We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Found These Options

smokerx
#1 Posted : 11/27/2011 11:46:17 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Hi, I found these yesterday. I think they are liberty caps but want to make sure. Can you help me to identify them?

Also how much would be a dose using dried or fresh MM ?

Hope I am not braking any rule by posting this if yes then just delete it please.
smokerx attached the following image(s):
IMAG0613.jpg (1,038kb) downloaded 115 time(s).
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

cjames
#2 Posted : 11/27/2011 12:06:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The 2nd on left definitely libs but the others are hard to tell as they are semi dried. Did you take a spore print?
If no mycologists on here then maybe ask on the 'other' forum that has plenty of them Pleased
As for dose, I took 50 the other week, ground up and simmered in lemon juice. Was a nice mellow trip. Someone on here mentioned the lemon juice saying it converts the Psilocybin to Psilocin Smile

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 11/27/2011 12:38:17 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

They are all liberty caps;

20 liberties are roughly 1 gram dried and they are approx as strong as 2 grams of dried cubensis

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

smokerx
#4 Posted : 11/27/2011 5:00:32 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Thank you for the info I am glad that I found some. Now I know where to go to get more Smile

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

Ice House
#5 Posted : 11/27/2011 8:06:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Man They look so very close, IMHO I would NEVER give a mushroom such as Ps semilanceatta a positive ID based on a foto of a couple dry or semi dry specimens. There are too many LBM look alikes. I would love to see a photo of a fresh specimen or a photo of more dry specimens before I would say yes they are, Thats just me.

Though one or two of them look good, I dont see one in there that jumps out to me and says absolutely positively.

A spore print would be a great way to get a positive ID.

Better safe than suffering from irreversable liver damage.

Do you by any chance have a pic of a fresh specimine?

I dont mean to be pessimistic I just like to be extra cautious.

IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

tony
#6 Posted : 11/28/2011 12:20:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the times i have went picking liberty caps i would have id'd those in the picture as 100% positively libs. i've never seen any mushrooms (in scotland) that look close enough to liberty caps for there to be a false id. there was one type of mushroom that looked kinda similar but without the nipple, it was rounded at the top and didn't have as dark an underside as lc's.. and after some googling the imposters turned out to be edible anyway (if i remember correctly). don't know what grows where you are so if unsure it's best to be careful... but i would personally take the shrooms in that pic though, without any hesitation.
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

smokerx
#7 Posted : 11/28/2011 12:30:49 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

I do not have a picture where they are fresh. these were all found on one place I mean like few mm, cm from each other like one beautiful family Smile there were more of them but the rest of them were rotten (did not look good)

I only took these to post here for identification. now I know they are LC I will go there again to try to find more.

Ice House
#8 Posted : 11/28/2011 2:14:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

PhOG wrote:
the times i have went picking liberty caps i would have id'd those in the picture as 100% positively libs. i've never seen any mushrooms (in scotland) that look close enough to liberty caps for there to be a false id. there was one type of mushroom that looked kinda similar but without the nipple, it was rounded at the top and didn't have as dark an underside as lc's.. and after some googling the imposters turned out to be edible anyway (if i remember correctly). don't know what grows where you are so if unsure it's best to be careful... but i would personally take the shrooms in that pic though, without any hesitation.

I agree with what you are saying to a point. I have never seen a mushroom that looks like a liberty cap until they start to dry out and shrivvle up.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.