We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2345NEXT
Why aren't you guys growing your own botanicals DMT-sources? Options

'Coatl
#61 Posted : 5/29/2009 3:31:55 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
"what if i move out of florida?"

Then you will have contributed to the continuation of the Mimosa plant's genes and ensured it lives for another generation, you have also increased it's habitat (however be extremely careful and never introduce fast growing plants).

This is a wonderful thing in and of it's self.

Quote:
Also, i think chachruna would be a good outdoor plant down here.

Psychotria? O yes very much so in Florida!

Quote:
Anyone no of any good seed vendors? An inspirational seed has been planted.

Yes, www.Shaman-australis.com, they have many species of Psychotria (including two types of viridis), ask for "true" viridis. They also have Iboga and Khat and many other rare plants. They ship to the U.S.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Dwhitty76
#62 Posted : 5/29/2009 4:27:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:

Yes, www.Shaman-australis.com, they have many species of Psychotria (including two types of viridis), ask for "true" viridis. They also have Iboga and Khat and many other rare plants. They ship to the U.S.

Apperently they are out of p.viridis seeds and only have plants which they dont export. I see basement shaman and some of the more "well Known" ethnobotanical vendors have them but i would like to deal with someone that specializes specifically in seeds but mabey that doesn't matter. any thoughts?
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

'Coatl
#63 Posted : 5/29/2009 4:54:41 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Growing from seed will work fine, but I don't suggest buying plants unless you know it is "true" viridis, often people sale other species (whether they know it or not).

They ship to U.S., trust me.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

Saidin
#64 Posted : 5/29/2009 5:04:44 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

I don't because every living thing I've ever tried to grow dies...I won't be guilty of planticide again!
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Kannamate
#65 Posted : 5/29/2009 6:00:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well I see there's one on ebay that lives in florida that sells mimosa seeds. You should grow your own caapi too floridas perfect for it multiple people sell plants on ebay I found one sells mimosa hostilis plants too.

burnt
#66 Posted : 5/29/2009 8:19:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Anyone ever try growing syrian rue? SWIM planted some in sandy soil but nothing is happening. Do they need to be germinated specially?

SWIM tried growing p viridis from seed once and got it to germinate and put out two leaves. But it never did anything more it just sat there and eventually died after a few months. SWIM tried lots of things to make it happy like a bit more humidity but nothing worked. Maybe a cutting is better to start with?

Garulfo
#67 Posted : 5/29/2009 1:00:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is trying to grow viridis from seeds... even no germination after 3 weeks in water. Any trick ?

โ—‹
#68 Posted : 5/29/2009 1:11:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Bancopuma wrote:
That's one of the cool other things about the fungus, as well as taking up very little space, you can be tasting the fruits of your labour in weeks as oppose to many months/years...and Copelandia store very well (taking up VERY little space when dried) without losing any potency for when opportunities present themeslves.

Yessss!!
Fungi are the best! Thats what SWIM mainly works with now. A few salvia plants, but SWIM likes his fungi!

Low cost to set up a "NICE" DIY fruiting chamber.

Incubation can be done in a room that maintains 75 deg; give or take a few degrees.

The only part that takes a little extra precaution is pressure cooking the jars or bags. Then having a clean/sterile method of injection.

Theres a few things i left out. But all in all fungi rock!!

SWIM has had nothing short of great yields doing jars n' casings. And you are definitely rewarded with the fruits of your labor!!

....Get it!?....."Fruits" of your labor Smile

Ok i'll stop...

burnt
#69 Posted : 5/29/2009 6:05:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Certainly is a fun hobby. Tip use pasteurized straw.

โ—‹
#70 Posted : 5/30/2009 1:31:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

burnt wrote:
^^Certainly is a fun hobby. Tip use pasteurized straw.

Haha thats kind of funny. SWIM was planning on using that after his coco coir/verm casings are finished.

SWIMs heard alot of good things about poo/straw mix.

Dwhitty76
#71 Posted : 5/30/2009 3:07:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kannamate wrote:
well I see there's one on ebay that lives in florida that sells mimosa seeds. You should grow your own caapi too floridas perfect for it multiple people sell plants on ebay I found one sells mimosa hostilis plants too.

Thanks for the heads up Kannamate !!

I think a little caapi along w/ p.viridis & mimosa trees are just the types of things to spruce up this preserve. No one walks out there (the preserve) it's just some land that the county wont let anyone develop on. Infact, if it works out well.....there are a bunch of preserves or state parks that i would be willing to contribute to it's eco/bio diversity.Sounds kinda like a fun little project that won't take up too much time or money. I like this.

This thread has definately planted a seed of inspiration in me.

I also think a few cacti would be a nice addition to my apartment.

I would love to have a "fungi kit" (it would definately bring some near term gratification), unfortunately i need a little more closet space.

Very good thread !!
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

DreaMT
#72 Posted : 6/4/2009 12:42:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Anyone ever try growing syrian rue? SWIM planted some in sandy soil but nothing is happening. Do they need to be germinated specially?

The most important consideration here is to obtain viable seeds. Perhaps the best way to do this is to get a small amount of seed from a few different sources and test them for germination. Seeds can remain viable for at least a few years.

Soak seeds in room temp water for several hours, then sow in a relatively fast-drying situation. Water and cover with humidity dome until germination occurs, which could be around 3 days to a week or more at 80degF. It is a misconception that Peganum harmala seed will easily succomb to damping off. Of course, the humidity dome can be removed after germination, and the seedlings exposed to dry, sunny, warm conditions. Poor clay soil works fine, so no need to buy special mixes or fertilize.

'Coatl
#73 Posted : 9/19/2009 1:17:22 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I can get Mimosa plants!

#74 Posted : 9/19/2009 3:10:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This threads what I'm all about. I got mass amounts of san pedro, achuma, yote, two ariocarpus, aztekium ritteri, astrophytum asterias and some other interesting cacti all growing. I got a bhut jolokia, salvia, a ginkgo seedling, a few baby mimosas and a constant mushroom grow setup. I'm going to start growing an iboga, sassafras, salvia, and hopefully some specials hollys like guayusa for the future when I get my own pad. I have all these plants in my room in perfect harmony with all my electronics and what not. It is excellent. Everyone should at least grow a loph, they're such little suckers you can't possibly say you have no room for one

jamie
#75 Posted : 9/19/2009 3:20:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

wish I had some good DMT source plants growing..I have some phalaris but I want something with a clean profile like mimosa..

I do have 6 fairly large salvia plants, 1 big torch, some morning glories and a big coleus blumei..trying to germinate some cebil seeds but they never survive after germination and planting..

Mushrooms are a goal for me as well..I have most of my old kit and grow book..just need to get some spores and a pressure cooker.
Long live the unwoke.

Dorge
#76 Posted : 9/19/2009 3:22:57 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

yo 1992 rockin the kill rockstars label huh? word up oly wa... lol
good selection of plantas...
swims got achuma... and is surrounded by blue mycorizhea...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

soulfood
#77 Posted : 9/19/2009 3:50:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

At the moment I have 1 bridgesei, 1 pachanoi, 1 peruvianus (possibly as cuzco) and a peyote. I have a good few IcarosDNA seeds waiting to germinate as well. No luck so far, but patience and all that.

Dimitrius
#78 Posted : 9/19/2009 12:17:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Because SWIM hasn't the place to grow them.

She says she has the seeds of Mimosa tenuiflora, Desmanthus illinoinsis and Acacia Obtusifolia, but no place to let them grow. Sad

She owns some land in a forest and was planning to let them be there, but wasn't able to make that happen this season. Maybe next season.

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

'Coatl
#79 Posted : 9/23/2009 10:56:38 PM

Teotzlcoatl

There are many N,N-DMT plants which can be grown outdoors in North America and Europe! If you have no land of your own then plant them in parks and on any usable land you can find!

rahlii
#80 Posted : 9/24/2009 10:53:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got a a few vines and chacruna plants growing. Got them to a usable size in under 2 years. I do live in the tropics though. Also got a mimosa growing. Around 5m high in under 2 years and producing seed. Please don't plant mimosa in a wilderness area as these plants have a scary weed potential. Vine could become a weed too but the seed don't form very often and isn't viable for very long. Chacruna doesn't have a very high weed potential in my opinion. Please consider the weed potential of these plants before wildcrafting them as you could create a monster that makes you feel bad not good and that would be beside the point of planting them.
From where is the noise?

«PREV2345NEXT