We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Looking at yourself in the mirror after a hit? Options

skid750
#1 Posted : 11/24/2011 2:40:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So a while ago I took a good look at my hands on my way into hyperspace and it was insaine. It was on a trip where I did not intend to go as far as I did. I wrote about that already so I won't go into it again.

Because of that I have always wondered what would happen if I looked at myself in the mirror right after a haul on the pipe, but I've been afraid to do it, until today. I started off with a small dose. There is no point going for a breakthrough with this cuz I don't want to lose the objective.

It was crazy, I hit the pipe and slowly peeked at the mirror, It was me, good... I stared at myself for a few seconds and Maori style tribal designs started to appear on my face, not as dark as if they were tattoo'd, but dark enough for me to see clearly. They morphed a little here and there, but were fairly consistant, and really amazing!

Not sure what to make of this. I will go for a bigger shot later and stare again. I hope the patterns come back!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ez
#2 Posted : 11/24/2011 3:23:00 AM

"Love is the medicine."

A good friend of mine told me to never look in the mirror when you're trippin. Somethings you can't un-see... I forget these words while on huasca and actually saw what appeared to be a woman on my chest. No definite features, but I could almost make out her face. After a few days it struck me that I was seeing my guardian. She is always with me and I saw her again a couple of days ago. I don't know if it's the dmt,but once I was on shrooms and what I saw in the mirror kind of freaked me out, where as with the huasca, the things I saw were similar to what you described as well.
(¯`'·.¸(♥)¸.·'´¯Pleased But suddenly you're ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you are alive and it is spectacular!

Xemnas
#3 Posted : 11/24/2011 5:43:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never had a bad experience when looking at myself in the mirror while tripping. I've done it on several different psychedelics and it was always awesome for me. Actually quite helpful. Although I can imagine why it might make the experience go south for some people.

DoctorMantus
#4 Posted : 11/24/2011 7:06:54 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

I hear that all over the place not to look in the mirror, i guess its preference.

I love looking in the mirror under, most of the time i have to stop myself from being in front of it for too long.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

DoctorMantus
#5 Posted : 11/24/2011 7:09:41 AM

What you should try is to take a hit of spice and look really close into the mirror like your face maybe 2 or 3 inches away from it, someone told me on this site that if you do that, you will come out of your body and be looking down at yourself.

Idk how much i believe it, but there is definitely room for it to be true i am not ruling that out, but give it a try and let us know how it goes.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

Awakened
#6 Posted : 11/24/2011 8:43:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM does this all the time. SWIM says

I look really peaceful and happy, it confirms how important I am to myself and the universre.

The first time SWIM did DMT he looked in the mirror right after a hit, it was like seeing my soul. Wonderful.

I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

Purges
#7 Posted : 11/24/2011 8:46:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I often have a good hard look in the mirror when tripping, its often a good chance for some introspection and also freaky visuals lol... I heard it was one of Shulgins rules not to look in the mirror while under the influence, I don't know why?
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

DoctorMantus
#8 Posted : 11/24/2011 8:48:53 AM

Purges wrote:
I often have a good hard look in the mirror when tripping, its often a good chance for some introspection and also freaky visuals lol... I heard it was one of Shulgins rules not to look in the mirror while under the influence, I don't know why?

Maybe because i have heard that a mirror could be considered as a Portal.
— Terence McKenna

Purges
#9 Posted : 11/24/2011 11:13:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Even more reason to ave a good hard look then Pleased
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

soulfood
#10 Posted : 11/24/2011 11:21:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I remember the first time I saw my hands on DMT. It scared the living bejesus out of me, so much that every time I tripped for the next month or so, I would sit on my hands after setting my pipe down.

I've gotten used to it now though. The only thing that sickens me now is the site of my hyper-penis. Looked kind of piggly!

Though I rarely trip naked Smile

PrimalWisdom
#11 Posted : 11/24/2011 11:24:38 AM

Everything the light touches

I try look in a mirror on all my trips. I’ve never anything that freaked me out, although I did look like someone completely different on acid once which kinda startled me.

The last time I looked at myself was on pharmausca and I must say it was amazing. I had a glow around me and I looked almost “God-like” There were gold wreath things around my head, they looked like shimmering olive leafs, and my aura was vibrating. I couldn’t pull myself away from the mirror I looked so awesome.

I never understood the whole “Don’t look in the mirror” thing, ime/imo if there’s anything terrifying staring back at you it might be time to confront those demons head-on.

Peace

PW
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

Awakened
#12 Posted : 11/24/2011 1:29:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Though I rarely trip naked Smile

SWIM sometimes likes to trip naked, it is part of the ritual of it all. Shower, shaving and being clean and fresh promote a healthy mind state.

SWIM then uses wool or fleece blankets to keep them warm while travelling.

I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

nexalizer
#13 Posted : 11/24/2011 2:41:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have looked some times on acid, altough not on very high doses. I guess what you'll see depends to some extent on your self esteem and generally what you think of yourself.

Once I was seeing my hands and arm growing old, I figured it out be a good time to check the mirror.. but then I chickened out.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

۩
#14 Posted : 11/24/2011 3:35:06 PM

Hands down the most beautiful thing I've ever seen are human beings after coming back from a breakthrough.

nexalizer
#15 Posted : 11/24/2011 4:00:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Hands down the most beautiful thing I've ever seen are human beings after coming back from a breakthrough.

True, true.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

skid750
#16 Posted : 11/24/2011 8:45:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did it again, same awesome tribal patterns.

Kinda like this, but more detailed up close with triangles and geometric shapes in the patterns. So amazing!

Mindlusion
#17 Posted : 11/24/2011 10:10:10 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

ive been meaning to try sitting in front of a large mirror and smoking a breakthrough dose. I am sure it would be terrifying.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#18 Posted : 11/25/2011 12:57:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Whenever I look at myself or another human I see a saurian transformation taking place. I usually turn my mental gaze towards the denizens of the ether before the human changes into dino-monster-being, but it does get close. I blame it on some internal trepidation re: the true manifestation of intelligence in our current shell vs what we assum humanity is.

In short; mirrors blow my fucking mind.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

dmtk2852
#19 Posted : 11/25/2011 3:07:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never looked in a mirror while on spice, but I've definitely looked at other people. They look like the weirdest things to me, for some reason I feel like spice dissociates your human-ness and makes you see people for what they actually look like. They are animals like any other. It's just strange. Faces look strange, and you get that strange ayahuasca-ancient feeling to it. Like maybe what shamans millenia ago saw when they looked at each other.

I would be interested in doing the mirror thing though.

skid750
#20 Posted : 11/28/2011 4:35:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I went for it again today, put a very small amount in the pipe, fired it down, and.... uh oh... this was a much bigger dose than I was planning. How is this even possible?

The whole bathroom started flipping and flopping all around me, i couldn't help but to start laughing nervously, you've got to be kidding me. Damn it Dimitri, you better put this place back to normal, how the hell am I going to explain this Laughing

I looked down at my hands and they were totally crazy, so I glanced at my face, surprisingly it wasn't as morphed out as my hands. It was still me.

When things started to settle down I got to focus on the tribal patterns again for a minute or two.

Seriously, what the hell just happened!

12NEXT