We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What time is it? Adventure Time! Options

onethousandk
#1 Posted : 11/27/2011 2:07:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From avatars alone I know that several people on this forum are Adventure Time fans. For those that aren't aware, it's a "children's cartoon" that comes on Cartoon Network in the US. For anyone that's watched a handful of episodes, however, it's pretty clear that the creators are digging at something much deeper. From one of my favorite episodes:

I wish I had grown up with cartoons that secretly feed me psychedelic references. A lot of what makes the show great requires an entire episode, but does anyone have other references to share?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

PrimateSphinx
#2 Posted : 11/27/2011 2:18:12 AM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

I've never watched adventure time but that is badass. good to know that the children of america are getting the knowledge of metaphysics and dmt at an early ageWink
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

Xemnas
#3 Posted : 11/27/2011 5:04:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Even aside from the blatant references to drugs (Mushroom castle, "Bufo" the toad, a character names "LSP", a part where they give a sugar cube to someone and they turned into a wizard, and many more), this show is actually pretty deep and fun to annalyze. It also has a unique sense of humour and a great art style. It's like Superjail for kids, only deeper. I love that there are shows like this being made for this generation, but sadly I can see it being cancelled sometime soon. Sad

DoctorMantus
#4 Posted : 11/27/2011 5:24:21 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

I Watched one episode of this and they are definitely hinting toward something.

that dog always looks like its tripping.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

DoctorMantus
#5 Posted : 11/27/2011 5:30:36 AM

I Love in the second video how he clearly says dimethyltryptamine releasing from the pineal gland.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

onethousandk
#6 Posted : 11/27/2011 5:36:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Xemnas wrote:
It also has a unique sense of humour and a great art style. It's like Superjail for kids, only deeper. I love that there are shows like this being made for this generation, but sadly I can see it being cancelled sometime soon. Sad

No way. They're already on season three. Not saying it will go on forever, but it's getting a good run.

Also, for any of those that aren't aware, the creators of the show have talked about how the from their perspective this is a child of the apocalypse that may be the last human alive among the rampant mutants. Knowing this makes several episodes dive a bit deeper, but it especially makes sense at the end of season two with the Litch King series.

Dream2Awaken
#7 Posted : 11/27/2011 6:27:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know a place to find full episodes online? I don't watch tv and have no reception for it hooked up.
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"

DoctorMantus
#8 Posted : 11/27/2011 7:32:16 AM

Here you go here is the whole series, enjoy

http://watchseries.eu/se..._time_with_finn_and_jake
โ€” Terence McKenna

Dream2Awaken
#9 Posted : 11/27/2011 7:42:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the link. I also found a lot of episodes through 4share
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"

DoctorMantus
#10 Posted : 11/27/2011 8:32:46 AM

well you dont download it directly there you hit the episode

and most of them not all will have a list of links, hit watch this link some work and some don't just gotta try different ones

then you get navigated you hit click here to play, navigated again then you gotta wait 5 sec to get the free stream.

it should be safe just gotta figure out all the re navigating, i watch a lot of tv off this site.
โ€” Terence McKenna

IwasAfractal
#11 Posted : 11/28/2011 3:56:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hahaha i love this show, yet never noticed the more hidden drug references. Theres a few outright one that it would take an experienced drug user to figure out. I always liked interpreting it as the life of 2 physconauts Finn and Jake and their psychedelic drug fueled adventures.

I never though of it till now, but they do have an entire episode based around machine elves. or gnomes.

Super Radical
#12 Posted : 11/28/2011 4:14:45 AM

Poop Giggle

this is like my favorite show ever.
I love the astral plane lol. Yeah i've always seen it the adventures of two friends tripping.

I can relate to this scene..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPu2Wq5QFHE
โ˜ 
There are some things.

IwasAfractal
#13 Posted : 11/28/2011 4:21:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hahah yeah i can relate alot of my drug fueled (and sober) adventures with my friends to this show.

I love this song! And the few bits they do to open the door of music or whatever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfnwRGCy0A4

RayOfLight
#14 Posted : 11/28/2011 9:01:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is my favorite cartoon, I was going to start a thread here about it but I was too lazy. I'm glad to see that some of you know about it. There are also a lot of hilarious references to dungeons and dragons witch I can also relate to. Adventure time Ftw !
โ€Ž"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

a1pha
#15 Posted : 11/29/2011 3:34:10 AM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

DoctorMantus wrote:
I Love in the second video how he clearly says dimethyltryptamine releasing from the pineal gland.

I thought you were joking or misinterpreted - but holy cow!! He CLEARLY said dimethyltryptamine releasing from the pineal gland.

Shocked

a1pha gives an A+ to the current subliminal messaging.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

tigerstrike92
#16 Posted : 11/29/2011 3:44:04 AM

Homo-divinorum

a1pha wrote:
DoctorMantus wrote:

I thought you were joking or misinterpreted - but holy cow!! He CLEARLY said dimethyltryptamine releasing from the pineal gland.

Shocked

a1pha gives an A+ to the current subliminal messaging.

Thats absolutely wonderfully fantastic! Thumbs up to cartoon network!
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Super Radical
#17 Posted : 12/9/2011 6:23:14 AM

Poop Giggle

I stayed up way too late the other night and did this.
Super Radical attached the following image(s):
IMG_0594.JPG (1,402kb) downloaded 78 time(s).
IMG_0595.JPG (1,325kb) downloaded 78 time(s).
โ˜ 
There are some things.

PrimateSphinx
#18 Posted : 12/9/2011 6:33:29 AM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

^adventure time bong=winSmile
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

soulthatcreates
#19 Posted : 12/9/2011 7:04:54 AM

simply beautiful

That's awesome! Bong Envy! Smile
This, what I'm experiencing now, is a whole new level of my being.

Shamasi Wiz
#20 Posted : 12/9/2011 7:07:55 AM

kissing stars, pissing lightning, dancing upside down

PrimateSphinx wrote:
^adventure time bong=winSmile

^Agreed. Well-played. On a side note, Rumpelstiltskin in the newest Shrek movie is definitely a prankster machine elf, and that movie has some very psychedelic elements.
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."

12NEXT