We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Lesson learned: DMT falling on closed minds. Options

corpus callosum
#21 Posted : 12/6/2011 6:52:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Felnik wrote:

Generally, limited known drug experience is the only reference point and it doesn't even come close to representing a potential dmt journey . This thing is not really a drug in the traditional sense. There is an understandable complete underestimation of its potential power . Even after many many journeys i sometimes ask myself "how is this possible? .

I agree strongly with Felniks words particularly with regards to the vaporised experience.And that is why I think DMT enthusiasts will always be a niche group;a proper dose of the stuff is something that most people will find too shattering to face repeatedly and recreational is a term that just doesnt apply to it when its depths are ventured into.

I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#22 Posted : 12/6/2011 6:52:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

tele wrote:

Sublingual caapi plus vaped DMT = My fav.

I can say the more you explore the more used you get to it. Same thing as tropical person getting used to northern winter.
The more I have explored, the more has my anxiety been transformed to respect and luv.

When you say sublingual caapi, are you referring to extracted caapi alkaloids? Also, can you compare the nausea (if any at all) with caapi tea?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Psychonaut In Orbit
#23 Posted : 12/6/2011 7:59:08 PM

Ancient Futuristic Organisms

hixidom wrote:
Quote:
One can adjust the lenght of the experience by taking more than one blast off

That's true. I've also been thinking about getting some caapi.

Quote:
It takes guts to do this repeatedly, and it takes respect and a certain degree of caution

Yes. I've done DMT about 3 times now. The last time I did it, I sat for about 15 minutes, before smoking it, trying to get my whole body to stop shaking. As much as I feel like I'm mentally prepared for what I'm going to experience, it's like part of my body is still utterly terrified of the experience. Does anybody else ever feel like this? I'm sure that even some of the people who love roller coasters find themselves shaking when the carts are making their climb. I guess I'm still developing my love for the unknown.

No worries. SWIM has done DMT ~60 or so and he still gets the shakes EVERY TIME before lift off no matter how much he mentally and physically prepares himself for hyperspacing. There is nothing in this world that can truly prepare you for the random awe and beauty associated with a proper DMT dosage.
1% of reality is within our plane of existence. What we feel... what we see... what we hear... what we "think" we know... The other 99% percent of reality can only be shown to us through DMT. This 99% lies within the "Realm of the Unknowns". We can only experience FULL reality when we leave this vessel, our bodies. DMT gives us a taste of this full reality... the universal knowledge is given to us by the beings who call "hyperspace" their home. When in hyperspace there is no "self" but instead this self is replaced with pure and raw energy. ENERGY CAN NOT BE DESTROYED, ONLY TRANSFERRED OR TRANSFORMED! So when you have that "ego-death" during a breakthrough trip, don't fret, you are not being destroyed but yet..... YOU ARE BEING TRANSFORMED.

I LOVE YOU, RESPECT YOU AND I THANK YOU... Dimethyltryptamine ... for showing me the 99% of reality that I would never have experienced in everyday life.

*All posts under this moniker, Psychonaut In Orbit, is for entertainment and research purposes only. All events stated to have happened, or witnessed are all heresay and fictional*

tele
#24 Posted : 12/6/2011 8:27:09 PM
Explorer

Global wrote:
tele wrote:

I can say the more you explore the more used you get to it. Same thing as tropical person getting used to northern winter.
The more I have explored, the more has my anxiety been transformed to respect and luv.

When you say sublingual caapi, are you referring to extracted caapi alkaloids? Also, can you compare the nausea (if any at all) with caapi tea?

Yeah, extract... 20-30mg sublingually gives a very nice effect to the DMT. No nausea at all. Only mild effects by itself, the effects are visible how it affects the vaporized DMT. I take it almost every time before vaping.

Global
#25 Posted : 12/6/2011 9:16:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

tele wrote:
Global wrote:
tele wrote:

Yeah, extract... 20-30mg sublingually gives a very nice effect to the DMT. No nausea at all. Only mild effects by itself, the effects are visible how it affects the vaporized DMT. I take it almost every time before vaping.

How much longer does each vaped experience last?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

nexalizer
#26 Posted : 12/7/2011 2:08:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This in general is something that tends to bother me. People not doing the research, getting their arses kicked, and then blaming the drugs. Sometimes with psychological trauma.

It probably sounds arrogant, but it's not like we don't have access to information nowdays. There are literally gigabytes of text on the subject, does it really hurt so much to spend some time doing the homework? I don't get it.

I tend to see it, as someone else mentioned, as a matter of respect for the substances.. it's like you're asking to be schooled, doing this stuff without preparation.

I guess in part the cause would be the woefully inadequate cultural preparation (ie: none) available. Perhaps people have tried some pot or some xtc, figured they're equally illegal, so how different could it be.. I dunno, even this sounds really ignorant.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

hixidom
#27 Posted : 12/7/2011 2:35:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well you have a point in that the law does treat them the same and society conditions people to think of the various drug experiences as all being somehow equal in nature (and in dangerousness).
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

tele
#28 Posted : 12/7/2011 10:13:32 AM
Explorer

Global wrote:

How much longer does each vaped experience last?

With caapi I've had what seemed to be very long journeys(like one hour), when they actually lasted about 15-20minutes.
With caapi the breakthrough stage is slowed down and often I can observe much easier as things aren't going around/changing so fast, but in terms of minutes the breakthrough stage is extended only by some minutes. However the after effects, such as mild closed eye hallucinations and well you know, after effects, they last 20-30 minutes after you are back from the breakthrough, so in total the experience lasts about 30-40 minutes.(so about 20 minutes longer) Also the bodily effects are very easily noticed especially in the after effects stage. In general I think caapi's general purpose in my journeys isn't making the journeys longer, but making them more deep with the spirit of the great vine(something like bringing some ayahuasca essence to the hyperspace).
I think there's much more to caapi than just slowing down your brains processes.

vovin
#29 Posted : 12/7/2011 3:36:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

been in psychedelics for 35 years. I will tell you this for absolutely sure. If you mention a psychedelic and the persons ears dont perk up immediately move on. Seriously only those who have made the decision and are looking for the opportunity should be given the chance. Those of the mindset to try this stuff has already made that decision to 'ponder' it. Those on the fence might as well be a NO. If they aren't 100% from the get go they aren't of the right mindset.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Psychonaut In Orbit
#30 Posted : 12/7/2011 10:30:14 PM

Ancient Futuristic Organisms

vovin wrote:
been in psychedelics for 35 years. I will tell you this for absolutely sure. If you mention a psychedelic and the persons ears dont perk up immediately move on. Seriously only those who have made the decision and are looking for the opportunity should be given the chance. Those of the mindset to try this stuff has already made that decision to 'ponder' it. Those on the fence might as well be a NO. If they aren't 100% from the get go they aren't of the right mindset.

Very true words indeed vovin. SWIM use to think psyches were for everyone but boy was he wrong. When SWIM was first introduced to DMT by a friend he was immediately curious... his friend noticed. SWIM and said friend kept a nice dialog about spice for months, each one lasting 2-3 hours or more...each convo brought SWIM closer to the light of DMT. SWIM's friend felt he was ready to give SWIM a "peep show" on several occasions but something inside of SWIM told him that he just wasn't ready yet. SWIM has FULL respect for DMT and he wanted everything to be just right for the first time. SWIM's friend ended up moving but not without gifting SWIM with a good amount of spice. SWIM was beyond grateful for this, and he was beyond grateful for having such an understanding friend that approached DMT with intelligence.

Needless to say it's been months since SWIM's first trip and he's ~60 or so trips in and he wouldn't take anything back at all. Some people are destined for this path and some are not... simple as that!
1% of reality is within our plane of existence. What we feel... what we see... what we hear... what we "think" we know... The other 99% percent of reality can only be shown to us through DMT. This 99% lies within the "Realm of the Unknowns". We can only experience FULL reality when we leave this vessel, our bodies. DMT gives us a taste of this full reality... the universal knowledge is given to us by the beings who call "hyperspace" their home. When in hyperspace there is no "self" but instead this self is replaced with pure and raw energy. ENERGY CAN NOT BE DESTROYED, ONLY TRANSFERRED OR TRANSFORMED! So when you have that "ego-death" during a breakthrough trip, don't fret, you are not being destroyed but yet..... YOU ARE BEING TRANSFORMED.

I LOVE YOU, RESPECT YOU AND I THANK YOU... Dimethyltryptamine ... for showing me the 99% of reality that I would never have experienced in everyday life.

*All posts under this moniker, Psychonaut In Orbit, is for entertainment and research purposes only. All events stated to have happened, or witnessed are all heresay and fictional*

nexalizer
#31 Posted : 12/8/2011 2:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:

I've been around psychedelics for much less time, but your words surely ring true.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

PREV12