We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mushroom Death Suit Options

Sublime
#1 Posted : 11/20/2011 8:51:48 PM

Intraterrestrial

Something I saw a news story about recently. Sounds out there, but its a pretty cool idea.

"The first prototype of the Infinity Burial Suit is a body suit embroidered with thread infused with mushroom spores. The embroidery pattern resembles the dendritic growth of mushroom mycelium. The Suit is accompanied by an Alternative Embalming Fluid, a liquid spore slurry, and Decompiculture Makeup, a two-part makeup consisting of a mixture of dry mineral makeup and dried mushroom spores and a separate liquid culture medium. Combining the two parts and applying them to the body activates the mushroom spores to develop and grow."

The Decompiculture Society promotes intimacy with and acceptance of the physical realities of decomposition as vehicles toward death acceptance. The Society seeks to advance knowledge and awareness of postmortem options through research, education, and decompiculture: the cultivation of organisms that assist in metabolic decay. Society members include funeral industry professionals, providers of green burial options, artists, designers, health-care workers, and curious individuals who seek to explore the relationship between human bodies and the environment from a secular perspective."

So the mushrooms will help the body decompose, because our bodies release harmful toxins into the atmosphere or earth. So that's really getting in touch with nature.

http://infinityburialproject.com/burial-suit
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

joedirt
#2 Posted : 11/20/2011 11:50:55 PM

Not I

This is profound.

It's the ultimate way to pay final respect to the teachers.

Time after time we take their life in hopes of ego dissolution.
Why not allow them to decompose us one last time...for real. Smile
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

DoctorMantus
#3 Posted : 11/21/2011 12:58:04 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

joedirt wrote:
This is profound.

It's the ultimate way to pay final respect to the teachers.

Time after time we take their life in hopes of ego dissolution.
Why not allow them to decompose us one last time...for real. Smile

Very True my friend i think i would let mushrooms decompose and feed off my body.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"