We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Salty food is bad Options

empire
#1 Posted : 11/25/2011 7:34:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been using salt on nearly all of my food for many years. But then I tried fasting for some days. At first to clean my body out of toxins. Thought it would be good and empowering. And it was. It also led me to improving my eating habits and also helping others to do the same when I started to sort out what's really good to eat and that the food has a really great impact on us all. Consuming lots of vegetables, fruits, seeds and berries every day made me slowly continue my rise from destructive behavior. Being more aware of my own power to feel better I've started to take cold showers in the mornings, long walks in the forest and other environments, feeling better and become more engaged in what's going on around me. Anyhow, today for the first time in a while I put salt in my soup. It seemed like a good idea to reward myself with the familiar taste of salt. But it tasted like nothingness to me. It cuts out the other tastes, the pure and good nutrient salts which is part of vegetables seems insufficient in compare to the strong table salt, and it leaves a redundant burn on the tongue. And now I'm sitting in front of a computer looking at what will be my presentation for this forum. I'm not so good at talking about myself, but I like to think a lot. Or at least that's what I do. Can't really stop it.

P.S. I found this forum trough a Google search on pregnant women inhaling DMT. ^.^

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

actualfactual
#2 Posted : 11/25/2011 7:42:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you interested in trying DMT?

empire
#3 Posted : 11/25/2011 9:11:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

actualfactual wrote:
Are you interested in trying DMT?

Yes. Later on. It wouldn't be suiting to do the extraction here. I live in a small apartment in a shared house (and also the kitchen fan is broken). But I will get to a better place to do that. I don't know much about DMT except that it's more intense than other hallucinogens and that the experience seem to last for a long time. I would definitely want to go trough a DMT-trip.

empire
#4 Posted : 11/25/2011 9:32:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a strong desire to live more in touch with nature which stops me from getting a job (I have money so it's alright for now, so also I don't need to), acting "nice" or playing to win. I play for others sake, I care about the people I meet. I don't see myself or my intellect as better than other's, but I often recognize certain parts of myself in other beings which makes me feel more at ease. I don't understand people in general, but I can often see where their desires come from. I know there's good will in humans and that the environmental destruction has to stop. Unfortunately we're often fooled to act selfish and irresponsible. My view on humans can be called sad or stupid but at least I'm not trying to win for the sake of my ego. I learn from my mistakes and take the hard part instead of the ignorant as often as possible.

Do you guys think I am ready for trying DMT?

Hyperspace Fool
#5 Posted : 11/25/2011 11:22:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

empire wrote:
I don't know much about DMT except that it's more intense than other hallucinogens and that the experience seem to last for a long time. I would definitely want to go trough a DMT-trip.

More intense... yeah.

Last for a long time? Not at all. Smoking DMT lasts like 5-15 minutes... one of the shortest hallucinogenic experiences out there. Though if you get enough of it, a minute can stretch out into an eternity, so actual time becomes an unimportant consideration.

You could consume it with an MAO inhibitor (ayahuasca), and have a 6-8 hour experience, but there are plenty of longer trips out there tbh. LSD can last 2-4x as long.

Perhaps you should do some more research and avail yourself of the huge amount of info here before making up your mind if it is for you or not. Don't get me wrong... there are few things you can do in this world that are more astonishing, eye opening, and potentially transformative. It is more that this is some seriously heavy juju, and should not be approached on a whim or without the proper respect.

While nearly everyone could probably profit from a spice journey, most people might soil their undies if they didn't know what to expect. DMT is not really an hallucinogen actually. It is a first class ticket on a space ship to the 7th dimension... complete with alien abduction scenario or angelic encounters as your preference dictates.

Be well bro. You've got me thinking with your salt story. Perhaps I will think about giving it up fof few days. Of course, not all salts are equal, and there are far worse things in our modern diets.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

empire
#6 Posted : 11/25/2011 11:51:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
empire wrote:
I don't know much about DMT except that it's more intense than other hallucinogens and that the experience seem to last for a long time. I would definitely want to go trough a DMT-trip.

More intense... yeah.

Last for a long time? Not at all. Smoking DMT lasts like 5-15 minutes... one of the shortest hallucinogenic experiences out there. Though if you get enough of it, a minute can stretch out into an eternity, so actual time becomes an unimportant consideration.

You could consume it with an MAO inhibitor (ayahuasca), and have a 6-8 hour experience, but there are plenty of longer trips out there tbh. LSD can last 2-4x as long.

Perhaps you should do some more research and avail yourself of the huge amount of info here before making up your mind if it is for you or not. Don't get me wrong... there are few things you can do in this world that are more astonishing, eye opening, and potentially transformative. It is more that this is some seriously heavy juju, and should not be approached on a whim or without the proper respect.

While nearly everyone could probably profit from a spice journey, most people might soil their undies if they didn't know what to expect. DMT is not really an hallucinogen actually. It is a first class ticket on a space ship to the 7th dimension... complete with alien abduction scenario or angelic encounters as your preference dictates.

Be well bro. You've got me thinking with your salt story. Perhaps I will think about giving it up fof few days. Of course, not all salts are equal, and there are far worse things in our modern diets.

Ah I meant that the experience could feel like it's lasting for a long time, not actual being a long time here on earth. I have used LSD and other hallucinogens for 2-3 years and I feel like those trip have given me all they can and... hmm how can I put this... It feels to weak now. It doesn't do much to me any longer. I have a big respect and carefulness/awareness towards tripping in all forms and know it's something that changes the user and that it's best to approach it with respect. I've been in eternity on hallucinogens, in heaven and hell, in space, I'm just not very proud of it since it's something very mind blowing and personal. I like thrills, I'm tired of living when nothing really happens. I've been completely sober for the last months and fixed my normal life so I feel OK in it, and now I feel eager to continue having psychedelic adventures. I've been doubting if it really is something for me for a long time lately getting more and more convinced that I should try it. At least a small dose. It's what tempt me most. I'm not 100% familiar with how the extraction goes yet, but I will get in to that more before I make the final decision.

This is different. I know that. I don't want to have any false expectations.

Salt are bad but you're right that there's worse stuff in food also. One should avoid shitty food as much as possible.

Thanks for the answers anyway. ^^

jamie
#7 Posted : 11/26/2011 12:17:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Saying "salt is bad for you" makes no sense because the way you are saying it lacks any context. If it were not for salt your body would not hold any water and you would not be you anymore..sodium is literally holding your body together. This is why too much salt causes water retention. Salt is an important mineral to have in the diet and without it you will die..end of story.

Too much of one vitamine is bad for you..too much water can kill you..too much sun and you will burn.

You need salt to live. So no, salt is not bad for you and some salt in the diet is good for you. Too much salt is bad for you.

I have done extensive juice feasts where I consume nothing but fresh veggie and fruit juices and spring water, no spices, extra salts etc for up to 10 days...and sure it is very cleansing but even these things contain salt. Make some celery juice, you will find it is naturally salty. You just are not going to get away from salt.

Even animals when depleted are known to seek out and lick salt rock deposits.
Long live the unwoke.

empire
#8 Posted : 11/26/2011 12:30:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
Saying "salt is bad for you" makes no sense because the way you are saying it lacks any context. If it were not for salt your body would not hold any water and you would not be you anymore..sodium is literally holding your body together. This is why too much salt causes water retention. Salt is an important mineral to have in the diet and without it you will die..end of story.

Too much of one vitamine is bad for you..too much water can kill you..too much sun and you will burn.

You need salt to live. So no, salt is not bad for you and some salt in the diet is good for you. Too much salt is bad for you.

I have done extensive juice feasts where I consume nothing but fresh veggie and fruit juices and spring water, no spices, extra salts etc for up to 10 days...and sure it is very cleansing but even these things contain salt. Make some celery juice, you will find it is naturally salty. You just are not going to get away from salt.

I meant added salt... I don't see things that contain salts themselves as salty, that's just the way the way they naturally are. There's ofc nothing wrong with that kind of saltiness. As you say it's necessary but there's no reason to add extra salt except to follow a tradition.

It was not supposed to make sense... I just wanted to introduce myself without acting egocentric. Smile

jamie
#9 Posted : 11/26/2011 12:32:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"Do you guys think I am ready for trying DMT?"

I dunno, do you? Noone here knows you at all. You know you better than any of us. You are far better a judge in reguards to what you are ready for than any of us.
Long live the unwoke.

empire
#10 Posted : 11/26/2011 12:35:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:

I meant added salt... I don't see things that contain salts themselves as salty, that's just the way the way they naturally are. There's ofc nothing wrong with that kind of saltiness. As you say it's necessary but there's no reason to add extra salt except to follow a tradition. Most people today eat way too much salt I think... and junkfood.. So we get use to the salty taste and eat too much of it which is not good and the body can't handle those enormous masses. This is not everyone but it's common.

It was not supposed to make sense... I just wanted to introduce myself without acting egocentric. Smile

Since I've given up junkfood, added sugar, added salt, meat, milk, egg etc I feel more in touch with nature and it's very soothing.

jamie
#11 Posted : 11/26/2011 12:36:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

empire wrote:
jamie wrote:

I meant added salt... I don't see things that contain salts themselves as salty, that's just the way the way they naturally are. There's ofc nothing wrong with that kind of saltiness. As you say it's necessary but there's no reason to add extra salt except to follow a tradition.

yeah I was just saying..

I dont eat alot of salt...as a raw vegan I know what it is like to go long periods without any added salt..it is great for a while, but to be honest after a certain ammount of time I feel that the body requires some extra salt..indigenous or "wild" people as I like to call them(becasue they are essentailly wild where we are domesticated) have always eaten dirt and ingested other minerals, clay etc..rock salts are no different. I think it is a normal part of the diet. No it is not good to dump salt all over your food, but here and there a little pure rock salt or sea salt is not going to harm you and feels benificial to me.
Long live the unwoke.

empire
#12 Posted : 11/26/2011 12:43:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
empire wrote:
jamie wrote:

yeah I was just saying..

I dont eat alot of salt...as a raw vegan I know what it is like to go long periods without any added salt..it is great for a while, but to be honest after a certain ammount of time I feel that the body requires some extra salt..indigenous or "wild" people as I like to call them(becasue they are essentailly wild where we are domesticated) have always eaten dirt and ingested other minerals, clay etc..rock salts are no different. I think it is a normal part of the diet. No it is not good to dump salt all over your food, but here and there a little pure rock salt or sea salt is not going to harm you and feels benificial to me.

Okey. Seems reasonable. Embarrased

empire
#13 Posted : 11/26/2011 12:44:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
"Do you guys think I am ready for trying DMT?"

I dunno, do you? Noone here knows you at all. You know you better than any of us. You are far better a judge in reguards to what you are ready for than any of us.

Haha. I just felt like writing something that seemed "normal". Yes I think I'm ready. But first when the circumstances are.

benzyme
#14 Posted : 11/26/2011 1:01:01 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

empire wrote:
but there's no reason to add extra salt except to follow a tradition.

do you understand how ligand-receptor interactions work?
it has nothing to do with tradition, NaCl is a natural mineral whose dissociated ions are ligands which binds ionotropic receptors in neural cells.
that's like saying "we eat spicy peppers because it's a tradition"; it's just a ubiquitous practice, and a matter of taste, not to mention iodized salt is one of the very few sources of iodine (an essential mineral) people get in their diet.
furthermore, studies have shown a direct correlation between low salt diets and elevated levels of LDL, the "bad" cholesterol, and heart disease
http://besthealth.bmj.co...ws/661793/news-item.html
http://www.montrealgazet...Study/5751888/story.html

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

tele
#15 Posted : 11/26/2011 9:29:31 AM
Explorer

Of course too much of anything isn't good for one...

empire
#16 Posted : 11/26/2011 11:08:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
empire wrote:
but there's no reason to add extra salt except to follow a tradition.

do you understand how ligand-receptor interactions work?
it has nothing to do with tradition, NaCl is a natural mineral whose dissociated ions are ligands which binds ionotropic receptors in neural cells.
that's like saying "we eat spicy peppers because it's a tradition"; it's just a ubiquitous practice, and a matter of taste, not to mention iodized salt is one of the very few sources of iodine (an essential mineral) people get in their diet.
furthermore, studies have shown a direct correlation between low salt diets and elevated levels of LDL, the "bad" cholesterol, and heart disease
http://besthealth.bmj.co...ws/661793/news-item.html
http://www.montrealgazet...Study/5751888/story.html

It was used for conservation and we've gotten used to the taste of much salt. Much more than we can handle. This binds lots of water and can cause problems with joints when stored in the body's textures. People with rheumatism often eat lots of salt. But salt is not the only cause of problems and removing only salt from a diet that's bad in other ways might not be a good idea since diseases will still grow. I can see the points of the studies you refer to but I think the bad cholesterol should be avoided and hearth diseases do not occur in the first place when one's eating right.

obliguhl
#17 Posted : 11/26/2011 11:42:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Too much love is actually good for you <3

tony
#18 Posted : 11/27/2011 11:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:

Too much love is actually good for you <3

without trying to play semantic games with your nice sentiment i think that even love in excess is bad for you... by definition too much = too much. it's hard to see how anyone could have too much love though and i have no idea how the symptons of love overload would manifest themself Smile
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

benzyme
#19 Posted : 11/28/2011 1:34:48 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

empire wrote:
hearth diseases do not occur in the first place when one's eating right

that's not entirely the case either; some people are genetically predisposed to
certain ailments, and lack/excess of salt can exacerbate these conditions.
a good balance is best, avoiding certain foods altogether isn't always the best decision. your diet may be lacking some essential vitamins and minerals.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

gory dkalz
#20 Posted : 11/28/2011 1:39:49 AM

Donnie Michael Thomas

PhOG wrote:
it's hard to see how anyone could have too much love though and i have no idea how the symptons of love overload would manifest themself Smile

An annoying itching burning sensation in the genital area.
The Earth
It spins and shakes
It spits you out
It knows your name

I'm a pathological liar.

12NEXT