We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Twisting sensation during meditation Options

Wax
#1 Posted : 12/3/2011 6:35:09 AM

LUVR

Lately I have been using cannabis as an aid in meditation.
I will smoke a fair amount and then lay in bed and clear my mind (or try to).

I have had great success with this before in achieving deeper meditation.

The problem is I get to a point where my limbs melt into the bed and I am no longer aware of my body,
this is the point that I am trying to get to in order to let go and travel inward,
but I feel like my awareness is being twisted within my body if that makes sense.
It's like I'm trying to astral travel but can only twist around unwillingly.

So I become really disoriented and weirded out by the feeling and discontinue meditation.
Sometimes I even feel "off center" within myself for a while later.

Any body know what I could do to get past this or control it?

I should mention that without cannabis it is nearly impossible for me to reach this state.
I would love to get past using pot and just doing it naturally but everybody loves shortcuts right? Wink
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

drishti
#2 Posted : 12/4/2011 12:16:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Even though I meditate several times a week without any “aids”, I found that meditating with pot or other plant spirits offers a fast-paced evolution, and this is exactly what I’m looking for, just like you. It’s interesting what you describe as a twisting sensation – you cannot feel your body, while you feel that you’re trapped inside yourself. And due to this awkward sensation you lose your focus, because it disturbs you, am I interpreting it correctly? In my opinion, you have blockages in one or more of your chakras. In this case, pot may not be enough to open them, you need more interventions. At first, try to think about any obstacles / personal weaknesses that are holding you back in your everyday life (eg. communication issues, self-esteem problems, low stress-resistance, and the list goes on). After a time of introspection and thorough contemplation, you’ll start to detach yourself from them. Then you can move on to do chakra cleaning and opening techniques. I recommend you some that I’ve done and am still doing regularly. One is kundalini yoga, combined with kryias. With the help of these, you’ll clear all the blockages from your main energy centers with the help of breathing and movement (the alternation of long deep breathing and breath of fire will bring you most of the good results). With these techniques, you’ll learn where these energy centers are located exactly in your subtle body, and how to release blockages from them.

Another technique that I recommend is called Tsa Lung. This is a Buddhist way to clean the chakras, however it doesn’t mean you have to be a practicing Buddhist in order to benefit from it. It also consists of a set of breathing exercises (inhaling, re-inhaling, holding your breath while doing certain movements, and exhaling). Each set is dedicated to release blockages from a particular chakra. After each set, there is a pause, when you instantly enter a deep state a meditative awareness, with your chakras fully open. Simply wonderful! You can download kundalini yoga and kryia videos and the Tsa Lung, too via torrentz.com.

And, in order to really enhance the effect of all this breathwork, you could to a 2-3 nights (consecutive) ayahuasca session. I personally found ayahuasca extremely cleaning and healing. My first real meditation experience was offered by the spirit of the vine. After my first aya experiment, I never had any issues is meditation with pot or amanitas – nevertheless, I’m still doing kryias and Tsa Lung regularly. Chakras need permanent maintenance! Razz And meditation is something one has to approach gradually, without wanting immediate success.

Of course, if all this doesn’t resonate with you, please don’t follow my tips. It’s just a very subjective approach to your problem, with ideas based on my experiences.

Hope all goes well for you, don’t forget to keep us updated on your evolution with meditation!

Wax
#3 Posted : 12/4/2011 7:40:40 PM

LUVR

Drishti, you are correct in your interpretation.

I am new to meditation just practicing on and off for a year or so. I don't really follow a particular school of thought, I have just had a few deep experiences mainly while coming down from mushrooms, that I would really like to return to.
I should probably start out with particular mediations like the ones you mention, until I find what works for me.

Thank you for your response, I will definitely check out your recommendations!
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'