We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tattoo artist used DMT/cannabis to feed his imagination Options

actualfactual
#1 Posted : 11/25/2011 6:35:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
A BRISTOL tattoo artist boiled cannabis plants down to make butter, and also put a class A substance in his tea, claiming it "helped with his art".

Police raided Alex Stark's address in Oxford Street, Totterdown, and found six cannabis plants (like the one pictured here) growing in a tent in a bedroom, plus bags of cannabis and tree bark, used to make Class A drug dimethyltryptamine (DMT), in his freezer. They also found a bag of mushrooms, containing Class A drug psilocin, and a jar of DMT in the form of white powder.

After he and his girlfriend were arrested on June 20 Stark, 26, came clean and told police all the drugs belonged to him.

At Bristol Magistrates' Court yesterday Stark was ordered to complete 100 hours of unpaid work as part of a 12-month community order and told to pay £85 costs.

Andrea Edwards, prosecuting, said that Stark told police he was an "artistic individual" who worked as a tattoo artist.

"He said he had started taking drugs aged 13 and that they helped with his art," she said.

"He also said that he took an interest in plants and that he grew the cannabis for his own personal use so that he did not have to mix with 'dodgy individuals'.

"Stark said he smoked cannabis every day after work and would make cannabis butter by boiling down the plants. Regarding the tree bark that was found in his freezer, Stark told police he bought it off the internet believing it was a legal high and used it to make tea.

"He said he realised the powder was illegal but had been given the mushrooms by a friend and was not aware they contained a Class A drug."

Rebecca Weatherley, defending, said that Stark's set-up was "not sophisticated".

"These were plants he grew for his own use so that he didn't have to associate with drug dealers. The drug DMT is quite an unusual substance and he didn't realise it was illegal.

"He is self-employed and lives at a stable address. He is of previous good character apart from two drink-related offences from 2003.

"He tells me he has found the whole process of court 'scary' and that it has encouraged him to change his life."

source @ http://www.thisisbristol...950676-detail/story.html

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

InfiniteFacticity
#2 Posted : 11/25/2011 8:12:16 PM

just curious

Sounds like he handled it about as well as possible. Wonder why they raided his house...maybe something he had shipped there?

۩
#3 Posted : 11/25/2011 9:17:47 PM

InfiniteFacticity wrote:
Sounds like he handled it about as well as possible. Wonder why they raided his house...maybe something he had shipped there?

In some places even just having evidence of a 12/12 timer with enough electricity being used at a residence is enough for "Probable Cause" as far as I know.

tele
#4 Posted : 11/25/2011 9:28:43 PM
Explorer

DMT being illegal is the craziest sht on this planet. Yes, the craziest.

Purges
#5 Posted : 11/26/2011 8:36:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well that sort of puts my mind at ease a little bit, should I get raided, at least it ain't gonna be any more than a slap on the wrist... But honestly, if a guy wants to grow a few ganja plants and smoalk a little Dimethyl every now and then, what is the harm?!

And yes, Tele, i am inclined to agree with you on that.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

tele
#6 Posted : 11/26/2011 9:21:14 AM
Explorer

Purges wrote:
and smoalk a little Dimethyl every now and then, what is the harm?!

You are using the forbidden secret substance that can turn your life around for the loss of the politicians who create the law, so there is a harm... For the devil so to speak.Laughing

Purges
#7 Posted : 11/26/2011 9:43:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes there is a harm when you consider the douchebags who are restricting the flow of this glorious molecule. They do inflict considerable harm...
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Parshvik Chintan
#8 Posted : 11/28/2011 10:22:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ash wrote:
I think it should be illegal to sell DMT, just because it can get in too some people's hands that can't handle it. BUT, I don't think it should be illegal to extract it yourself for personal use. One day when the revolution is in full force, hopefully things will change. Lets do what the hippies failed to do.

we should have the government regulate the buying and selling of a substance, on the chance that many sellers are going to make bad judgement calls?
the only government that works is self-government.

how many experienced dmt users would sell it to someone who clearly is not ready?
now compare that with how many experienced dmt users would be imprisoned for selling dmt to someone who was ready..

just my two cents...

My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!