We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Noribogaine and DMT tolerance Options

ragabr
#1 Posted : 11/19/2011 5:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After her ibogaine flood, SWIM had no interest in other psychedelics for about a solid month. When she tried vaporizing DMT again, it took nearly twice her normal breakthrough dose to get anywhere, and it was still very difficult to breakthrough.

She later microdosed .5g of iboga rootbark four times a day for 23-days straight, at which point the stimulant effect became too strong and she took a break. For three weeks following that, she was unable to breakthrough at all, experiencing only the low dose dysmorphia and visual warping, no matter how much she dosed (and she went much higher than she would normally consider responsible, just to test this).

The exceptions were when she was on mushrooms or LSD, to which she experienced only a very little tolerance effect.

Also interesting, during the microdosing period, she did not develop the tolerance until the noribogaine levels became consciously notable, so about two weeks in. Harmalas actually felt stronger throughout the entire experiment.

Has anyone else had similar or contradicting experiences?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 11/19/2011 5:46:27 PM

I still haven't noticed DMT tolerance...but then again....I'm not using DMT like I used to...30mg insufflated is about as much as I do nowadays and it hits pretty hard. Nothing like a breakthrough, mind you.

However, I did notice psilocybe cyanescenes to potentiate ibogas effects by about 3x. Wonderful synergy there.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 11/19/2011 5:55:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I experienced the same tolerance effect. I think it lasted for at least 1.5 months.

Noribogaine is a powerfull substance and it can cause extremely powerfull interactions with all kind of substances, diminishing or increasing their effects depending on the substance.

Especially with harmala´s i would urge some caution. I think it can easily multiply the effects of harmala´s 2 or 3 times, when noribogaine levels in the blood are high enough.

ragabr
#4 Posted : 11/19/2011 8:43:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for kicking in. Very good to know about the mushroom potentiation.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

۩
#5 Posted : 11/19/2011 8:49:09 PM

50 micrograms of LSD the day after 1g of iboga feels very strong to me.

polytrip
#6 Posted : 11/20/2011 2:14:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
50 micrograms of LSD the day after 1g of iboga feels very strong to me.

I think that this is probably the LSD potentiating the noribogaine present in your bloodstream, instead of the noribogaine potentiating the LSD.

The mushroom potentiation definately worked for me as well. But i´ve also heard of negative experiences.

Iboga has a level of unpredictability. But it´s great stuff.

۩
#7 Posted : 11/20/2011 5:44:06 PM

^I really beg to differ. I mean I am no phmarmacologist by any means, but a 50 microgram dose isn't much, and it felt like at least 150-200. (I have had lab analysis done on the drops)
There was a definite synergy / potentiation that went both ways.

polytrip
#8 Posted : 11/20/2011 6:22:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, ibogaine is a mysterious compound. I´m not surprised that it doesn´t have the same effects for everybody.

polytrip
#9 Posted : 12/28/2011 3:25:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I would like to add that noribogaine, wich stays in your body for months, is a powerfull SSRI like prozac.

Therefore, taking MAOI´s within a month after having taken an iboga flood-dose can be very dangerous. This also aplies to ayahuasca.
Some people have done it and where fine, but i´ve also heard of people nearly dying after doing this. The risk is very real.

Serotonin-syndrome is something extremely unpleasant and especially when you´re tripping it´s pure and immense torture.

۩
#10 Posted : 12/28/2011 7:01:05 PM

Do you have any sources for that?

Vaping harmaline, or taking aya a few days after ibo, has been very smooth for me.

jamie
#11 Posted : 12/28/2011 7:03:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have looked for these reports as well and never found them to exist polytrip.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#12 Posted : 12/28/2011 7:24:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Someone told me that he nearly died from ayahuasca, shortly after an iboga-flood. He also told me that he never takes ayahuasca again because of that. Then i have my own hellish experience that triggered me to start the 'dark-side' thread.

In hindsight, i think it´s fair to say that the torture i experienced was because of serotonin-syndrome caused by the combination of ibogaine and very high levels of noribogaine in my blood.

Bancopuma also told me he has had such an experience, although that was with an iboga/rue combo, taken at the same time. But considering the fact that the stuff stays in your blood for quite long, i realy think he would have probably had the same effects when he would have taken the rue days or weeks later.

Just like with the DMT-tolerance, i can´t help noticing that these effects are different for each person and that some people don´t notice these effects at all while for other people, these effects are very powerfull.

The reason for emphasizing the risk of this is because maybe these effects are rare, but if it happens to you, you´re either in hell for over 20 hours, or you´ll end up in hospital, or you´re dead.

jamie
#13 Posted : 12/28/2011 10:20:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Well..this is also one reason why I am somewhat more interested in uchu sanango than iboga because I have no intention of haulting my work with ayahuasca, and sanango is used as an admixture..and at places like blue morpho from what I understand it is always an admixture and I have yet to hear of people having these types of reactions with it..maybe it is just so light on the ibogaine and other similar alkaloids are responciple for much of the effects..not really sure.

Tabernaemontana sananho(sanango) is dieted for a week or so regularily in the amazon while apprenticing or staying at some retreats etc..and ayahuasca sessions usually follow that diet. I have read that some curranderos do not allow people dieting sananho to drink ayahuasca until the diet is over, because sananho is soo powerful..although they do use what would essentially be a flood dose of sananho without a diet at times too, just like they would with ayahuasc, and that following up with ayahuasca a day or so later is okay. From the reports of people dieting sananho it is evident that something like an iboga experience takes place..the person stays in isolation in a little jungle hut having micro doses of the plant brought to them, often with little or no food at all..by day 2 or 3 it builds up and they spend a few days in a constant hypnogogic dream like state of mind where they eveluate their lives and have visions of guides etc..

As soon as I need to order caapi again in another month or so I am going to get a bunch of this stuff and experiment so I will know more first hand at a later date.

The fact that it has been for a long time and still is used alongside ayahuasca makes me feel somewhat safer about experimenting though.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#14 Posted : 12/28/2011 11:05:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, the fact that it´s used toghether got me interested as well. But i experimented with micro-doses of iboga combined with caapi, after jorkest started a thread about his experiences with it and i quickly discovered that even VERY small amounts of iboga combined with caapi, already gives very powerfull visionary experiences. The synergy between the two is so strong that you don´t need much of it.

I don´t remember how much iboga i took the first time i tried this combo, but it was probably something like only half a gram of rootbark or something, and i already had the most wonderfull tracers, full nightvision, the sensation of endlessly falling and i was seeing very bright lights flashing all around me!!

The combo was less spectacular than an iboga flood, but it was much cleaner and there was no physical discomfort.

There is a great synergy between the two. You just have to make watch out that there´s not too much synergy.

I´m curious how you´ll find the sananho..I´d like to read your reports on it when you decide to test it out.

GratefulDad
#15 Posted : 1/7/2012 9:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are plenty of people who use low doses of iboga with their aya, and without adverse effects. Most of the experienced on eboka forums highly recommend it. Polytrip tends to have experiences much different than many of the experienced regulars on eboka forums.

polytrip
#16 Posted : 1/8/2012 12:22:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

GratefulDad wrote:
There are plenty of people who use low doses of iboga with their aya, and without adverse effects. Most of the experienced on eboka forums highly recommend it. Polytrip tends to have experiences much different than many of the experienced regulars on eboka forums.

No, that´s not true. I would also recommend a LOW dose of iboga with caapi. That works wonderfully well.

Higher doses become unpleasant or even dangerous though. I´m not the only one saying that. Bancopuma also reported of having a rather freightening experience with an iboga/rue combo.

Bancopuma
#17 Posted : 1/8/2012 2:00:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah yes but that time I consumed 25g of whole ground Iboga root, not root bark, in one go without staggering dosings, on my own and with a little 10x Syrian Rue and caapi extract. This is perhaps the most stupid, reckless thing I have ever done in my life and this made me ill and knocked me off my feet for half a week...it was less a bad trip and more a major poisoning. The whole root contains much more nasties and very low levels of alkaloids, much harsher on your system than root bark, at least at those dosages.

I think combining a little Iboga with caapi is fine (there are definitely similarities between these plants, almost like distant cousins, while being very far apart at the same time), but I would suggest people who wish to combine the two proceed with care.

rOm
#18 Posted : 1/8/2012 3:10:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have nothing but good review about low dose (up to 2 grams quality rootbark max) with a medium dose of harmalas (200 mg rue harmalas).
The first time was fascinating.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

polytrip
#19 Posted : 1/8/2012 3:38:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
but I would suggest people who wish to combine the two proceed with care.

That´s exactly my point as well. I´m not arguing against any iboga combination.

I´m just saying that when you haven´t been carefull (enough), instead of just having a bad trip, you could get seriously ill or you could die.

rellik
#20 Posted : 6/13/2014 5:33:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have noticed severe tryptamine tolerance after a few days of use of some sort of ndma antagonist. Possibly converted voacangine. (edit: chewed a leaf, tasted a hairball...)

Nebulizing ethocin produced barely an effect even with pretty decent maoi inhibition. Previous experiences with significantly less of the same substance used at the start of the ndma antagonist use without maoi inhibition produced wild macroscopic effects. found a dead pixel in my tv.

And I wasn't using the ethocin in quantities to produce its own tolerance.

I wonder if its the ibogaine's 5ht2a long duration binding that didn't allow me to trip.

My observations
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

12NEXT