We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lucid Dreaming. Options

sillysyban
#1 Posted : 3/2/2007 3:48:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey good people, Do any of you guys and girls have lucid dreams (When you know your dreaming and can control the dreamstate) I know a fair few people who enjoy tripping, and the people who do seem to be more prone to lucid dreaming. I am wondering if there is a connection there? I have been lucid dreaming on and off since I was about 16 but have not had one for about a year and I usually only can do it when I think about them during the waking hours. Two days after having my first DMT experience I spontaneously had the most intense and awesome lucid dream of my life where I was in complete control of my environment and could fly and change and move things with my mind. This dream lasted a long time which for me is not that common to stay lucid for that long. Coincindence or not? Although I havent broken through on DMT yet I hope to soon and I am thinking that navigating the dream states woiuld be good training for navigating the Altered states DMT brings. Care to share your thoughts?
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Doerak
#2 Posted : 3/2/2007 8:43:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I really think there is a connection. Before I used any drugs (I'm mostly into psychedelics and ethnobotanicals) I only had lucid dreams (no control, though) a few times a year. After I started using magic mushrooms and some powerful smart drugs, I started to have dreams several times a week. I have never had control over my lucid dreams, though. That's why I'm pretty eager to try out some ethnobotanicals that should allow one to gain control over a lucid dream. Examples of these herbs are "Calea zacatechichi" (dream herb), "Silene capensis" (african dream root) and "Entada rheedii" (african dream herb). These are legal easily obtainable herbs.

litrium
#3 Posted : 3/2/2007 1:27:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. This DMT report sort of points in the same direction: I have never had the intention of having lucid dreams, they started happening after experimenting with smoked DMT. During the DMT trance I like to try and see as much detail in the visions as I can, watching the unfolding of patterns, flowing colours, this sort of thing. Then one night during sleep, my dream state was flowing normally, for reasons unknown I knew I was dreaming all of a sudden. All I could think of to do was to see what the material dreams where made of looked like. So with no remorse I grab the head of a character in my dream, an old man sitting at a table, I focused all of my attention looking into his face, trying to see in detail what his face was made of. He gave me a look of compassion before his face turned into a fractal looking goo that kept morphing. Upon seeing this I realized that this always moving dream substance was almost identical to the way DMT makes 3 dimensional matter look like. In fact, at the moment I realized I was dreaming I experienced the same 'rush' that smoking DMT gives. Having the courage to enjoy DMT visuals gives me more strength in the dream world to hold it intact. Once I can stablize the 'stuff' dreams are made of, its seems as thou I can experience whatever I can think of. I have found myself eating dream food and even tasting it. One thing I did notice though, was that almost everytime I have a lucid dream, right before the transition from normal dreaming to lucid dreaming takes place, somthing that seems impossible takes place in the normal dream that will make me question my reality. Its almost as thou somthing is sent to wake me up inside the dream, then the fun starts! hope this helps somone!

zhah
#4 Posted : 3/2/2007 4:21:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:275abd4fd5="sillysyban"]Hey good people, Do any of you guys and girls have lucid dreams (When you know your dreaming and can control the dreamstate) I know a fair few people who enjoy tripping, and the people who do seem to be more prone to lucid dreaming. I am wondering if there is a connection there?[/quote:275abd4fd5] I had my first lucid dream spontaneously when I was about 23 before I had ever tried any psychoactives aside from the socially sanctioned alcohol, nicotine, caffeine (however it just occurs to me that this might have been shortly after my first encounter with cannabis...) I didn't have another one for years until after my first encounters with psilocybin mushrooms, after which I started having intermittent lucid dreams. I currently have about 3-8 lucid dreams a year, mostly when I've been thinking about it during the day, just as you report. Control is usually very poor. I'm sure the frequency could be increased just by regularly thinking about it during the day, just as is recommended in most books about it. There is some interesting literature about the connections between lucid dreaming and other altered states of consciousness (like obe's and nde's) including a new paradigm on consciousness by Donald DeGracia, who's an (assistant?) prof. of psychology at Wayne State University. Checkout http://www.geocities.com/ddegraci/ especially http://www.geocities.com/octanolboy/paradigms.pdf http://www.geocities.com/octanolboy/Dreams_GWS.pdf He also offers a free e-book on techniques to achieve lucid dreaming/astral projection (which in his model is the same thing): http://www.geocities.com/octanolboy/do_obe.pdf http://www.geocities.com/octanolboy/do_obe.zip see ya' in hyperspace... -z
What if it really [i:92fda18de4]is[/i:92fda18de4] all about the Hokey-Pokey?

Garulfo
#5 Posted : 3/2/2007 11:05:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interresting topic. I wonder since I had read Strassman book if DMT would affect my LD in a way or another. Answer soon I hope. [quote:ee2f6346fc]somthing that seems impossible takes place in the normal dream that will make me question my reality[/quote:ee2f6346fc] This is a very important issue for all Lucid dreamers. In my opinion, this is because 'you' (the self dreamer) become more conscious than you can notice strange things in dream. People ususally think the opposite way, and therefore follow technics that are supposed to help ones to notice strange things in dream. But since a while, I think it is not enough and that the brain needs some special 'food' to build/show that incredible realm of LDs. Could DMT be such power supply for rich LDreaming ? Hmmm... can't wait Smile

sillysyban
#6 Posted : 3/3/2007 5:13:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some interesting points, I am glad that there does seem to be a connection somehow. Maybe people who enjoy psychedelics are more interested in the way thier mind works. I know I taught myself to lucid dream regulary by during the day asking myself if I was dreaming and during the day if something out of the ordinary happened asking myself then aswell. Dont ask casually, really stop and think about the answer, look around and test it. I sort of dropped off a couple of years ago and hadnt had one for about a year until the other night. Doerak, if you want control in your dream stop and concentrate on something like a picture or your hands. This will bring the dream more sharply into focus and you should be able to to what you want. I usually have good control and can levitate and morph things, fly and close my eyes in the dream and reopen them to change location (not always), but what struck me in the last one was the length of the lucidity in the dream. Another thing that helps for regular LD's is a dream diary. Dream recall is king. Thanks for all your responses people, keep em coming.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.