We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Telepathy Options

Infectedstyle
#1 Posted : 12/4/2011 1:56:29 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

I took mushrooms with a girlfriend and i had to say something which i didn't want to say out loud. So i tried to send a thought and suprisingly she responded back. She then asked out loud. "Who is in my head?". I said "I am in ur head. And so is the universe."
She then asked me another question telepathically and i responded again. She responded to the answer out loud.

The words that i perceived in the above mentioned experience did not present itself as feeling that I interpreted as words. They came in the sound of her voice and vocabulary intruding into my own mindspace.

I'd like to mention we split 15g fresh sclerotia between the two of us. I was barely experiencing threshold effects. She had a colourful trip of aural vision and later described some intense inner vision and life lessons.

I'm curious about ur thoughts on this experience and the possibility of telepathy itself. I'm also eager to hear about anything that has to do with telepathy, even remotely similar.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ChickenTikka
#2 Posted : 12/4/2011 2:23:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any evidence supporting telepathy has yet to surface, thats not to say its impossible but i can't say i believe in it, i wouldn't mind being wrong though.

I have heard of people sharing trips, seeing the same thing. Is it the substance affecting specific functions of the brain, or some brain to brain communication?

It is worth bringing up just how specific the brain is on seemingly pointless or random things. Far from pointless but very interesting, there is a case of someone suffering brain damage that led to them losing the ability to remember faces, instead he has to look at their clothes, shoes, jewelry or other features to remember who he was looking at.

This i think does a better job of explaining similarities with dmt experiences, like elves for example, the drug could stimulate the areas that stores elf imagery, everyone will have their own idea of what they look like, hence different yet similar experiences.

To get back on topic it would seem likely two very close individuals to generally be on the same mental page as each other, pair that with a specific triggering/stimulation of brain functions, plus the apparent enhanced perceptions the idea of telepathy could seem quite real.

Its not uncommon for people to share thoughts (not telepathically) and say the exact same thing as each other in response to events/conversation. Not quite what you have explained, but it something to think about.

Geines
#3 Posted : 12/4/2011 2:32:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Smile
If you wasn't influenced by the media (cartoons, films, news) about psychic phenomena, with an average understanding of how the brain works would still think it's possible after your experience?
A year ago if psychic abilities were proven real I would have been ecstatic, but now, proven or not I don't like the idea. I like being sound of mind. I don't want no one or anything interrupting my peace and clarity.
You must've watched a show or two about mind readers who can't control their ability and keep hearing peoples thoughts, and it gets to much. Or telepathic people who abuse their power and drive others insane. Be careful what you wish for.

Dream2Awaken
#4 Posted : 12/4/2011 5:56:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Strassman talked about reports of telepathy from aya, and believes in it. I probably wouldn't. Until it happened. Personal experience can prove (to yourself) it's true. Just do some sessions with 2 or 3 people and you'll see how often it can happen.

If you don't believe me then just wait til it happens to you. Change your mind real quick.
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"

ntwhtyouknw
#5 Posted : 12/4/2011 6:33:12 AM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

I've had several experiences when I've shared trips and thoughts. Foile a deux or shared madness I believe its called. At least for me it doesn't seem like madness but very truthful, especially considering very little of even our ordinary communication is vocal something like 10%.
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

Shamasi Wiz
#6 Posted : 12/4/2011 9:34:57 AM

kissing stars, pissing lightning, dancing upside down

Laying around a fire up in the mountains last summer, me and two of my pals each had our first convincing experience of telepathy, also thanks to some fungi. It happened a couple of different ways. Me and my friend C were talking out some of our goofiest and smartest ideas, and the energy of the discussion was getting really strong. My imagination was playfully jumping from topic to topic, and C was keeping right up.

We then sort of abruptly stopped, partially because I became way too distracted by everything I could see with my eyes closed as I wiggled around inside my sleeping bag. But according to my friend M, the conversation didn't stop. He could hear our voices continuing the conversation for about the next 15 minutes, and here's my theory on that: I personally believe that ideas are alive, and continue on independently of the thinker who originated them, growing and evolving on their own. I feel like we forged a path with the energy of our ideas, and the ideas themselves went on talking to each other even after our attention went elsewhere, and somehow M's ears followed them into the realm they wandered on to. After listening silently he finally interjected and asked us a question about something we "said", and we had no idea what he was talking about because we hadn't said a word in a long time.

So that's what M was experiencing, but back to me and my sleeping back visions: I was seeing the coolest combination of my own ideas made visual, and deeper levels of "real shit" that was surrounding me. Then I turned my focus to the right, where C was laying, and I could very clearly see the pictures that he was creating with his mind. The colors and overall characteristics were so uniquely him that I had no doubt about what I was seeing, but I had to test it out. I intentionally sent him one of my silly ideas, complete with feelings, sounds, and pictures. He instantly reacted, and it was the coolest sensation to see his "mind's eye" open up in surprise and notice mine.

We then sort of teamed up on creating this constantly shifting elaborate vision. The vision itself took on a life of its own, and did some pretty spectacular things. One specific I remember was that it turned into a giant bee and buzzed really loud, which sent these ticklish vibrations at both of us, and we both simultaneously reacted to it, saying "whoa!", and asking each other if we just felt/saw that. We confirmed a few specifics like that, but mostly just kept riding the experience as it was obvious to each of us that we were "in tune".

Sorry so long, but since that night C's and my mental connection has been pretty crazy. He answers things right before I ask them, and vice versa. Every time he calls or texts me, I get some sort of picture of him in my head, like a memory or random thought. Every time, without fail. I know this stuff already happens all the time, but it has gotten so much more frequent between us since that night. I'm convinced that's where human communication is going in our next step of evolution. It's so much more direct and efficient, not to mention really really cool. I hope I'm right.
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."

Global
#7 Posted : 12/4/2011 4:58:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

ChickenTikka wrote:
Any evidence supporting telepathy has yet to surface, thats not to say its impossible but i can't say i believe in it, i wouldn't mind being wrong though.

There have been experiments where they put two people who have never met but who are both experienced in meditation in the same room to silently meditate without communication for 30 minutes. Following this 30 minute mediation period, they separate the participants and put them in separate opaque Faraday cages. Faraday cages inhibit any kind of electromagnetic signals from penetrating and the fact that they were opaque prevented the participants from being able to see anything going on outside their individual "cages". Each participant was set up with an EEG to measure brainwave activity. For only one participant, there would be a blinking light in his cage. The observation of this blinking light would naturally create changes in brainwave activity. The other participant received no visual stimulation. What they found was that each of the participants had practically identical brainwave activity, so even though the light pulsated in one of their cages, they both responded to it all the same, and without and delay for that matter. Now of course in this case they weren't transmitting full verbal thoughts, but the point of the experiment is to demonstrate how humans can share information in some form through completely mental means. If you take the mind and power it with a psychedelic, who knows what kind of valid information can be shared.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

WhoYouCantSee
#8 Posted : 12/4/2011 5:22:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe we can become telepathic during experiences with substances. Not only telepathic but even psychic at times. One felt telepathic whilst under the influence of DXM and MJ, but at a very very basic level, being able to read ones body language and feel their emotions or energy, one believes it was also very empathetic, no words shared, no shared head-space, but possibly a heightened sense or abilities resurfacing, kind of like the connections animals have and can communicate with each other without words.

I've also read somewhere of a woman partaking in group LSD session accompanied by MDMA at peak, the end result was telepathy between herself and two others.
Peace - Live.Love.Light

Chx out Experience Vid and music: UTube Page

"Everything I've written is factually fiction!"

Hyperspace Fool
#9 Posted : 12/4/2011 8:27:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
There have been experiments where they put two people who have never met but who are both experienced in meditation in the same room to silently meditate without communication for 30 minutes. Following this 30 minute mediation period, they separate the participants and put them in separate opaque Faraday cages. Faraday cages inhibit any kind of electromagnetic signals from penetrating and the fact that they were opaque prevented the participants from being able to see anything going on outside their individual "cages". Each participant was set up with an EEG to measure brainwave activity. For only one participant, there would be a blinking light in his cage. The observation of this blinking light would naturally create changes in brainwave activity. The other participant received no visual stimulation. What they found was that each of the participants had practically identical brainwave activity, so even though the light pulsated in one of their cages, they both responded to it all the same, and without and delay for that matter. Now of course in this case they weren't transmitting full verbal thoughts, but the point of the experiment is to demonstrate how humans can share information in some form through completely mental means. If you take the mind and power it with a psychedelic, who knows what kind of valid information can be shared.

Interesting experiment. I hadn't heard of that one. If you have any links or remember any info about the people who conducted the experiment, I would love to check it out.

As for telepathy...

Happens all the freaking time. My lady and I are constantly doing it.

If entheogens enter the picture, telepathy, shared visions and the like become quite common. Typical (literally hundreds of examples) experineces tend to run like... People sitting around and a lull in the conversation descends. Someone gets thirsty and is too sunk into a sofa to reach for a bottle of juice, but the person next to them just hands it to them. When asked why they randomly handed this particular bottle of juice to that person, they respond that the person clearly asked for it. To which the person in question responds "Not with my voice..." Often the person who heard the voice can't believe it was in their head, so everyone else has to say "Nah dude... she didn't say shit."

This kind of thing has happened sooo often that it is expected among the regulars... and has been for decades.

It is a bit more difficult to do it on call, or under pressure... but this has been achieved plenty of times as well.

The most useful aspect of this tends to be when tripping outdoors and someone wanders off. If they get into a sketchy situation or need help, all of a sudden everyone else perks up... and the most sensitive one will say "So & so needs our help. They are experiencing such & such." We don't have to look for the person, because we all pretty much know where they are. Inevitably, whatever we knew they needed... they actually did need.

Aborigines are said to be able to do this dead sober. There is the famous scene from the book "Mutant Message From Down Under" where a guy breaks his leg (or was it arm) something like a half days walk away from the camp. But the healer women got to work getting ready to heal him at the EXACT moment he broke the bone. By the time he came into camp with his injury, no one was surprised and just immediately set about fixing him up. Most people remember this scene because of the wild manner which the Aborigine women healed him. They had collected their period menstrual blood in a hollow stick, and took this dried black paste and applied to the wound (a compound fracture) which proceeded to heal in a matter of hours.

Anyway, I can already hear the skeptics crowing and cawing. Have a field day.

Cool
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Parshvik Chintan
#10 Posted : 12/4/2011 8:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
ChickenTikka wrote:

Shocked !!!
i can has soz?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
樹

Infectedstyle
#11 Posted : 12/4/2011 10:06:08 PM

Global wrote:
ChickenTikka wrote:

Interesting. Do you know why they used faraday cages for this experiment? I suspect our soul has an electromagnetic output in the material world. But not in the form of a huge field, but rather a small field around a living organism that stems from within hyperspace and connects and links every living thing in the universe to the same source.

I've been thinking about this lately and i think there are two sides to telepathy. Two dimensions if you will. One of them is the Logos, or Animus. Which is an audiovisual language. The metaphysical place where all ideas and thoughts originate from. The logos is a medium for vocal and visual telepathy. And i think it is not different from our imagination.

Then you have the Eros. The Anima. That includes felt experience in the heart. This is where raw emotion stems from. This is a lot harder to confirm as a collective energy because it transcends language. It's very hard to articulate feeling. It feels electric and ecstatic.

I think one can not be without the other. The Eros and the Logos are connected. The Eros is like the life energy and the soul while the Logos is like the playground in which the soul journeys and speaks through. Thus when the Anima and Animus are in balance and working together. Only then are you living up to full potential.

I know this may be hard to grasp and a little vaguely supported. But i'm trying to articulate something which i think is a very profound fact of nature and that it is intimately linked with the Mayan 2012 prophecy. A global awareness of this interconnected grid. Indeed the next step in evolution. If anything i said matches (or mismatches) some of your thoughts or experience please let me know.

Parshvik Chintan
#12 Posted : 12/4/2011 11:11:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
i think ... it is intimately linked with the Mayan 2012 prophecy. A global awareness of this interconnected grid. Indeed the next step in evolution.

My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
樹

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#13 Posted : 12/4/2011 11:34:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
Global wrote:

Interesting experiment. I hadn't heard of that one. If you have any links or remember any info about the people who conducted the experiment, I would love to check it out.

As for telepathy...

Happens all the freaking time. My lady and I are constantly doing it.

If entheogens enter the picture, telepathy, shared visions and the like become quite common. Typical (literally hundreds of examples) experineces tend to run like... People sitting around and a lull in the conversation descends. Someone gets thirsty and is too sunk into a sofa to reach for a bottle of juice, but the person next to them just hands it to them. When asked why they randomly handed this particular bottle of juice to that person, they respond that the person clearly asked for it. To which the person in question responds "Not with my voice..." Often the person who heard the voice can't believe it was in their head, so everyone else has to say "Nah dude... she didn't say shit."

This kind of thing has happened sooo often that it is expected among the regulars... and has been for decades.

It is a bit more difficult to do it on call, or under pressure... but this has been achieved plenty of times as well.

The most useful aspect of this tends to be when tripping outdoors and someone wanders off. If they get into a sketchy situation or need help, all of a sudden everyone else perks up... and the most sensitive one will say "So & so needs our help. They are experiencing such & such." We don't have to look for the person, because we all pretty much know where they are. Inevitably, whatever we knew they needed... they actually did need.

Aborigines are said to be able to do this dead sober. There is the famous scene from the book "Mutant Message From Down Under" where a guy breaks his leg (or was it arm) something like a half days walk away from the camp. But the healer women got to work getting ready to heal him at the EXACT moment he broke the bone. By the time he came into camp with his injury, no one was surprised and just immediately set about fixing him up. Most people remember this scene because of the wild manner which the Aborigine women healed him. They had collected their period menstrual blood in a hollow stick, and took this dried black paste and applied to the wound (a compound fracture) which proceeded to heal in a matter of hours.

Anyway, I can already hear the skeptics crowing and cawing. Have a field day.

Cool

back in the days where i lived with other people, me and my house partner smoked a lot of MJ together, and a lotof that stuff happened. so i started experimenting. sending toughts like, -turn of the light, -turn the music lower, -im hungry -pass the joint, etc etc... at the begining i had to repeat that tought a litle, but then it started to be instantaneous.
i used to joke with it when i had friends home like "look now he is going to turn the light off" or do whatever, and some people started to get convinced that im a psychic.

and it happened a lot with shrooms or lsd specialy if i hae some kind of empatic coection with te person..

and some people say its just schizofrenia or paranoia, but in a time i took way to much acid during 3 months, i had a loooot of voices in my head...
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

Infectedstyle
#14 Posted : 12/5/2011 12:56:20 AM

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
Infectedstyle wrote:
i think ... it is intimately linked with the Mayan 2012 prophecy. A global awareness of this interconnected grid. Indeed the next step in evolution.

Well, i think because i'm not absolutely sure about everything. Rolling eyes

Global
#15 Posted : 12/5/2011 3:53:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I can't remember where exactly I saw the telepathy experiment I outlined above, but my memory is suggesting that it was from a Nova science documentary I saw on Netflix. If nothing else, I believe it was a documentary on Netflix, but I'm pretty sure it was a Nova special.

Infectedstyle - the reason they were using faraday cages was to dismiss the idea that some kind of outside signal could have been interfering or sent within that range of the EM spectrum. If you want to know my possible beliefs, I think the mechanism at play to allow the exchange of such information is through the zero point field. Regardless of the fact that they were separated by faraday cages through which electromagnetic signals cannot pass, being that zero point energy that permeates the whole of the universe and exists independent of space-time can allow for the instantaneous transmission of signals as recorded in the experiment.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Wax
#16 Posted : 12/5/2011 7:57:29 AM

LUVR

I believe we can communicate on some higher level for sure.
ESPECIALLY with the aid of substances.

One time my close friend and I had taken a few hits of LSD and he was smoking a cigarette on the porch and I was inside the house walking out to join him,
as I walked to the back door I thought it would be funny to play some sort of joke on him and thought silently to myself that I would.
when I got outside I said "hey G" and he replied "I know what you are doing.."
I asked him what he thought I was doing and he said "you're trying to play a joke on me."

I immediately started jumping around and yelling at him at how "f#$@ing crazy!" it was that he just read my mind.
Furthermore, throughout the night he continued to predict every rise and fall of the effects I was feeling.

I will never forget that, it blew my mind even more than seeing it rain in my kitchen later that night Very happy
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

polytrip
#17 Posted : 12/5/2011 11:58:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I have also had these kind of experiences. At the same time i think it´s wise not to cling-on to the belief in such things...i think there are several explanations possible that all boil down to our ability to relate to others and use our imagination.

We don´t know everything about the brain, about our own psychology and non-verbal communication, etc.

Tek
#18 Posted : 12/5/2011 1:57:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
I took mushrooms with a girlfriend and i had to say something which i didn't want to say out loud. So i tried to send a thought and suprisingly she responded back. She then asked out loud. "Who is in my head?". I said "I am in ur head. And so is the universe."
She then asked me another question telepathically and i responded again. She responded to the answer out loud.

The words that i perceived in the above mentioned experience did not present itself as feeling that I interpreted as words. They came in the sound of her voice and vocabulary intruding into my own mindspace.

I'd like to mention we split 15g fresh sclerotia between the two of us. I was barely experiencing threshold effects. She had a colourful trip of aural vision and later described some intense inner vision and life lessons.

I'm curious about ur thoughts on this experience and the possibility of telepathy itself. I'm also eager to hear about anything that has to do with telepathy, even remotely similar.

Happened to me twice (That I can remember). The first time is very similar to your own experience.

I was tripping on mushrooms with my gf who was doing yoga on the floor and at the time I was coming down off a wild ride. I had the voice of my guide whom I call Teo talking to me at this time and I looked at my girlfriend on the floor and had the thought enter to my mind via this entity 'what you love in her is really what you love in yourself, her body is just a vessel.' Without a moment's hesitation, as if I had said it right out loud she got up off her yoga mat, looked right at me and asked 'what's a vessel?'

Totally stunned, I asked her why she wanted to know to which she replied 'I dunno... I just had this really wierd thought that my body is just a vessel, but I don't really know what the word vessel means!' We had a good laugh about that.

Another time, a few friends of mine were tripping around a campfire. I started to enter into a state where I was operating from a higher aspect of my mind and as I was looking at them and the beautiful nature scene I was in, I sort of relaxed my mind and had this revelation that I'm connected to all things. So I sort of extended my love to all those people who were with me and I could feel them on a really different and not physical level. As I was doing this, sort of feeling out the different emotions that were running through our group, my buddy sitting right next to me jumped up and exclaimed 'guys... does anyone else feel like someone is reading your mind right now!?' He was so freaked out by it I stopped what I was doing.

Wasn't ayahuasca originally called telepathine in the scientific literature of Gordon Wasson's era?
All posts are from the fictional perspective of The Legendary Tek: the formless, hyperspace exploring apprentice to the mushroom god Teo. Tek, the lord of Eureeka's Castle, is the chosen one who has surfed the rainbow wave and who resides underneath the matter dome. All posts are fictitious in nature and are meant for entertainment purposes only.

Global
#19 Posted : 12/5/2011 2:19:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

geometric_wisdom wrote:
Global wrote:
ChickenTikka wrote:

I think you are referring to the group of experiments conducted by Dr. Michael Persinger in relation to the development of the Koren Helmet, or what is referred to as the "GOD Helmet" the 2 links you wanna look at is first: http://www.shaktitechnology.com/god_helmet.htm
and then: http://www.shaktitechnology.com/

I'm actually considering buying one of their setups for "altered states" and incase anyone asks, no i have no vested interest with these people or the company
wow, i just had a read into it, and found this: http://www.shaktitechnol...hakti/rotating/index.htm

No, that's not the experiment to which I'm referring. There was no technology that aided in the telepathy. Technology was merely used to A: block EM radiation (with the Faraday cage) and B: record brainwave activity using EEG and C: the blinking light to act as a visual stimulus and for disrupting brainwave activity. The telepathy that took place was a result of having meditated together in close proximity with no technological aid.

polytrip
#20 Posted : 12/5/2011 2:24:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
These things happen all the time. Yet, i think you can never realy control them or know what´s going on.
It´s definately fun and exciting to experiment with, but i think in the end it´s best to see it as just a fun thing that can happen....it´s not something you can ever 'rely on' in your daily life or something.

There are a few experiments everybody can do that are realy spectacular. For instance, if you take a psychedelic toghether (it even works with LSD) and stand next to eachother in front of a mirror, looking into it, you can easily 'fool' your own mind when you look into the other persons eyes: Your mind is fooled into believing that you´re looking at yourself instead of at the other person....and you will have the sensation that you´ve switched body´s!!!

123NEXT