We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this the place for me? Options

Eurydice
#1 Posted : 11/27/2011 3:19:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I am unsure if this is the forum for me, but I feel it comes much closer than certain other psychedelic forums I have encountered, so I hope it is.
My main issue with those other forums is that, while there ARE serious members, they get lost in the crowd of people who are just in it to "get messed up". Now, I don't judge these people; they are welcome to do whatever they like. It's just not my angle. My angle being threefold: Firstly, earnest exploration of consciousness, an all too poorly understood phenomenon. Second, I hope to (re)connect with mystical experiences of a spiritual nature I have had in the past, which were not induced by an extraneous substance, but rather by an intermittent sleep disorder I have. Third, I have certain psychological issues and ingrained negative patterns in my life which I hope the psychedelic experience may somehow help me to fully understand so that I may change them.

The cause of my uncertainty about this being the right forum stems from the fact that my chosen substance with which to do these things is not DMT, nor a classic psychedelic (at least not in the ordinary sense). The substance is 4-Aco-DMT. Like Psilocybin, which is a classic psychedelic, it metabolizes rapidly into Psilocin. That makes it both eligible for this forum and not, depending on how strictly the guidelines are to be interpreted.
There is little good experiential information about this substance. Some say it is like mushrooms but not quite. Others say it's more like DMT, especially at higher doses. Most seem to agree that it is gentler than the mushroom, but then again, perhaps pure lab grade psilocybin is as well. Nobody seems to know.

I am keeping a detailed journal of my experiments, which I will at some point want to make available to the public. Even though it is by nature bound to be riddled with subjectivity, my hope is that it will provide one more datapoint, so to speak, through which to understand the substance in a somewhat objective way.

So, am I in the right place?
I'd be happy to discuss and make any clarifications needed.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

oden
#2 Posted : 11/27/2011 6:14:03 AM

odin the one

i came here because i lost faith.. i only wanted to know something better.. i came to find understanding of the spirit molecule..to me it is sacred and a teacher and a healer.. the people here are very loving and have great wisdom and will help anyway they can..it called to me like nothing else.. im not sure if this place is right for you. but it changed my life in ways i cannot explain.i truly hope you find what your seeking.... check the wiki,ask in the chat room.but do your homework,come with an open and honest heart.. good luck with what you seek..p.s its not a just get high spot. this you will find out

corpus callosum
#3 Posted : 11/27/2011 6:30:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Hi Eurydice!Smile

Welcome to the Nexus.

Is this the forum for you?As you may have seen, we do have some threads relating to 4 Aco-DMT in the 'Other Psychoactives' subforum, but the main thrust of The Nexus is geared towards the 'classic' psychedelics.However, we also discuss many many other topics and issues here too, some of which may be of interest to you.

You are welcome to stay until you decide if its the right place for you, and who knows, our interest in DMT may even spark a desire to explore it within you.

I agree, the status of 4 Aco-DMT is a little woolly and I suppose it falls somewhere between a 'true' psychedelic and a RC, and for this reason the 'Other Psychoactives' section is most appropriate for related threads to reside.Those who join the Nexus and stay as active members are not seeking to get 'messed up' and other sites are much more suited to those who are of this persuasion.

Alternatively, a forum devoted to RCs exclusively may be more your cup of tea, but in either case you are welcome here.Wink
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Dream2Awaken
#4 Posted : 11/27/2011 6:42:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Also I would imagine in your journeys you will come across similar problems or issues you need help working out, or need guidance in, and this is definitely the place for that.

In the end though. The only person who knows if the Nexus is right for you, is you.
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"

Eurydice
#5 Posted : 11/27/2011 7:03:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
Hi Eurydice!Smile

Welcome to the Nexus.

Is this the forum for you?As you may have seen, we do have some threads relating to 4 Aco-DMT in the 'Other Psychoactives' subforum, but the main thrust of The Nexus is geared towards the 'classic' psychedelics.However, we also discuss many many other topics and issues here too, some of which may be of interest to you.

You are welcome to stay until you decide if its the right place for you, and who knows, our interest in DMT may even spark a desire to explore it within you.

I agree, the status of 4 Aco-DMT is a little woolly and I suppose it falls somewhere between a 'true' psychedelic and a RC, and for this reason the 'Other Psychoactives' section is most appropriate for related threads to reside.Those who join the Nexus and stay as active members are not seeking to get 'messed up' and other sites are much more suited to those who are of this persuasion.

Alternatively, a forum devoted to RCs exclusively may be more your cup of tea, but in either case you are welcome here.Wink

Oh, I do have the desire to explore DMT itself. Availability is the issue here. Of pretty much everything, which is why I'm coming from the RC angle.
I didn't notice that there is a thread for this particular RC. When I have anything to report, I will of course post it appropriately Smile
I have seen the RC forums, and while I did manage to glean a good bit of information, it involved sifting through a lot of noise. A great many reports involve several different psychedelics taken at once; a problem that also plagues Erowid. For example, when I'm looking for information on psilocin, I don't want to know what an experience on psilocin AND Ketamine AND Codeine AND Kratom is like Pleased
While what I'm undertaking is a spiritual journey, I do want to use the opportunity to produce a lasting document of various aspects of the experiences, ranging from the strictly pharmacological to the mystical.
So, thank you for the welcome Smile I think I'll stay, even if only for the mature tone, but I actually think it'll turn out to be a good fit.

Eurydice
#6 Posted : 11/27/2011 7:29:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Dream2Awaken wrote:
Also I would imagine in your journeys you will come across similar problems or issues you need help working out, or need guidance in, and this is definitely the place for that.

In the end though. The only person who knows if the Nexus is right for you, is you.

Yes, I'm sure many questions will crop up along the way.
I'm especially interested in finding things in common between my own experiences with this substance and the experiences of others on DMT and other psychedelics (particularly ones that contain the DMT structure like psilocin does). 'Mapping' this common ground, at least to some extent, could provide a valuable resource to others in the future.
Perhaps it's largely impossible to do, but I'll try anyway. Whatever the result, I will learn something Smile
From what I've read so far, there is quite a bit of common ground. Some reports even indicate that a sufficient dose of psilocin is very much like the DMT flash. Among others, Terence McKenna suggested this. I admit I am very influenced by him in my approach to this whole area.

Dream2Awaken
#7 Posted : 11/27/2011 7:37:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It would be interesting to read about the differences and similarities you come across.

I'm glad you decided to stay and I hope this place can help you as much as it has helped me.
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"