We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
not sure if DMT is for me Options

settings
#1 Posted : 11/19/2011 4:18:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, i started growing psilocybin mushrooms about a year ago and through the forums i frequent i saw discussion of many psychedelic drugs however none of them really intrigued me that much apart from DMT. over about a month i read up on DMT, trip reports, articles on erowid, extraction teks ect before finally acquiring a small amount of DMT to try.

i eyeballed 30-50mg and mixed it with some prevaped weed and put it in my vaporizer, put some music on and lay back in bed. as the vape got to temp i saw white vapor starting to build up so i started to take a hit which was very smooth considering what i had read, it didn't burn or taste bad like i expected it to but felt very "thick" and made me want to cough like you do when you breath in CO2. i exhaled to see a massive cloud of thick vapor which made me panic as its a portable vape and you never get anything like that much vapor with weed so it was a bit of a shock. i waited and after maybe 10 seconds i felt the effects coming on, i saw pretty strong hallucinations, very similar to what i get when i peak on mushrooms along with a slight body high but my mind was as clear as it could be really. i ended up slowly vaping the DMT over several minutes and it was all over in about 10 minutes which i spent most of the time with my eyes closed watching the pretty geometric patterns.

i ended up doing this several times and probably used about 300mg of DMT doing so before i got a trip that i didn't see coming.

i like before eyeballed a dose aiming for 40mg with the intent on breaking through this time. i took one long big hit and when i felt the effects coming on instead of exhaling and turning off my vape i exhaled and went for another hit.

while inhaling the second hit it suddenly hit me incredibly quickly and over about 2 seconds the trip increased by 100x, the music warped and the only thought that went through my head was OH ****

i quickly turned off my vape while i still could and put it down where it wouldn't burn me. at this point i was satisfied i didn't need to do anything which kind of settled me a bit but the intensity of the visuals that were unfolding infront of me were too much. my entire room was rapidly expanding outwards, everything was so incredibly square. i shut my eyes and saw nothing but squares, small squares expanding with a smaller square also expanding inside it of the opposite color. there was about 10 squares inside each other and they would go say bright pink/bright blue.

now, shortly after it started my thoughts went from 100% regret to being scared but also enjoying myself, being quite amazed. i thought to myself 5-7 minutes isn't that long and it is amazing so i should just enjoy it so that's what i tried to do.

the music i was listening to was bob marley (not recommended) as at the time i thought going into unknown territory bob marley vibes could prove useful and the changes in track would allow me to know how far along i was in the trip which turned out not to work as when it was over i thought i was still listening to the 1st track, i didn't notice it changing twice.

from my experience i wouldn't recommend listening to anything with lyrics as for my they were so warped it was scary, what made it so much worse though was the video on youtube was not a studio recording, it had been mixed with audio of crowds of people shouting Rolling eyes

when i saw the hallucinations start to subside i felt a huge wave of euphoria come over me which i think was mainly relief, at that point i felt great even though i was still tripping knowing it was about to end allowed me to fully enjoy it without worry however within probably 30 seconds it was all over, i sat up and just sat there, the thought of what just happened was still blowing my mind, i got up after a while and paced around the house for hours just thinking about it.

now, at that point i fully believed i had broken through but after further reading and discussion it became apparent that it wasn't a breakthrough. the thought if that wasn't a breakthrough, then what is? sends a shiver down my spine.

so, i had used up all the DMT i had and i was far from done so i bought some MHRB and did a quick extraction yielding some nice pearly white crystalline powder.

this time i had much less to worry about, i had extracted my own product so i knew it was clean and pure, i had bought some mg scales so i could get an accurate dose, no more oh **** what if i did too much, i had some more suitable music and also knowledge to some degree at least what DMT was about.

however the three or four times i have tried since have not been the same at all and hardly great experiences, i have been weighing out 30mg aiming for where i was at last time as i think i would enjoy that fully now however i end up turning off my vape and exhaling on the first hit as soon as i feel the effects coming on and i cant put my finger on it while sober but i remember thinking oh this is why i keep doing this. its still enjoyable i think, its really hard to say.

i do want to do DMT properly but every time i attempt it now i just end up bailing out, i go in thinking i really want to take a good dose of DMT but as soon as i feel it coming on i seem to panic.

with mushrooms i have had bad trips but they have never been that bad, i have never had a trip i have regretted, and never a trip that i haven't managed to turn around and at most i just felt a bit miserable on 2-3g of mushrooms for a few hours. the thought of a bad trip on DMT really scares me though, while sober i cant think why i would have a bad trip but as soon as i feel it coming on i instantly decide its a bad idea yet i dont know why. i would of thought that with experience anxiety would lessen but it seems to get worse the more times i try it.

who knows, im certainly not done with it yet which is why i would like access to the rest of the forum. any insight would also be very much appreciated, thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SHroomtroll
#2 Posted : 11/19/2011 8:17:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pure fb dmt is kind of a bumpy ride by itself, try making some changa with harmalas instead.
or maybe drink abit of caapi or rue tea beforehand.

tele
#3 Posted : 11/19/2011 9:59:56 AM
Explorer

SHroomtroll wrote:
pure fb dmt is kind of a bumpy ride by itself, try making some changa with harmalas instead.
or maybe drink abit of caapi or rue tea beforehand.

Yeah bumpy it can be.
Sublingual caapi (20-30mg) smoothens it a bit, but not really that much. I have heard of people liking changa because it is slightly easier.

SHroomtroll
#4 Posted : 11/19/2011 10:50:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i havent smoked pure spice once since i started with changa, but maybe i will try it again just to remind myself why i changed it up.

settings
#5 Posted : 11/19/2011 12:13:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i will try that, people are saying its not as full on but are they referring to when its mixed with another active ingredient such as an MOAI or just any enchanced leaf such as peppermint?

gibran2
#6 Posted : 11/19/2011 2:20:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

settings wrote:
...however the three or four times i have tried since have not been the same at all and hardly great experiences, i have been weighing out 30mg aiming for where i was at last time as i think i would enjoy that fully now however i end up turning off my vape and exhaling on the first hit as soon as i feel the effects coming on and i cant put my finger on it while sober but i remember thinking oh this is why i keep doing this. its still enjoyable i think, its really hard to say.

i do want to do DMT properly but every time i attempt it now i just end up bailing out, i go in thinking i really want to take a good dose of DMT but as soon as i feel it coming on i seem to panic.

A DMT experience can be intense and can ramp up very quickly. There’s no getting around that. A high dose of changa can be just as intense. (Although with changa or other methods of ingesting MAOIs, one can reach a breakthrough level somewhat more gradually.)

If the intensity is too much, there are at least three things you can do:

----- 1. Stop using DMT. It’s not for everyone.

----- 2. Use DMT/changa in sub-breakthrough doses. You’ll avoid some of the intensity – you’ll avoid facing your fears – but no doubt you’ll continue to ask yourself why you keep doing this.

----- 3. Face your fears. Give in to the experience. Let go. Trust that whatever happens, you’ll be brought back to this life safe and intact. Then, take a full dose in a single inhalation. Hold it in. (You shouldn’t see much vapor at all when you exhale.) If you do this, you may come to understand why you keep doing this.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

kmartin80
#7 Posted : 11/19/2011 5:06:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find myself continuing to do #2 from what gibran2 wrote. I also have the fear when I start feeling the sensations arising. Part of what I tell myself to make me feel better is that I want to build a little bit of a relationship with it before I completely face my fears. hopefully soon I will be be able to fully let go. best of luck to you
이 사람은 진짜 사람 안입니다. 모든 포스트들 가짜 입니다.

settings
#8 Posted : 11/19/2011 7:09:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

kmartin80 wrote:
I find myself continuing to do #2 from what gibran2 wrote. I also have the fear when I start feeling the sensations arising. Part of what I tell myself to make me feel better is that I want to build a little bit of a relationship with it before I completely face my fears. hopefully soon I will be be able to fully let go. best of luck to you

thanks, i think i will try making some changa and start by smoking it at 15mg (by DMT content) and increase by 5mg each time and see where i get. if i could get back to that borderline dose that i had before i will be content as to put it simply, that was some crazy stuff i saw and since i now know what was bothering me i dont think it will be scary at all.

settings
#9 Posted : 11/19/2011 7:12:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

A DMT experience can be intense and can ramp up very quickly. There’s no getting around that. A high dose of changa can be just as intense. (Although with changa or other methods of ingesting MAOIs, one can reach a breakthrough level somewhat more gradually.)

i think that would help a lot.

so i take it the changa does have to have an MAOI in it to make it different that freebasing DMT?

d*l*b
#10 Posted : 11/19/2011 8:36:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SHroomtroll wrote:

I think changa is just as capable of being brutal as freebase. I have experienced as many difficult experiences with changa as freebase.
D × V × F > R