We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sports Options

Reborn
#1 Posted : 11/29/2008 9:17:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

The surfing thread got me thinking.
The general drug taking crowd (especially psychedelic types), is sometimes stereotyped as non participating in sports or liking physical activity but as all stereotypes obviously are not always true.

So question how many of you enjoy sports, what types and do you ever mix drugs with sports.

For me its ice hockey, favorite sport, would play all the time if possible.
I have mixed drugs with many sports often but one of the coolest times was taking 2c-i and going to play hockey, everything was so slow on the ice, time slowed down for me, which is exactly what you want in a fast sport. I played a great game. For great hockey players the game does not seem fast, they can process information much quicker, thus for them time is moving slower on the ice.

Obviously in our culture sports and drug use have always been intertwined but normally drugs such as cocaine, amphetamines, pain killers and of course steroids and other performance enhancers.

But how about psychedelics and sports, rarely discussed of course, but I think small doses can enhance play as long as you don't go overboard and start tripping hard. Sure makes the game fun in my opinion.

Thoughts???
Memory, prophecy and fantasy
-the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all in one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 11/29/2008 11:59:50 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I love PLAYING sports... as well as hiking, fishing, hunting, camping, etc.

I however DO NOT like WATCHING sports on TV or going to games.

Quote:
But how about psychedelics and sports, rarely discussed of course, but I think small doses can enhance play as long as you don't go overboard and start tripping hard. Sure makes the game fun in my opinion.

Psilocybin as been shown to make the human eye more sensitive to the skewing of two parrell lines (some study from the 60s) so it may actually help.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

endlessness
#3 Posted : 11/30/2008 1:28:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive played football (soccer, for the americans) on acid and also mushrooms, and did feel like it increased my abilities.. but these times it was low dose

I love sports in general, body skills and all, and would like to get much better at it (and will! its an aim I have and am starting to work for it)

my sports are usually hiking, going on waterfalls, exploring, free climbing and so on.. and also football, I really playing it. I dont really cheer for teams because I dont get the point of identifying for one particular team, but I do like watching top level games, and appreciate people's abilities (but dont like the $$$ oriented high level sports also, so have mixed feelings about it)

I did yoga for a while but got too busy and stopped, but will go back to it very soon, after I move.

I also LOVE watching capoeira and want to learn it, but gotta get a bit more of body control again to have the confidence to join a capoeira circle.

Low/medium doses of acid mixes well with sports I think. Hiking gets specially interesting and you get extra energy and ability with it. But mostly I just like to smoke a joint after I finish everything.

Entheogens in general normally give me many lessons, and one type of lesson that comes once in a while is to be each time more physically active and learn more about my own body, be more healthy, etc.

jamie
#4 Posted : 12/2/2008 7:56:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I skateboard alot, i used to enter lots of contests
and I started mountain biking lately as well
Durring the summer I like live at the beach, either skimboarding or surfing
I snowboard alot in the winter

I used to play team sports alot in elementary school, but i totally didnt fit in with any of those activities, so i started skateboaridng in about grd 8 and fell in loveVery happy

I like to go hiking on the trails around my house with my dog and practice yoga as well, though not as much as I would like to..and I use cannabis durring all of these

I also did taekwondo for about maybe 6 years..capoeira is interesting, i have a friend from paraguay who does it, and i dated a girl who also was into it.
Long live the unwoke.