We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ammonia wash? Options

Rothko
#1 Posted : 11/19/2011 2:55:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello friends,

I'm thinking of doing an ammonia wash, as it seems to be the quickest route to purity for me. I have seen posts of people reporting big losses with ammonia, but is it the case that if the ammonia is ice cold it shouldn't melt the crystals, I am able to chill the ammonia to -40C which should help.

I would like to hear the arguments for and against. Are there any people out there using ammonia every time?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/19/2011 5:47:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...hould_I_wash_my_spice.3F

Never wash freebase crystals like that, its a wasteful proceedure that makes no sense since it only superficially washes the crystals (+ loss of yield). Where did you get that idea of ammonia from? We've been warning people for years against this. A wash should be done when the alkaloid is dissolved in an appropriate solvent. Check link above.

CosmikDebris
#3 Posted : 11/20/2011 5:53:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is it really necessary to wash at all? I mean, can SWIM just evap and go form there? I realize there are benefits, but other than just having a harsher uptake, is there really anything that you REALLY need to be worried about if bypassing Re-X? Again, I understand there are benefits, but is it absolutely necessary if the end product looks good to go?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/20/2011 6:18:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With the info in the above link, plus this:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11715

you should decide Smile