We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
tips for my first "traditional" brew? Options

AluminumFoilRobots
#1 Posted : 11/25/2011 8:20:57 PM

gufyg

I recently obtained 500 grams of psychotria viridis leaves and am wondering if there is anything special about cooking this leaf. I also have ~800 grams cielo ayahuasca.

I have made ~30 brews so far, using MHRB/harmel, chaliponga/harmel and both admixtures with caapi. I have been a little less successful cooking vine, but will give it another go!

I know the dosage for psychotria is around 50 grams, and I have usually been less than successful using caapi at 50 grams, and was thinking of upping the dose to 75-100 grams. However, I recently read that cielo vine is particularly strong, so perhaps 50 grams will be sufficient?

I guess my main question is this: should I do anything different for chacruna than what I do for chaliponga, other than the 5-fold dose increase?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

drishti
#2 Posted : 12/3/2011 1:13:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AluminumFoilRobots wrote:
I recently obtained 500 grams of psychotria viridis leaves and am wondering if there is anything special about cooking this leaf. I also have ~800 grams cielo ayahuasca.

I have made ~30 brews so far, using MHRB/harmel, chaliponga/harmel and both admixtures with caapi. I have been a little less successful cooking vine, but will give it another go!

I know the dosage for psychotria is around 50 grams, and I have usually been less than successful using caapi at 50 grams, and was thinking of upping the dose to 75-100 grams. However, I recently read that cielo vine is particularly strong, so perhaps 50 grams will be sufficient?

I guess my main question is this: should I do anything different for chacruna than what I do for chaliponga, other than the 5-fold dose increase?

Hi! Did you succeed to brew your plants? Here's my experience with the classic ayauasca: as far as the caapi is concerned, I've tried on several occasions cielo, black, white and red (from Hawaii, it's said to be from McKenna's garden)and found that black caapi is the strongest, red was the weekest on all occasions. In my opinion, you could definitely go for 100 grams of the cielo caapi. You could brew 50-60 grams of chacruna, the same method as with the chaliponga. If you're into a more potent brew, and you have some chali, try mixing the chacruna with the chaliponga (50% chali, 50% chacruna leaves) and brew them as you usually do. I found that this way you'll have really long lasting and very vivid visuals, a very deep journey. Expect to vomit more during the first hours, if you usually feel nausea.
Wish you a wonderful journey!

AluminumFoilRobots
#3 Posted : 12/3/2011 5:41:59 PM

gufyg

I have brewed and reduced the chacruna, noticing the smell of which to be in fact pleasant and the most tea-like of any ayahuasca admixture/analogue I've ever cooked! I did 4x30 minutes, the 4th just to see what it would look like (75% clear with what appears to be a substantial amount of oils compared to the first ones... I haven't yet cooked the cielo vine, as I was thinking I might do an experiment with a White Caapi tincture that supposedly contains 125 mg mixed caapi alkaloids, supplemented with 75-125 mg harmine HCl as my MAOI. However, I have been back and forth on this and may just go ahead and cook the ayahuasca...

I hadn't thought of mixing the chacruna and the chagropanga, but that actually sounds like more my style of brew (heavy MAOI is needed for me, e.g. minimum 4 grams harmel, and strong tryptamine source). However, I'll save that for once I get to know chacruna. I think I go with 100 grams of vine...

p.s. I have had that "Mckenna red vine" and found it similarly weak on all occasions, along with all the other caapi from that vendor (I think it was the same vendor). Actually, the only caapi I got to work right from them was the Yellow vine, but had to re-dose at least once for sufficient inhibition at 75 grams...
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

AluminumFoilRobots
#4 Posted : 12/7/2011 7:54:53 AM

gufyg

So the chacruna turned out to be everything I had imagined: My wife's brother and I in 3 sittings split the entire 250 grams that I had cooked, split probably 60/40 me/him. I used the harmine HCl as my MAOI, he used ground harmala as well as a moderate booster of harmine about 4 hours into it for both of us. I found the chacruna to be pleasantly mild, certainly less mental wishy-washyness as either chaliponga or jurema; yet I found it somewhat lacking in the visual arena (I like lots of tryptamine source in my brews...). It has less "pop" than jurema, certainly. This could also be due to taking the brew in 3 sittings over 4 1/2 hours, which I have noticed diminishes the visuals while increasing duration (duh).

I liked it, though! It was a great introduction to the whole aya/anaHoasca game for my wife's brother, he was the first person that I have dispensed the magic on (besides his sister!) to have not kinda lose it. I felt wonderful throughout, a deep energetic buzz was with me the whole night, even up to now. Also, at one point the plants were really SHOWING me how NOT REAL time is and HOW BIZARRE clocks are...!

This was (peruvian) Psychotria viridis, btw. Am currently weighing benefits of a) increasing the dose to *125* grams, all at once Or b) mixing in 5 grams chaliponga per 50 grams chacruna. I'm leaning towards just upping the dose? or perhaps the chali... I just don't know!
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

rOm
#5 Posted : 12/7/2011 9:05:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think mixing low dose (as 5grams) chaliponga is highly beneficial. Also you can throw like one gram of psilocybe cubensis if you like a good trytamine blend.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

rOm
#6 Posted : 12/7/2011 9:06:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And also, for more visuals, you can always take your pipe and smoalk moar n,n-dmt !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

AluminumFoilRobots
#7 Posted : 12/8/2011 7:30:10 AM

gufyg

I was thinking that the chaliponga would be nice, and may still do so - but the psilocybe option actually came up during the experience and it seemed like they would go wonderfully together. I feel chaliponga could kinda spoil chacruna's gentleness and warmth in favor of the being mentally twisted, with more visuals; I am in no way opposed to this - however I just think a relatively low dose of psilocybe (i.e. under 4 grams) would just go along with chacruna more harmoniously... will be doing either option this weekend.

As for smoalkin' sum moar - I have only just now, after 30 + however many brews I've made, with the three primary source-plants that are usually talked about, gotten to the point where I feel confident in dealing with the substance itself! However, I have been reading up and I believe I have selected the TEK that I will use for my maiden voyage into the seas of home-extraction...!!!!!
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم