We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi Twigs Dosage? Options

Pony On A Rainbow
#1 Posted : 11/27/2011 10:38:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My dog for some reason got entangled with my mother plant. I saw it in his face that he was confused to why he went there in the first place. Long story short, he snapped a couple from the base. I've been growing this plant(from seed) for almost 2 years now and most of the twigs are half a cm thick. I decided to propagate most of the vine and keep the rest. Fresh vine and leaves weighed about 225g.
I understand that 50g is a good dose for store bought caapi but i rekon that they come from way thicker vines.

Does anyone have any experience with home grown twigs and leaves? I am planning to take the caapi alone since this will be my first time.
Live and Let Live.
Humility Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ouro
#2 Posted : 11/27/2011 5:36:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good question! I wonder what the answer is myself. If I were in your position I would probably drink 100 g worth of twig tea and judge the potency roughly from the effects. Alternately, you could extract and weigh the result. I have heard several times that leaves are as potent as old vine by weight.

jamie
#3 Posted : 11/27/2011 5:40:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would drink 100g. I would not extract it..homegrown caapi I would jump at the chance to brew and drink. I hope mine are that big someday.
Long live the unwoke.

AluminumFoilRobots
#4 Posted : 11/27/2011 9:33:30 PM

gufyg

@ ouro: I have never heard this, caapi leaves being equipotent to vine before? Do you have a link to information on this, or is it purely heresay?

And for sure brew it.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

jamie
#5 Posted : 11/28/2011 1:48:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah they are about as potent as vine but contain no THH..I think they are all harmine. I have brewed with them..I usually throw a handful of leaves into my vine brews. Leaf brews are more emetic though it seems.
Long live the unwoke.

Pony On A Rainbow
#6 Posted : 11/28/2011 3:13:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm around 140 pounds and i'm lightweight when it comes to medicine. I'll start with 75g of vine and a bunch of leaves. Let's play guinea pig and try this out this coming weekend shall we?

I've read over the forum that i should expect nausea and probably purging. What else should i look for?
And should i fast for at least a whole day?
Live and Let Live.
Humility Smile

AluminumFoilRobots
#7 Posted : 11/28/2011 4:26:23 AM

gufyg

I usually snack on exclusively fruit the day of a journey. I have heard around the forums that 100% fasting is unnecessary and perhaps even reduces potency. I find some fruit in the tummy helps keep the plant oils and tannins and such from having such a debilitating effect on the gutz. I am a vegetarian/ basically vegan usually, so my diet usually never interferes with how strongly I purge. I would recommend not eating meat for a few days prior to the drinking. IMHO, of course.

Look forward to yr results!

EDIT: O and take it easy on cheese. I find cheese to really mess with my stomach's resistence to the brews emesis... could be totally psychological, but there you have it.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Parshvik Chintan
#8 Posted : 11/29/2011 10:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fasting is unnecessary, as is dieting.
having said that i recommend a natural fruit diet (though salads and such can be nice too), as aluminium mentioned.
fresh ginger (and iirc galangal as well) and cannabis are good aides in nausea suppressing, but don't get too concerned about not trying to purge; rather try and delay your purge until it becomes necessary.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!