We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
acacia melanoxylon extraction report Options

rechard.kid
#1 Posted : 11/30/2011 2:00:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi all nexus entities, i have a been floating around these forums for years and reasearching the wonderfull world of psycadellics, with having a lot of experiance with many chemicals.swim is based on a small island down under down under and i have been trying to find a sorce for spice down here. after lots of time identifieing a couple diferens verieties of acacia i tryed a extraction and a couple. mainly a couple kilo of melanoxylon aka tas blackwood. with no results. i find this interesting and am almost certain there must be a seasonal vary in the alkaloid content. extractions where performed in spring.
here is an overview of my extraction attempt.
there must be many more plants out there with dmt surely.

any way i started by grinding up the leaves of melanoxylon. adding DH20 a bit of vinigar and a couple grams of citric acid. i let this brew for 2 weeks stiring ocassionally. after the liquid had taken up avery darl colour i did defat with toluene witch yeilded a large amuont of oil. i then basifyed by adding caustic soda until no more would disole and ph paper indicated high ph. filted a couple of times through a tshirt. boiled i down to a workable amount and added shellite. did4 shellite pulls over a week wich yeilded a amount of yellowish white powder. the powder was then washed and rexed.
i smoked some and nothing.

i thought this would be interesting info for anyone who is looking around at diferent plants.

dissapointing in the end. one day i will try again maybe in autum with baieyenna.

and after all this i did an experiment with a local cactus with i had susspisions about (san pedro) wich worked out very well to say the least. great experiance off 33cm of a large cacti. maybe i will try to make some mesculine salt. i found it to be much more gentle and controlled smooth than psilocibin and lsd.

thanks and peace to all nexeeez
stay true to self , things will follow through
enter decay

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nen888
#2 Posted : 11/30/2011 2:14:02 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..hey, thanks for this report rechard.kidSmile ..negative findings are just as important as positive..
i only got trace amounts (less than 0.05%) dmt from melanoxylon (1 test), but it could be strain based or seasonal..
..to save time and resources, i usually test about 80-100grams of unknown plant, using heat to speed up the process..in fact, i had a recent negative
result from A. elata..one previous test in winter had found tryptamines, this second test in summer yielded a strange orange wax with almost no effect, perhaps tryptamine precursors..i once tested a previously successful A. obtusifolia plant when it was flowering and got a similarly innactive material, and another following rain which yeilded nothing (6 months previously had been 0.4%)

..i'm working on getting my re-agent kit back together..this way, only a leaf or two and half an hour are required to see if it's worth going ahead with full extraction...

biopsylo
#3 Posted : 11/30/2011 7:01:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
..i'm working on getting my re-agent kit back together..this way, only a leaf or two and half an hour are required to see if it's worth going ahead with full extraction...

nice. you know, i think melanoxylon was one of the varieties i tested while in nz a couple years ago. i didn't find anything either.

yeah, making a standardized "test kit' to see if a plant is active would be beneficial. how about a digital scanner?Stop Very happy

rechard.kid
#4 Posted : 12/1/2011 12:30:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

can anyone please link me to making a re-agent test kit? then i may be more sucsessfull. seasonal change is very interesting
peace
stay true to self , things will follow through
enter decay

nen888
#5 Posted : 12/1/2011 3:57:29 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling