We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cheap source of Fumaric Acid (UK) wanted Options

geeg30
#1 Posted : 11/28/2008 12:43:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim is looking for a cheap source of Fumaric acid in the UK, swim feels that the £20-odd for 45g from health food shops is a bit too steep. Swim also noticed that the stuff from health food shops might actually be Fumaric acid esters (which is the stuff that might work for psoriasis as normal fumaric acid is metabolised) so unless the health foodies are conning people into buying something that doesn't work (Before anyone says it - I know that they do).

Where is the best and cheapest place to get some fumaric acid in the UK?
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Attention All Shipping
#2 Posted : 11/29/2008 4:34:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd be interested in knowing this too.

kemist
#3 Posted : 12/8/2008 11:11:24 AM

John

No venda in UK, fellas Crying or very sad
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

geeg30
#4 Posted : 12/8/2008 11:27:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A FOAF is getting some soon and will be selling 50g batches on ebay or such like - if anyones interested.

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 12/8/2008 11:46:44 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Very good to know, SWIM's FOAF is having a rush of psoriasis lately (seriously) so he will need some for medical purposes.

Should you sell at a good price, he will give it a try to soothe his horrible itching!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

geeg30
#6 Posted : 12/8/2008 12:10:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes a Psoriasis treatment, and its also apparently good for stopping malolactic fermentation in wine. But SWIMS FOAF's favourite is the use as a sour additive for sweets - the main reason for purchase Pleased

I believe the pricing will be around the £3 mark plus P&P. He just needs to find a decent method of packaging and thinks a ziplocks might come in handy.

69ron
#7 Posted : 12/8/2008 8:55:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it food grade or lab grade?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

geeg30
#8 Posted : 12/9/2008 12:10:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe it to be food grade 99.5% minimum

69ron
#9 Posted : 12/9/2008 8:09:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Food grade has little to do with the purity. It's rated more by what the impurities are. For example, you can have 99.9% ACS grade that is nearly pure but contains unhealthy impurities so it doesn't meet the food grade (FCC grade) standards. Food grade could be only 90% pure, but contain only edible things as the impurities.

For example food grade sodium carbonate might be 90% pure with sodium bicarbonate as the impurity, while ACS grade sodium carbonate might be 99.9% pure with lead as one of the contaminants. That amount of lead, although small, would make in unsuitable for use in food or drugs.

Most of the solvents people are using to extract DMT with are 99.9% pure ACS grade (often sold as technical grade but actually ACS grade), but still not food grade.

Food grade is often very cheap. ACS grade is very pricey, and technical grade is sometimes about the same price as food grade.

Another grade that’s of use is USP grade. These are highly pure and contain impurities that are considered safe for ingestion, similar to food grade, but often very expensive.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

geeg30
#10 Posted : 12/10/2008 1:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SO is food grade OK to use?

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 12/10/2008 1:26:20 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Should be; the one SWIM's FOAF is using for his psoriasis treatment is food grade and of unknown purity, but still does the job.

So... not too many worries about that

geeg30
#12 Posted : 12/10/2008 2:18:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So fumaric acid actually works for psoriasis? I thought it was just the esters that worked

Infundibulum
#13 Posted : 12/10/2008 2:34:15 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Slightly better than placebo for SWIM's friend of a friend. But this is how they are being marketed in health supplies stores.

With psoriasis being mostly a genetic condition, it is easy to see why fumaric acid may work for some people but not for others.

geeg30
#14 Posted : 12/13/2008 2:40:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What grades shouldn't SWIM use?

69ron
#15 Posted : 12/13/2008 4:14:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The healthiest are FCC (food grade) or USP (drug grade). All of the other forms are potentially toxic to ingest and cannot legally be used for food or drug purposes.

The next best thing is ACS grade. Lab or tech grade is the worst. You might get really sick ingesting lab or tech grade, or possibly even die from it. Tech or lab grade can legally contain extremely toxic impurities. ACS grade can too, but not as much as tech or lab grade.

geeg30
#16 Posted : 12/15/2008 1:22:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMS FOAF is still waiting on his delivery but noticed he could get technical grade from another source (cheaper) just incase his delivery never appears.

From the MSDS on technical grade he noticed that it can be used for animal feeds and the manufacture of Mono sodium fumarate and ferrous fumarate (both used in edible things), plus the impurity levels are very similar to food grade.

Does anyone think this would be safe for making fumarates specifically for freebasing or even for ingesting with MAOI??

geeg30
#17 Posted : 12/20/2008 6:37:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FOAF now has his Fumaric acid (food grade) and is preparing to put it up on ebay UK this weekend. Or maybe he should wait until after Xmas - I will need to ask him.

SWIM can finally get some extraction experiments on the go - he has some chali, mimosa and loads of rue.

Happy days are nearly here.

appelseen
#18 Posted : 3/26/2009 10:19:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Anyone found an european source of fumaric acid yet? It is really a problem to not have access to it over here. I want my bufotenine! Crying or very sad

One could use citric acid...
PLEASE NOTE: Contents of this post belong to an ongoing hypermedia performance project that spans across different media, including Internet message boards. All incidents, situations, institutions, governments and people are fictional and any similarity, without satiric intent, of characters or person s living or dead, is strictly coincidental.

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 3/26/2009 10:22:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

supersmart got some, but it's pretty expensive.