We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Iboga / Ibogaine and nerve damage / Pain treatment Options

۩
#1 Posted : 12/10/2011 5:36:44 PM

I wanted to start a thread focusing on Iboga / Ibogaines effects on chronic pain. Hopefully this allows the information to be more easily accessed by google searches and the like.

Most people are not aware that Iboga is a profoundly effective substance for treating severe pain caused by nerve damage. The majority of people that I've talked to about it either have never heard of it, or have only heard of it in the context of treating addiction.
The reason I am writing this is because I suffered from debilitating pain that made me feel like my life was over. I lost hope.
When I went into the Iboga experience this summer, I had absolutely no idea it would do anything to my damaged nerve. Little did I know...

For three whole months after taking a good dose of Iboga, the noribogaine was still flowing in my body, and I was able to do things that I had not been able to do in a long time. Like simply walk without stepping on a burning knife. This was only the beginning.

I had got it into my head that my nerve was damaged and there was nothing I could do. It's hard not to when you are faced with this every day and every thing you try doesn't help or only makes it worse. After the first 3 months when the first dose wore off I began to see how my symptoms were coming back because the noribogaine metabolite was finally being flushed from my body after all that time. I made a conscious decision to break away from the beliefs I had made about myself and my situation.

So for the past month or so I have been taking ~1g of potent bark per week. It allows me to function on a level that I never thought possible. I feel more like myself now than ever before. I can live and be happy and not even think about my nerve. I am doing more than I ever could before with this disability, and I feel like it's an exponential thing. The more I do, the more I can do. It's an exercise. A constant process.

Iboga allowed me to take a step back into my self unadulterated by the constructs of my mind and start working every day to be the better person that I have always wanted to be. It feels almost cheesy saying this- but I feel like Iboga saved my life. My work with it keeps evolving, too.

I was recently able to give up an 11 year cannabis addiction, as well as coffee and nicotine overnight with 1g of potent bark, good food, lots of water, and meditation. I did this because I always told myself I never could, or I never wanted to, but I just got fed up depending on chemicals to feel certain ways in situations. I've been perfectly happy, and sober (except for Iboga effects, which are mild), for the first time in my life. I honestly never ever thought this was possible and I am loving it. I am sure I will use cannabis again, but it feels good to take a break and not be dependent.

So, in conclusion, if you are in a country where Iboga is Legal, and you suffer from chronic pain that nothing else seems to treat- You may want to give this medicine some of your attention. I also feel somewhat bad about stepping up and speaking out about this profound substance, because I know I am influencing others to walk down this path. I do not know how I feel about this. On one hand, I am happy that people will get to experience this medicine for themselves, but on the other, I feel guilty for sensationalizing something that maybe should be kept a secret...

Be well.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 12/10/2011 6:28:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
This is one of the most beautiful story´s i´ve ever read about ibogaine, housy.

proto-pax
#3 Posted : 12/10/2011 6:40:12 PM

bird-brain

I don't think you are sensationalizing anything. This section has only 79 topics and less than 900 posts. Your putting out info for those seeking it.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

InMotion
#4 Posted : 12/21/2011 5:06:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

From talking with you before your nerve damage, to what seemed like the 'pits' of it. To when you first took iboga, to when it wore off, and how you are now with repeated iboga use. I have to say, it's truly amazing how much it's done. Don't feel guilty for sensationalizing! This is important information!

The plant recently found itself into my life as well. Truly an amazing thing. I'd love to recommend for people in the research fields to study this further. Even after one experience, this is a substance I already feel very passionate about. I wonder if there is a way we can get the word out to MAPs or similar?

۩
#5 Posted : 12/21/2011 5:08:46 AM

MAPS knows. They are using it in the context of addiction treatment. At least that is what I heard Rick Doblin speak about during the recent conference on livestream.

It's a good start, but as you see here with this thread, and your recent experience with it, there is so much more to this compound.

SHroomtroll
#6 Posted : 3/2/2012 5:22:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I suffer from 2herniated discs in my lower back which caused some nerve damage, anyway 9 years later i still have pain sometimes like right now which ive had for a month after form breakdown during a deadlift workout.

After reading about iboga i´m thinking if low repeated doses could help with healing my back? this of course combined with physio therapy and yoga.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this thought crossed my mind after eating mushrooms last saturday, anyway my back felt alot better the next day, also i felt some healing sensation in my back during the trip.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 3/2/2012 8:13:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow I dont know how I didnt post anything here, I remember reading the OP and feeling really moved! Thank you for sharing, house! How are you feeling, a few months after your post?

۩
#8 Posted : 3/2/2012 8:17:30 PM

I'm feeling awesome.

SHroomtroll
#9 Posted : 3/3/2012 9:57:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

May i ask what your cause of pain was and how the ibogain helped? did it just mask the pain or did it help you heal up?

۩
#10 Posted : 3/3/2012 10:21:25 AM

I sustained damage to my sciatic nerve. Basically what happened was I caused the fluid inside of a disc [forgive me I do not remember all these medical terms] to leak out and burn the nerve. From what I was told this isn't common, and when it does happen people have reported the same symptoms years later.

After I took Iboga I remember walking comfortably for the first time since it happened. Before it felt like I was walking on burning electric knives. This comfortable feeling gradually faded because I had it still ingrained in my head that I was messed up for life as the Iboga started to wear off ~3 months later. After continued micro doses and meditation I gradually both mentally and physically was able to put this horrendous incident in my past. I am still not 100% and can feel it still hindering me in ways but I do not let it bother me anymore. It both masked the pain at first and then aided in the healing process that is still undergoing.

SHroomtroll
#11 Posted : 3/4/2012 3:16:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well then house we share the same injury, it´s called a herniated disc and i had the same thing happen to me 9years ago.

May i ask what kind of physical rehab you have been doing? first of all seing a good sports physio therapist will alway help since they can help you with muscle and flexibilty imbalances, other than that yoga and/or lifting weights will help with strengthening your muscles in your legs, hips and core, this will take some pressure off the nerve so the inflammation can go down and ease the pain.

I had sciatic nerve pain for about 3years after my initial injury, mostly pain and stiffness going doen my left leg.

nowadays the symptoms are different from time to time, right now i have some kind of muscle cramps in my deepest core muscles which make me very weak and fragile around my lower back.

i did some liberty caps last saturday which made me feel pretty good the day after, that is why i saw this thread and thought of iboga.

۩
#12 Posted : 3/4/2012 6:26:12 PM

My disc was never herniated... This was not caused by a herniated disc.

Best of luck.

universecannon
#13 Posted : 3/4/2012 7:46:07 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

۩ wrote:
I sustained damage to my sciatic nerve. Basically what happened was I caused the fluid inside of a disc [forgive me I do not remember all these medical terms] to leak out and burn the nerve. From what I was told this isn't common, and when it does happen people have reported the same symptoms years later.

After I took Iboga I remember walking comfortably for the first time since it happened. Before it felt like I was walking on burning electric knives. This comfortable feeling gradually faded because I had it still ingrained in my head that I was messed up for life as the Iboga started to wear off ~3 months later. After continued micro doses and meditation I gradually both mentally and physically was able to put this horrendous incident in my past. I am still not 100% and can feel it still hindering me in ways but I do not let it bother me anymore. It both masked the pain at first and then aided in the healing process that is still undergoing.

Smile

Glad to hear its gotten better house

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Fractalyzed
#14 Posted : 3/5/2012 3:20:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you think your back is actually healing and recovering/rebuilding itself? If it truly was, wouldn't you be able to be off the iboga and have subsided pain?

I'm not familiar with Ibogaine dosing.
We're you dosing 1g at once one day a week, or spreading out the one gram in small doses daily?
How pronounced is the iboga after ingestion?

thanks for sharing the medicine; i've read about iboga for quite a while, and i'm considering experimenting with it to see what it has to offer.

۩
#15 Posted : 3/5/2012 3:33:35 AM

Considering the fact I couldn't walk without wanting to end my life before I used this drug I am pretty sure it definitely did something.

If you look in this subforum there is a video of a scientist who discovered that ibogaine causes cells to regenerate.

I used a gram of strong bark once a week for about a month and then stopped taking it. This was after my first dose of Iboga wore off 3 months later.

I am off Iboga and have significantly subsided pain, that's the whole point of this thread. Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

Korey
#16 Posted : 3/5/2012 4:33:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you believe it may be possible to effectively treat chronic back pain caused by slipped disks with iboga?
“The most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.”

۩
#17 Posted : 3/5/2012 4:37:26 AM

There is no way for me to know that. I wasn't expecting this when I took the drug. I can say however that this is a drug you do not want to underestimate. It's not something you just take like mushrooms. It is serious stuff and like I pointed out if anyone considers this as an option please get examined before hand.

Super Radical
#18 Posted : 3/5/2012 11:12:02 AM

Poop Giggle

I'm so happy for you! I remember your old post when you were in a different place it seemed. I'm so happy to see you happy and well! Surprised

There are some things.

Dante
#19 Posted : 3/5/2012 11:17:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, this is such a beautiful thing house!! Im glad that iboga took care of you!
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

humblebee
#20 Posted : 5/14/2012 9:02:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi House,

I can't tell you how much I needed to and benefited from seeing your post. I feel like there is hope.

I have a good friend who is pretty conservative drug wise, but suffers from sciatica so badly that it's painful for me to see. She takes vicadin occasionally when it's really bad, which knocks her for a loop. (She has no problem with prescription drugs.) She can't walk far, sitting is almost impossible, standing is painful.

Shes had it for a few years, I've watched her get worse, it breaks my heart, she seems like not the same person almost. I keep wishing I could do something to help her.

How could I convince her to try this? Would it work do you think, to only micro dose or would you recommend flooding then micro dose?

you can pm me if you want.
HB
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

12NEXT