We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Suggestions/comments for Plant Discussion forum Options

zhah
#1 Posted : 3/2/2007 4:30:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I'm the new mod of this forum and would like to make it a nice place to visit! I'm starting this thread as a place where people can make comments or suggestions, e.g. are there any topics or faqs that we would like to make sticky, etc. Any and all constructive feedback is welcome! see ya' in hyperspace -z
What if it really [i:92fda18de4]is[/i:92fda18de4] all about the Hokey-Pokey?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

litrium
#2 Posted : 3/4/2007 3:24:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Zhah, I think what would be useful is a plant extraction archive of other ethnobotanicals, we already have plenty of DMT extractions but it would be great to see exctrations for things such as mescaline, morning glories and even mushrooms if that's even possible. Think it's a good idea? Let me know. :thumbsup:

sillysyban
#3 Posted : 3/4/2007 6:07:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How about not only plant lists but thier descriptions and natural habitats,growing conditions or even pics of these plants?
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

Doerak
#4 Posted : 3/4/2007 11:12:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice idea. The forum could act as some sort of database. Members can post pictures and information about the plants. Moderators could then move the confirmed and accepted information into locked topics, building up a database of plant information.

zhah
#5 Posted : 3/4/2007 8:37:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi! Glad to see that this post generated some quick responses, thanks! One goal I would have would be to try to not re-invent the wheel, but rather focus attention and energy on things that aren't available elsewhere. Erowid has, in case anybody doesn't know, quite an impressive collection of pictures, information, etc. on psychoactives: http://www.erowid.org I highly recommend submitting pictures, trip reports, and other valuable information on entheogens to erowid. The downside of erowid is that it can take a *long* time before they post a submission and some of their information is dated. They still only have the QT and Yoda's DMT extraction tek for example, although they'll be posting Noman's DMT for the Masses tek soon (so I hear...) That's one of the strengths of a forum like this: information is disseminated quickly and you can get new information/pictures/extraction techniques posted immediately. How can we use this strength to maximum advantage without duplicating effort? -z
What if it really [i:92fda18de4]is[/i:92fda18de4] all about the Hokey-Pokey?

Doerak
#6 Posted : 3/4/2007 9:09:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New inventions are done in dynamic communities like this one, man. Erowid is pretty dead looking at how dynamic it is. There is like no communication there. DMT-Nexus has all the up-to-date techs and experiment reports, not Erowid.

Noman
#7 Posted : 3/4/2007 9:13:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:3458552964="zhah"]Hi! How can we use this strength to maximum advantage without duplicating effort? -z[/quote:3458552964] Use these forums for information about ongoing work, and when we come up with something submit it to the appropriate long term database.