We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Electronic Music? Options

bltcRichie
#1 Posted : 12/2/2008 2:45:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Of the various genres of music, I think more focus could be put on subigenres. Specifically speaking in the case of Electronic Music.

When talking about electronic music, there is such a spectrum of variety that talking about sub-genres is usually the most effective way to do it. Trance, House, Happy Hardcore, Breaks, Dnb, and Electro are the most popular I can think of offhand; and I'm wondering if anyone has any interest in them or other sub-genres.

Music is a powerful part of my life & I hope to be able to share, as well as expand my knowledge, about it.

What kind of electronic music do you find yourself listening to? (Genres? Sub-genres? Artists? Stations? 'casts?)
better living through change

we can either grow like the non-human beings around us, or try to stay the same just because we can.

posts are ment for entertainment only; and are highly suggested against taking seriously, seriously.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

tjg
#2 Posted : 12/2/2008 3:11:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Um, well... I really like Ulver's album, "Perdition City"

Other than that I listen to random trance music. It's pretty damn repetitive... but it's awesome. I dunno, I just really fucking dig trance music.

jamie
#3 Posted : 12/2/2008 3:25:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

trypswitch, shpongle,vibrasphere, entheogenic..man too many to name here, I guess most would fit into psy trance
Long live the unwoke.

bltcRichie
#4 Posted : 12/2/2008 3:43:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

tjg: Have you heard any BT or Der Holländer ? You may like it. Trance is awesome, I like the builds and subtle elements; good stuff.

fractal enchantment: psytrace/goa definitely. Vibrasphere has some amazing work;; trypswitch, will have to find some. Have you heard any Parasystem, Ziax, or Pig & Dan? Goa is of my favorites, the progressive of the beat, active and passive elements that play off of eachother; mmm, excellent tunes.

oh, you both will probably like Rabbit in the Moon; if you're ever looking for new audio.

we can either grow like the non-human beings around us, or try to stay the same just because we can.

posts are ment for entertainment only; and are highly suggested against taking seriously, seriously.

jamie
#5 Posted : 12/2/2008 5:23:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

no, never heard any of them, but am going to check it out now..thanx
Long live the unwoke.

tjg
#6 Posted : 12/2/2008 7:09:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't actually heard BT, but absolutely everyone I know wants me to hear it so I should probably check it out.

I should probably mention Azure Skies, they're a rhythmic noise act and they're pretty awesome.

11:11
#7 Posted : 12/5/2008 1:19:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infected Mushroom! Love em! Listen to a lot of Psy-trance, IDM, some Jungle, Trip Hop, Goa. Aphex Twin, Venetian Snares, Shpongle, GMS, Ganga Giri (Awesome), Juno Reactor. Like someone else said, waaay too many to name here.
Psychonautical musical adventures

I am the Pickled Herring, raging through the streets of Aurangabad. Smiting the simian fortress of Agartha I fly with pan liners and garbage bags attached to my million tentacles of horrid putrefaction, eating souls and raining down corpses on the mighty city of Gruad.

Hail Eris!

Kukaracha
#8 Posted : 12/7/2008 11:47:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I listen to some psytrance right now, especially 1200 micrograms who are just awesome.

They made an album about many varieties of drugs. Although it doesn't always stick with the feeling given by the substance, it is still a nice, very trippy album.

Here is one of my favorite songs, especially the beginning. But I pretty much love all of them (just look up on youtube).

Oh, and yeah, this one is pretty amazing too, look around 5:50

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 12/7/2008 3:51:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you guys may really like some Liquid Stranger, OTT, and check out some of Raja Ram's - Spaceships Of Imagination..awesome stuff
it's a sound

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 12/7/2008 4:30:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

also check out sofaspace.ch amazing mix of wonderful music..shpongle..entheogenic..blue tech...OTT...and tons of other kick ass music

http://www.sofaspace.ch/
it's a sound

hysterix
#11 Posted : 12/13/2008 2:09:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psytrance is great, if you want to see someone dj a 24 hour show straight through by themselves, check goa gil out, he is amazing.

http://www.goagil.com/
And of course the psychedelics are the naturally evolved nano-machinary of the gayain-matrix that knits together this cosmic ecology. -Terrance Mckenna

ambi-lysergance
#12 Posted : 12/13/2008 9:26:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Electronic wise I dj lots of deeply underground experimetal hardcore stuff. the music is a fusion of psychedelic/industrial/ambient/noise

only way I can describe it is fast paced broken and hevily distorted beats arranged and morphed through fields of psychedelic ambiance.

artists such as La Peste @ Hangars Liquides
Poka Michelson ( Fischkopf, homicide, reverse)
Stella Michelson ( Fraktal, Karnage)
Neurocore
Somatic Responses (for more acidic industrial soundscapes)
Le talium

i dont really expect many peeps to have heard of these artists but shall upload some mixes asap for the few ppl who may appreciate such sounds.

ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

varun
#13 Posted : 12/19/2008 5:27:50 AM

jo_cosmic

I love stuff from Lee Van Dowski especially his album 'As Told On The Eve Of' which was a collaboration with Quenum. Aphex Twin, Square Pusher, Raja Ram with hallucinogen (Shpongle), Boards Of Canada, Richie Hawtin, Alex Smoke and the whole crew from Soma Records, Goa Gil...
The list is endless. I love Minimal, Deep Tech, Psy Trance, Progressive, IDM. Not a very big fan of Trance and the real Rave stuff like Hardcore etc although I used to be when I was younger. Don't like Electro much either.
John Digweed and Sasha are great as well... I love their sets.
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

vodzy
#14 Posted : 1/12/2009 1:50:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like darkpsy (Baphomet Engine is my fav), a fusion of dubstep / tekstep / dnb and breakcore madness, dub, aussie prog (Zenon label) and some electro-house/pop. I'm getting into 8-bit music too, music that sounds like old-skool video games (check out Crystal Castles!)

thepureskunk
#15 Posted : 1/14/2009 8:04:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Used to love the rave culture here in the UK in the early 90's...so many great nights Shocked

Now i like more chilled stuff..

This is a great radio station here in the UK: http://www.helpmechill.com/index.htm

Some of my fav tripping music has to be the French Band, Air: http://www.last.fm/music/Air

Peace Smile
acolon_5 wrote:
Welcome to club hypersex.

I've been there too...it is amazing.

TheNtt
#16 Posted : 1/15/2009 9:06:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ott. Go see Ott if you can. From twisted records (uk)

DarkShaman
#17 Posted : 1/16/2009 1:40:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yung junglist, there's nuthin' rawler than some raggedy-dark DnB.

Oh! And what's this? What y'all know about some dubstep?

Like. . .

Headhunter
Benga
iTAL Tek
Qawwali
Kromestar
Digital Mystikz

MR.shroom
#18 Posted : 1/17/2009 2:33:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

feel free to check some of my stuff here : myspace.com/overclockeddimension djerikshroom.multiply.com i'm a psytrance dj/producer i love electronic music of all sorts high and no high electronic music is what makes me fly Smile

vodzy
#19 Posted : 1/19/2009 7:05:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DarkShaman wrote:
Yung junglist, there's nuthin' rawler than some raggedy-dark DnB.

Oh! And what's this? What y'all know about some dubstep?

Like. . .

Headhunter
Benga
iTAL Tek
Qawwali
Kromestar
Digital Mystikz

and Skream of course!

I saw him and Benga play here on Jan 3rd.
Unfortunately the needles were skippy Sad

bltcRichie
#20 Posted : 1/22/2009 5:27:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

'tis excellent to see that others share the interest in electronic music.

getting a bit more obscure; Grime? Downtempo? or Experimental?

12NEXT