We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Starting a DMT related website... what to do? Options

ohayoco
#1 Posted : 11/27/2008 3:54:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Foaf would like to make a website for the Jurema Way (see http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=2670 ). He has some questions for anyone who has the internet know-how. He would be really grateful if anyone can help.

1. When creating a website, is the ISP of your computer recorded, such that your identity can be traced by authorities?

2. Apparently dot coms are within U.S. jurisdiction? What would be the best dot-something to use? .org, .net, .tk etc?

3. A Myspace would be easiest, because of the coding generators available for format and the fact that it's free. Is this advisable, or would it draw too much attention from kids, even if the logo and name as it would appear in Myspace searches were discrete? DotTK is free too but you have to know how to create a website.

4. Anyone know of a good guide to HTML? He wants it to look really good, not basic. Nothing flashy, just good. He can also get his hands on Flash if that's better.

5. General advice on the cheapest and easiest way to get an anonymous website up and running would also be appreciated.

The website will just be a short intro to the faith- members would still chat here, there are NO plans for a new forum and there never will be, it's too much work for a small heterarchical organisation (heterarchy meaning a formal structure, usually represented by a diagram of connected nodes, without any single permanent uppermost node, as opposed to a hierarchy where power is concentrated at the top. It's a mathematical and linguistic term- I'm not using the word in the sense of an 'alien government' nor a 'heterosexual government'... it's crazy to use a word with three meanings, does anyone know a better word for it?) Thanks.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 11/28/2008 6:39:01 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I REALLY need help with this as well...

Those are all great questions Ohayoco!

Maybe Yage.net can host us?

I'd like two sites... one for the Ethnobotanical Temple and one for my store.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

crakkbakk
#3 Posted : 11/28/2008 8:12:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I see one slight problem with having a temple website that connects to a store. If the store is related to ANYTHING that implies human consumption, can't the store be prosecuted? Maybe not for salvia, but for illegals like DMT and mescaline?

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 11/28/2008 10:23:24 PM

Teotzlcoatl

The store and the Temple would be totally seperate.

We would only sell legal botanicals including fruit plants as well as legal entheogens and other ethnobotanicals.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

crakkbakk
#5 Posted : 11/28/2008 10:58:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 11/28/2008 11:08:09 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Nope. The Temple would be one thing, the shop a whole other. I'd make sure the shop and temple had different addresses, as well as two totally different web sites.

The shop would only sell legal things, I must add.

Ohayoco I think we need multiple members in multiple countries around the world running our sites... once we get big enough, this one be a problem.

I'd like to see a chapter and Temple compound on every continent by 2012.

Go out! Find new members for both Temples/Churchs/Paths/Ways everybody!

I truly believe holding meetings and services is very important in being a real religion, and very important to the community as well. The large services and ceromonies don't need to contain currently illegal elements, but the small services held by members close to one another should.

ohayoco
#7 Posted : 11/29/2008 2:05:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Foaf just wants one simple and free (or virtually free) website to legitimise The Jurema Way. He's not interested in recruitment drives- he wants it to stay low profile, there should be enough members to legitimise it as a faith soon enough and that's all that matters. Preaching isn't The Jurema Way.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 11/29/2008 5:38:01 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I don't mind paying for my site. I'd like a really nice web-page.

Anybody got any tips? Suggestions?

ohayoco
#9 Posted : 12/12/2008 1:02:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

No tips? Myspace it is then! Sad

bltcRichie
#10 Posted : 12/12/2008 1:15:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

synthasite with a separate hosting url could be workable,
better living through change

we can either grow like the non-human beings around us, or try to stay the same just because we can.

posts are ment for entertainment only; and are highly suggested against taking seriously, seriously.

coz42
#11 Posted : 12/12/2008 6:54:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco wrote:
1. When creating a website, is the ISP of your computer recorded, such that your identity can be traced by authorities?

2. Apparently dot coms are within U.S. jurisdiction? What would be the best dot-something to use? .org, .net, .tk etc?

3. A Myspace would be easiest, because of the coding generators available for format and the fact that it's free. Is this advisable, or would it draw too much attention from kids, even if the logo and name as it would appear in Myspace searches were discrete? DotTK is free too but you have to know how to create a website.

4. Anyone know of a good guide to HTML? He wants it to look really good, not basic. Nothing flashy, just good. He can also get his hands on Flash if that's better.

5. General advice on the cheapest and easiest way to get an anonymous website up and running would also be appreciated.

1. If hosted by a private server, one needs not to worry about such a thing. Internet is 'supposed' to be private under webhost jurisdiction

2. Network your networking, i say .net(Really no difference

3. SWIM would not recommend DotTK Pleased

4. http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/ (I do have alternative sources for web design;

5. I was looking at yage's services and found that they do have great a great background. Seems almost too relevant for the most part Smile

If you're not really feeling up to the task, myspace will probably fit your fancy. intuitively
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

'Coatl
#12 Posted : 12/12/2008 9:15:20 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I was actually thinking of Yage too!

They look great!