We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking device Options

geordie
#1 Posted : 11/29/2011 5:23:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know everyone on here advocates the Vapour genies, but Im super skint so ordering anything that costs £50 off the internet at the minute is impossible (of course i will be getting one soon enough to see what the hype is about) My local headshops sell nothing but crappy weed pipes. I know you can make a vapouriser from a lightbulb but ive heard bad things about them. Ive just finished extracting some spice which is burning a hole in its little jar as we speak and was wondering what people would suggest was the best makeshift smoking device until i can collect some more sparkles and buy a proper one?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Sky Motion
#2 Posted : 11/29/2011 5:37:15 PM

<3

Honestly, if you just need something fast and easy until the right time comes for the GVG, there is nothing wrong with a lightbulb. It is what I am currently using and I have gotten the technique down right so that not much is wasted (maybe a few mg of vapor) and it has certainly brought me far. The key is to never touch the flame to the bulb, ever. It will burn fast, keep it away and let the dmt melt into liquid and you will see vapor start to form, then move the flame a bit furthur away and slowly inhale. The trick is to let the vapor form before you start inhaling, or you most certainly wont be able to clear your dose in 1-2 inhalations. Hope this helped!

Safe travels~

tigerstrike92
#3 Posted : 11/29/2011 5:38:17 PM

Homo-divinorum

I would recommend They Key, only use 7 or 8 screens on the bottom.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11711

It has always worked great for me, even just for vaporizing cannabis.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

geordie
#4 Posted : 11/29/2011 5:50:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah looks like a lightbulb for me then. feels like being a teenager again making crazy contraptions for smoking weed. Happy days thanks for the advice.

rjb
#5 Posted : 11/29/2011 5:57:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I cannot advertise the mini machine enough Smile Beats the lightbulb hands down, and is cheaper than any store pipe.

All you need is a mini-liquor bottle (mine is 50ml), some steel wool, a straw and a screwdriver (alternatively, any glass cracking device could be used to replace the screwdriver).

Not only is it cheap, it's also very efficient and easy to carry around (if you feel the need to). I'm having a VG on the way, but I'd use this just because I can see through it Smile

I've used the lightbulb before and it sucked, lots of D was evaporated from the steel wool directly into the air. Without the filter, it's even harded to vape it without burning it, not to even mention the taste...
rjb attached the following image(s):
1.jpg (191kb) downloaded 141 time(s).
2.jpg (166kb) downloaded 141 time(s).
3.jpg (145kb) downloaded 141 time(s).
The truth...lies within.

Global
#6 Posted : 11/29/2011 6:10:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Use a bong or bowl with 3-5 screens, an ash/herb bed, and maybe an extra layer on top of the spice to protect it from the flame. Relatively simple and available setup that can be quite effective.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Xt
#7 Posted : 11/30/2011 12:42:28 PM

Get that plastic Straw out your device.

β€œRight here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Purges
#8 Posted : 11/30/2011 1:39:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
Use a bong or bowl with 3-5 screens, an ash/herb bed, and maybe an extra layer on top of the spice to protect it from the flame. Relatively simple and available setup that can be quite effective.

Bong + enhanced leaf / Changa. Do it Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Parshvik Chintan
#9 Posted : 11/30/2011 10:25:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
Bong + enhanced leaf / Changa. Do it Very happy

this.
the only vaporization you need with this method is good technique with a lighter(the flame doesn't need to touch the changa)
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ζ¨Ή

DMTerrestrial
#10 Posted : 12/14/2011 7:39:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rjb wrote:
I cannot advertise the mini machine enough Smile Beats the lightbulb hands down, and is cheaper than any store pipe.

All you need is a mini-liquor bottle (mine is 50ml), some steel wool, a straw and a screwdriver (alternatively, any glass cracking device could be used to replace the screwdriver).

Not only is it cheap, it's also very efficient and easy to carry around (if you feel the need to). I'm having a VG on the way, but I'd use this just because I can see through it Smile

I've used the lightbulb before and it sucked, lots of D was evaporated from the steel wool directly into the air. Without the filter, it's even harded to vape it without burning it, not to even mention the taste...

Yes the mini machine is a good method. People give it rave reviews, say they swear by it. Personally I've not gotten around to making one just yet. I want a glass drill bit to make mine.

As of now I use a light bulb with amazing results. RJB I'm not sure why you are using steel wool in your light bulbs. All one needs to do is bust in the black tip, remove innards, add salt/sugar and sake it around to remove the white coating. Insert spice or herb of choice and follow Sky Motion's instructions on keeping the flame away from the glass. It is also important to make sure your smoke is nice and thick, as dense and it can be and not getting any more thick/dense. This means you have officially vaped all your herb/spice and it is now ready to inhale. Inhale slowly as to not cough.

IMPORTANT: One must be aware that these light bulbs have a tenancy to crack or shatter if heat is applied too quickly. One should use a bic lighter and slowly heat the bulb. Don't move the lighter, move the bulb. Slowly heat the surrounding area before starting to heat the herb/spice area. This will allow for more even heat distribution as well as less chance of bulbs cracking. The slower you heat the bulb the less likely it is to crack. I also find that putting scotch tape around the bulb where the flame won't be heating helps give the bulb strength and is less likely to crack.

One time I had my shirt off and the bulb shattered all over my chest!!!! Nothing worse than 300degree glass shards all over you that you can't wipe off cause they will cut you up!(Keep face away and hold over table and not body.)

Aside from the warnings, if you follow the directions and wear a shirt there is nothing to worry about.

Some links:
The Machine
Mycotopic Thread: DmT Pipe
Light Bulb Tutorial This video says use a knife, I say use needle nose pliers. This video also shows the "tobacco" at the bottom of the bulb. When in reality you want to turn the bulb on its side and place your "tobacco" on the side of the bulb for vaporization.
I can think of nothing more important for the survival of our species and those we live with then for us all to have access to the psychedelic experience.

3rdI
#11 Posted : 12/14/2011 1:20:07 PM

veni, vidi, spici

i would give another shout for The Key, it works well and is cheap. If you have a bong already just pop to B&Q and pick up a 12mm Straight Coupler (in the plumbing section for about £4), this will screw straight into the bowl of your bong, put some screens in the top and you have a lovely vapouriser that will certainly surfice untill a GVG is purchased.

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Bartacus
#12 Posted : 12/14/2011 7:02:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've recently performed my first extraction and I used the machine a few times,but then I made some enhanced leaf (electric sheep) and smoked that in a small glass bong. It's a lot easier for me,don't have to worry about burning the spice,just keep going until the herbs stop glowing!!

A GVG will be ordered soon though!

abusedtoaster
#13 Posted : 12/14/2011 9:07:55 PM

Scrumptious

Ive been thinking a corncob pipe would work nice. Just put some tinfoil with holes punched in it on top and go at er. I think Ill give it a try eventually, if it works well, ill let people know.
X

sukseed
#14 Posted : 12/15/2011 11:14:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member