We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
use of MAOIs to induce vivid dreams? Options

Rainbowpalace
#1 Posted : 11/17/2011 4:58:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i had a friend a while back who had a theory that taking a strong MAOI before bed might stop the breakdown of DMT produced during REM sleep ultamately leading to more vivid and possibly longer dreams. does anyone know if there is any merit in this theory?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 11/17/2011 5:02:38 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

i don't know if theres any evidence that DMT is produced during REM sleep (much less, by the pineal)

but regardless of how it works, harmalas have had a big impact on my dream life. they are psychedelic on their own as well. also, the pineal does produce a bunch of interesting chemicals besides dmt (MAOI included)

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Rainbowpalace
#3 Posted : 11/17/2011 5:18:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

interesting. im not really familiar with what harmalas are exactly but im sure there is plenty of information available.

Oneiroi
#4 Posted : 11/17/2011 7:06:38 AM

Tim

Why don't you test it out and get back to us? That sounds like an interesting idea. I'm interested in vivid dreams and I'm thinking of trying melatonin, but this would be nice to try out if it works too.
Anything I say is completely false and should not be taken seriously.

rOm
#5 Posted : 11/17/2011 10:02:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalas are awesome in light dose before bed. It does increase dreaming, in combination with melatonin it gets very interesting also.
I suspect it increase the endogenous melatonin also, but the theory about dmt produced while sleeping by or not the pineal gland is just a theory form one scientist. There is no evidence as of yet.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

BananaForeskin
#6 Posted : 11/17/2011 10:03:40 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

An extremely powerful ayahuasca experience (about a year ago) gave me and my partner vivid dreams to this day, make of that what you will.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ