRANSFERRED OR TRANSFORMED! So when you have that "ego-death" during a breakthrough trip, don't fret, you are not being destroyed but yet..... YOU ARE BEING TRANSFORMED.

I LOVE YOU, RESPECT YOU AND I THANK YOU... Dimethyltryptamine ... for showing me the 99% of reality that I would never have experienced in everyday life.

*All posts under this moniker, Psychonaut In Orbit, is for entertainment and research purposes only. All events stated to have happened, or witnessed are all heresay and fictional*

DMTerrestrial
#25 Posted : 12/16/2011 8:55:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lateralus spoke to me as I was searching for what existence is. The line "I'm reaching up, I'm reaching out, I'm reaching for the random or, whatever will bewilder me, whatever will bewilder me, spiral out keep going." Was the exact stage of development I was in at that very moment in my existence. The entire Lateralus album opened me up to a school of new thought. Soon followed by my first LSD experience, it all became clear the message that album was conveying, and life became so much more clear and meaningful. I owe a huge part of who I am to Maynard's lyrics in that album. SPIRAL OUT KEEP GOING!
I can think of nothing more important for the survival of our species and those we live with then for us all to have access to the psychedelic experience.

۩
#26 Posted : 12/16/2011 9:12:28 AM

Eden wrote:

A breakthrough is all of the above, and yet none of these things. By its very nature, it defies definition.

A breakthrough is not a line you pass in hyperspace. Attaching a label to it achieves nothing, and if anything, is detrimental for full commitment to the experience.

I think that because of how much this experience truly embodies the paradoxical, that much can be revealed because of this very notion.
If you ask yourself, why is it doing this, you can get some very interesting answers (which of course lead to more questions.)

tele
#27 Posted : 12/16/2011 10:20:45 AM
Explorer

"There"

Purges
#28 Posted : 12/16/2011 2:10:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me it goes something like:

Pipe enters mouth. Inhale Inhale Inhale. I usually get the sensation of accelerating very quickly, then BAM the room has disappeared, there are often these creatures that morph, transform and dazzle, and I can't speak, think or move because there is no 'me' left to speak of. It is very hard to take everything in, there is SO much going on. You just need to buckle up and see it through... Sometimes there are intense emotions coupled with everything, sometimes it is just some weird freak show. EVERY time i come back and think 'what the f*!k just happened to me?!' - then I look down and I am still clutching the pipe, and the realisation dawns on me that I must have smoalked something... Wink
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Global
#29 Posted : 12/16/2011 3:12:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

A certain sign of an impending breakthrough is when the physical room you're in begins to look alert and concerned for your safety --- when the carpet is whispering to the coffee table, "he's really fucked now." I very rarely have a full OBE, even in full breakthroughs which made it confusing to me at first whether I was having a breakthrough or not...until I had one experience that was so downright ridiculous and entirely out of character, that I knew it had to be it. Most often I feel part of me floating or flying through a space, but if I shift my attention, I realize that I can still feel my back against the couch and my hands interlocked.

Citta wrote:
Usually you'll come out of it laughing, crying or simply saying "what the fuck?!" or "oh my GOD!" or something to that effect while shaking your head.

It's simply awesome, and I would go as far as to say it's kinda the peak of human experience (sorry honey!) Very happy

I would say this is immensely accurate Very happy

[edit]: I also can't say anything in regards to the whole eyes open/eyes closed breakthrough phenomena because I have no idea why I would open my eyes mid-breakthrough. It would risk losing the vision.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

corpus callosum
#30 Posted : 12/16/2011 4:40:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Good thread!

Trying to define the breakthrough in some ways highlights the inadequacy of the verbal lexicon to do it justice and, as many respondants have mentioned, its probably easier to simply draw attention to some of the characteristics of the breakthrough.

In some ways, the breakthroughs achieved by the minmum dose needed to achieve it is simply an 'entry-level' experience whereby the duration of the CEVs is beyond 3-5 minutes and the quality of the CEVs is dramatically beyond what is achieved by even hefty doses of the classic psychs.But as Art has stated, the flavour and tempo of the breakthrough alters dramatically as the rate of ingestion is quickened or the dose is escalated, or a combination of both.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

great_blue
#31 Posted : 12/18/2011 4:44:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i've decided i dont like to think about the term "breakthrough." I see a lot of threads about it and personally i think people get too hung up over it.. It seems to detract from the experience when you have all these pre-conceived notions of what "breaking through" may or may not mean.

Just smoke what you are comfortable with and if you have an experience unlike any other, I think you'll know it..
All posts by great_blue are fictitious in nature and for entertainment purposes only. In no way does the author condone or support illegal activity in any way shape or form, anytime or anywhere. If it's illegal, don't do it!

VisualAnemia
#32 Posted : 12/30/2011 12:39:33 PM

Chalgren

۩ wrote:
N,N-Dimethyltryptamine breakthrough - A phenomenological experience that transcends as well as overtakes normal reality to the point where it does not matter whether your eyes are open or closed.

I've successfully reached breakthrough about 4 times and this would be ONE of the things that ALWAYS take place, everything "bleeds over" and you cannot, are not, seeing things with EITHER open or closed eyes but with something completely else since "you" have been shattered, destroyed or transformed in order to travel "through".

The second thing would be a breakthrough, you break through something, the feeling of doing so or, most commonly IMO, the actual breaking through something, you get propelled through a surface only to resurface in some completely different place/world/space/dimension Razz

I do believe that everyone would recognize a breakthrough by the time they have done it, so no worries, you will know when you're ready.
Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

There's magic out there!

DMTerrestrial
#33 Posted : 1/2/2012 5:57:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've been experimenting with DMT for about 2 weeks now. It's pretty intense at first and then settles down for me. I'm definitely not breaking through nor am I wanting to at this point. It's nice to see that DMT has a large window of "plateaus". It's also nice in the sense that I can load up a very small amount while on LSD and have a very good time. Complete room change but not overwhelming at all. I like how I can control the intensity of the come-up buy taking smaller hits to elongate the process, if I want to.

Someday I will be ready to breakthrough, but for now I'm content taking a lot of baby steps.

Much LOVE!

DeMenTed
#34 Posted : 1/2/2012 4:48:30 PM

Barry

One of the signs that ive broke through apart from the obvious entities appearing with eyes open or full immersion in a 3d world with eyes closed is full on auditory hallucinations, whether its music or weird alien like sounds. My most intense breakthrus are usually accompanied by what i call the dmt siren, its a wobbly portamento sound that sounds like the best noise ever! Amazing Very happy

DeMenTed
#35 Posted : 1/2/2012 4:51:35 PM

Barry

One of the best breakthrus i ever had was just alien music with very little cev's at all, it was totally intense but very different from what you may call a normal breakthru though.

The best one ive had by far though is when entities gave me a green drink while sitting round a hyperspatial camp fire and the liquid shot me into an even deeper breakthru. The aliens wanted to show me more with this liquid and i'd love to thank them if i ever come across them again Smile

PREV12