We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
So, I'm thinking about a solo journey.. Options

DMTripper
#21 Posted : 12/13/2011 12:58:50 AM

John Murdoch IV

If you're going to do this for the first time and solo then please start low.
Trying psychedelics out for the first time on your own is not the best idea. But if you can't in any way find someone to be your sitter then be cautious and start low. I talk from experience. BAD experience that could have gone even worse.

And I was quite experienced when disaster struck!
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nexalizer
#22 Posted : 12/20/2011 9:35:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awakened wrote:
How was it?

Work stuff came up and I left a couple days earlier than expected (still away from home now), figured it'd be better to wait until there are no pressing responsibilities.. as I'll be home only a few days for xmas and then off to the Netherlands for some weeks, the ayahuasca experiment will have to wait until 2012.. probably late January.

In a way I'm pleased - even though extremely curious about it, I can see that having decided to wait is a better choice than keeping the experience bound to a flawed schedule; I think this (aya experience) deserves my full attention. I'm pleased because having to wait doesn't bother me anymore (it would have, a couple years ago.. not talking about just aya:winkSmile

So yeah.. at the moment I don't have anything else to add, except to let you know that I appreciate your follow up on this. I'll be sure to update the thread when the time comesCool

DMTripper wrote:
If you're going to do this for the first time and solo then please start low.
Trying psychedelics out for the first time on your own is not the best idea. But if you can't in any way find someone to be your sitter then be cautious and start low. I talk from experience. BAD experience that could have gone even worse.

And I was quite experienced when disaster struck!

It'll most likely be alone, yeah. Sadly I don't know anyone in this country who's into this stuff, thus figured it'd be better to fly solo than have someone there who has no clue.

1st time on acid was alone and pretty terrifying (for 2 hours, when the effects began), at some point I almost called some family members - I'm so glad I didn't, because no one would have understood the state I was inVery happy

I reckon that Aya/DMT is a whole different experience (hard as that is to conceive, having had several acid experiences but no DMT track record yet) and I have preparated accordingly; read the books, saw the documentaries, did the research, and joined a forum of like-minded soulsLaughing

And just like acid I guess none of it will be enough to prepare for the onslaughtLaughing Laughing Laughing Laughing, but still I think it's wise to try and prepare as much as possible, have clear intentions, know a bit about the history of the substance, etc etc
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

McCoyBoy
#23 Posted : 12/20/2011 10:48:42 PM

enthusiast

you are going to be just fine. i recently drank some caapi brew for the first time, without any DMT added. it was amazing, i didnt want to add anything else because it was kind of intense i was not expecting it. it was very pro life, pro earth, a feeling of enlightenment. i used to think caapi was just a maoi. it is fully a psychedelic on its own. and its amazing, not too intense, thoughts are crisp and clear.

if you really want a sitter, you dont need someone that knows all about dmt or ayahuasca. just someone you trust and can follow some simple directions.
either way good luck and let us know how it goes
as above, so below

nexalizer
#24 Posted : 1/23/2012 2:20:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's done! See /forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=313919&#post313919

SmileCool
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

PREV12