We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Electronic Music? Options

Aegle
#21 Posted : 1/22/2009 3:32:52 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Infected Mushroom, Jungle, Trip Hop, Goa, Shpongle, GMS, Juno Reactor, Desert Dwellers - Downtemple Dub is my favorite at the moment, also atmospheric DandB and the list goes on and on i listen to not only trance i also listen to Rastafarian stuff, old rock like Led Zeppelin the doors and Jimi Hendrix, blind melon. But i must say i love my psychedelic trance Smile

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DarkShaman
#22 Posted : 1/28/2009 9:55:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vodzy wrote:
DarkShaman wrote:
Yung junglist, there's nuthin' rawler than some raggedy-dark DnB.

Oh! And what's this? What y'all know about some dubstep?

Like. . .

Headhunter
Benga
iTAL Tek
Qawwali
Kromestar
Digital Mystikz

and Skream of course!

I saw him and Benga play here on Jan 3rd.
Unfortunately the needles were skippy Sad

No doubt! Yung prodigy fi de dubstep scene, 'im.

Must have been a hell of a show.

What about Burial? Anyone have any thoughts on him? Although I prefer 1/2-step style, I do dig 2-step selectively (especially from producers who do both styles, such as Benga), but Burial has his own unique style of 2-step. I haven't really been able to get into it, especially with all of the whiny-ass female bkgrnd vocals in some of his shit.

aznedy
#23 Posted : 1/29/2009 12:44:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I love chip (4-bit, 8-bit, & 16-bit music). Pretty much anything made on a gameboy, or amiga is where it's at for me. My all-time fav is Sabrepulse. But lately I've really been digging Unicorn Kid, it's incredibly complex, and always gets me dancing like a maniac.
The subject matter of this post came to me in a dream, or was communicated to me in a coded psychic message.

shoe
#24 Posted : 1/29/2009 9:15:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
trypswitch, shpongle,vibrasphere, entheogenic..man too many to name here, I guess most would fit into psy trance

woo!! YEAH!!!

Also, Asterix, Gataka, Sesto Sento are all awesome upbeat psy goa. Just round, rolling, high, euphoric, CLEAN, digital, synthetic lushness.

And of course, shpongle, hallucinogen, younger brother. OTT is also amazing Smile

If you really want some intense and deep stuff to trip out to; I *HIGHLY* reccomend "Hallucinogen in Dub" Which is basically where simon teamed up with OTT and Ott remixed all of Hallucinogens best tracks.

Omg, LSD (World sheet of closed string Remix) & Gamma Goblins (its turtles all the way down mix) are just about two of the most INTENSE peices of musical genius I have *ever* heard.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

shoe
#25 Posted : 1/29/2009 9:17:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

aznedy wrote:
But lately I've really been digging Unicorn Kid, it's incredibly complex, and always gets me dancing like a maniac.

By the way, My girlfriend goes to school with him here in Edinburgh. He's called olly, and is lanky and ginger, from what im told. (she's in his music class) Smile My flatmate also knows him pretty well, but I've never met him.
shoe

aznedy
#26 Posted : 1/29/2009 9:30:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
aznedy wrote:
But lately I've really been digging Unicorn Kid, it's incredibly complex, and always gets me dancing like a maniac.

By the way, My girlfriend goes to school with him here in Edinburgh. He's called olly, and is lanky and ginger, from what im told. (she's in his music class) Smile My flatmate also knows him pretty well, but I've never met him.

synchronicity in action!
The subject matter of this post came to me in a dream, or was communicated to me in a coded psychic message.

shoe
#27 Posted : 1/29/2009 9:51:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to think that Edinburgh was a bit crap, but kronenberg 1664 blanc (a delicious wheat beer) is brewed here, as is Innis & Gunn - which is aaaaaaaaabsolutely gorgeous. Definately my favourite beer. Weighing in at a hefty 6.6%, its also scrumptous. Aged in Oak barrels for 77 Days, tasting of honey, almost... buttery. And only £1.50 a bottle! You actually can't ask for better than that. Supreme quality at an amazing price. And alot of other very talented people live and work here. Or have done, Like Alexander Graham Bell, Inventor of the telephone, hydrofoils and the metal detector!

So, I guess its not all bad Smile

Where are you from aznedy?
shoe

PREV12