We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Forgot Language Options

jarex
#1 Posted : 11/17/2011 4:08:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I started smoking DMT about 2 weeks ago, and have probably consumed almost a gram. I just came across and tried a new batch today and towards the end of the experience I seemed to forget how to speak English. Every time I tried to think of a sentence it came out in my head something like "Squilish manochen walthuth" or some other kind of gibberish. It kind of scared me since A this has never happened till now and B I briefly thought that I had permanently forgotten how to speak. I feel like it had something to do with synesthesia since all my thoughts felt like they were being cross-wired, but is it possible for these connections to become permanent? Maybe it was just cause I was nervous that this new batch wasn't actually DMT, although the person I got it from is pretty reliable. Has anyone else forgotten how to speak during their experience?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 11/17/2011 4:13:09 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

I have not experience this or read about anyone who has, but many have spoken in another laguage to entities.

One guess that i have toward this experience is maybe you just slipped into this language, it is not something i would be afraid of, but maybe idk how much you have been doing or how often you have been doing it but maybe you should take a break and let your head clear up a bit.

Maybe someone else will chime in Smile Good luck and safe travels friend, use responsibly Smile
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

bemeda
#3 Posted : 11/17/2011 4:14:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Happens to me on Salvia. I remember one time, in a breakthrough, remembering distantly that I was something ELSE, that I had another form that was "mine" (my body) and I tried to go back to it - I couldn't do it. I didn't know how to get there or what or where it was. In the trance I had basically a new form of "language" thought - as if each individual "word" or thought was imbued with massive quantities of knowledge. There wasn't a sentence of english anywhere to be found - it would have been so clunky as to fail utterly to serve my mind in processing the experience.

It's one of the first things to go in a breakthrough in my experience - english goes out the window. A new but somehow instantly familiar psychic/thought language takes its place.

Dream2Awaken
#4 Posted : 11/17/2011 4:28:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard a lot of people speak gibberish while in a full trip. Mainly it's because there mind is racing too fast to slow down and get out a clear coherent sentence. Never heard of it being permanent.
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"

universecannon
#5 Posted : 11/17/2011 4:32:00 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

My friend spoke to me in tongues once while we were both on a high dose of salvia, and we both felt like in that moment we new exactly what he was saying.. DMT though, some trips i can describe what is happening to a friend while it transpires. other trips- usually of a higher dose or with added harmalas- have had me making all kinds of bizarre sounds

I wouldn't worry about any of what you experienced becoming permanent. no one has ever permanently forgotten how to speak after dmt AFAIK..Its common for thoughts similar to this to spring up when our sober sense of self is clinging to anything it can during its annihilation. i mean how many times have people literally thought they've died? permanently messed up their brain? ect ect..and yet here we are.. still all (relatively) sane Very happy Razz Twisted Evil Wink Very happy

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Global
#6 Posted : 11/17/2011 6:08:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I've had gibberish going on in my head. The entities will sometimes speak in gibberish especially on higher doses. Sometimes it's funny random words. Sometimes they're cursing which has had me laughing mid experience. New batch or not, DMT is DMT and the root cause for the difference in effect is not most likely due to a different batch, but rather the fact that DMT is random in and of itself. If you extract your own, you won't have to worry about where it's coming from either.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Coastal_Shaman
#7 Posted : 11/17/2011 6:54:34 AM

"That Guy"

The only thing I am able to say during a trip, not even every time but some times at least is; DMT is weird man, to which the DMT replies; "DMT... IS weird man!".. It always gives me a chuckle. The only other thing I say is when I'm coming out of Hyperspace and that is; WOW... Huh... Wow... Fffftt...
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

Oneiroi
#8 Posted : 11/17/2011 7:03:42 AM

Tim

Nah I wouldn't worry about permanent damage to your language capabilities. Worst case scenario, there would be a gradual decline in language ability with prolonged use, but I wouldn't imagine there would be any acute effect as if you hit the DMT and suddenly forget how to speak when you come back. Things like that don't happen unless you have something like a stroke or brain injury.
Anything I say is completely false and should not be taken seriously.

VoidTraveler
#9 Posted : 11/17/2011 11:46:56 AM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

Am I the only one that thinks that he might be smoking spice a bit too often? Burning through a gram in less than 2 weeks seems rather steep. If you consider 40mg breakthrough dosages we're talking about 25 trips in less than 14 days. Even if you consider waste and slightly higher doses we're still looking at 15 to 20 doses. Maybe I'm wrong here, but that's a lot of spice.

As for the acquisition of your spice: It's frowned upon on the Nexus to purchase DMT from anyone. Mainly because you do not know if it's pure, has been cut or if it's chemically polluted. See the Attitude page on this.

Why not start extracting your own spice? That way you never have to be afraid about the quality, purity or dangers.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

jarex
#10 Posted : 11/17/2011 12:48:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I live in an apartment in a city and unfortunately extracting it wouldn't be an option due to the heavy use of chemicals. Yes a gram does seem like a large amount, but I was just very curious about its effects. Plus everything I've read including Strassman's book points to the belief that it does no permanent harm.

3rdI
#11 Posted : 11/17/2011 1:21:47 PM

veni, vidi, spici

jarex wrote:
Plus everything I've read including Strassman's book points to the belief that it does no permanent harm.

this is the important bit, look after your mind, you would miss it if it was gone.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Global
#12 Posted : 11/17/2011 3:43:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I don't think a gram in two weeks is over-doing it. It's definitely on the heavy side, but if you pay close attention, most of the train wreck disaster come from doses that are too large, not too many doses. It's perfectly normal particularly for those who are just getting acquainted with spice to use it frequently out of enthusiasm and curiosity. DMT has its own way of regulating its use and I'm sure if it feels it's getting abused, it'll let the OP know one way or another. I do agree as I said above that he shouldn't be buying his DMT, but I don't think he should be judged for his frequency of use.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Dream2Awaken
#13 Posted : 11/17/2011 8:40:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
but I don't think he should be judged for his frequency of use.

I agree. As long as one is taking the lessons learned and integrating them into their life. Then I believe they should be allowed to do it as frequent as possible. The only over-use in my mind would be doing it constantly but not progressing in actual life from it.
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"

VoidTraveler
#14 Posted : 11/17/2011 9:22:00 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

Global wrote:
I don't think a gram in two weeks is over-doing it. It's definitely on the heavy side, but if you pay close attention, most of the train wreck disaster come from doses that are too large, not too many doses. It's perfectly normal particularly for those who are just getting acquainted with spice to use it frequently out of enthusiasm and curiosity. DMT has its own way of regulating its use and I'm sure if it feels it's getting abused, it'll let the OP know one way or another. I do agree as I said above that he shouldn't be buying his DMT, but I don't think he should be judged for his frequency of use.

I think you make a very good point there. I am much more in the mindset of most other substances out there, be it synthetic or natural, in which you should keep your overall use low or you will run the risk of harming yourself. Either physically or mentally.

Then again, I'm only just starting in this world and your arguments outweigh mine.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

Bill Cipher
#15 Posted : 11/17/2011 9:34:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This has happened to me many times. Although I always endeavor to turn off my inner monologue as much as I possibly can, I will often have a running commentary going until it breaks up into gibberish. This can be frightening for sure, when I'm saying to myself (inside my head) "oh my god, this is so shqwirdliknickistianvoloptuneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......", but that's usually my cue to get out of the way, and then the old ego goes bye bye.

Global
#16 Posted : 11/18/2011 3:01:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
This has happened to me many times. Although I always endeavor to turn off my inner monologue as much as I possibly can, I will often have a running commentary going until it breaks up into gibberish. This can be frightening for sure, when I'm saying to myself (inside my head) "oh my god, this is so shqwirdliknickistianvoloptuneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......", but that's usually my cue to get out of the way, and then the old ego goes bye bye.

Hehe, this happens to me sometimes as well. It's why when I'm holding in my hits especially, I try to avoid thinking of absolutely anything if at all possible because if the slightest thought slips through it can start feeding back into gibberish where in my head it will be like, "*silence*.....I wonder...wonder..wonder..der..der.derrangeeee"

bemeda
#17 Posted : 11/18/2011 3:16:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
Uncle Knucles wrote:

Hehe, this happens to me sometimes as well. It's why when I'm holding in my hits especially, I try to avoid thinking of absolutely anything if at all possible because if the slightest thought slips through it can start feeding back into gibberish where in my head it will be like, "*silence*.....I wonder...wonder..wonder..der..der.derrangeeee"

Whoa... sounds like DMT has more in common than Salvia than I expected. This is pretty much exactly what happens to me on Salvia. Especially in regards to the echoing failure of syllables.

"what is happen-appen-appen-appen-appen"
(other voices: )
"what is is is is is is is"
"appen appen appen appen appen appen"
"FOR FUCKS SAKE! FUCKS SAY FUCK SAY FUX AY KAY KAY KAY"
"uxapp upsack ups is is is ax ack ack"

This is usually around the time I just abandon language altogether. Much easier that way.

applebaum
#18 Posted : 11/18/2011 3:40:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always gotten gibberish playing in a loop in the background when I've used Salvia. I always have to focus on it when I'm almost out of it to remember what the word was and what it means. It always seems like normal language at the time. I remember one of my first times, as I transitioned back I started to get the notion that the phrase "Ok rantathinkit nobady" was not an everyday saying. I thought then it must just be something my family said. Then I realized that, no, it's just gibberish and wrote it down so I would remember. But unless I focus on it I forget it because it goes from being completely familiar, to strange gibberish, to forgotten in the matter of a minute. That phrase meant "Ok, give me a second I'm just finishing up." In response to being told to stop goofing around playing this life and to come along with my Salvia mom.

I could see getting confused and speaking the gibberish on your way back and it not being anything to worry about.

Quote:
In the trance I had basically a new form of "language" thought - as if each individual "word" or thought was imbued with massive quantities of knowledge. There wasn't a sentence of english anywhere to be found - it would have been so clunky as to fail utterly to serve my mind in processing the experience.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm spoken to this way in dreams though, not under the influence of anything. When this happens, and it's rarely, it is some wise spirit or my doppelganger telling me something important. They'll say about 3 words in this language and it takes about a page to explain the nuance to each word. I try to pay real close attention to those dreams because it really feels like it's someone else talking to me, like the message isn't coming from myself even though it sometimes comes from someone who looks just like me.

shivayam
#19 Posted : 11/18/2011 4:11:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My girlfriends father related a story to me and about how one of the times he drank ayahuasca he forgot how to speak for about a week afterwords. We were sitting under a plum tree I recall...

Global
#20 Posted : 11/18/2011 7:50:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bemeda wrote:
Global wrote:
Uncle Knucles wrote:

Whoa... sounds like DMT has more in common than Salvia than I expected. This is pretty much exactly what happens to me on Salvia. Especially in regards to the echoing failure of syllables.

"what is happen-appen-appen-appen-appen"
(other voices: )
"what is is is is is is is"
"appen appen appen appen appen appen"
"FOR FUCKS SAKE! FUCKS SAY FUCK SAY FUX AY KAY KAY KAY"
"uxapp upsack ups is is is ax ack ack"

This is usually around the time I just abandon language altogether. Much easier that way.

I don't really smoke salvia anymore, so I sort of just stopped thinking about it by and large really, but you reminded me just how crazy the gibberish would get on salvia. I was smoking salvia well before DMT (due to obvious legality issues), and I remember one of the things that fascinated me was that I would hear this woman's voice. It wouldn't be English...or perhaps I was so confused that I merely couldn't decode the English, but either way regardless of what she was actually saying, she would repeat it over and over (in a loop) and I got the sense that it was a command (imperative) based on the tone and emphasis. When trying to recall, even though it was gibberish, the translation I came up with when trying to describe it was, "ok, time to do homework, ok, time to do homework, ok, time to do homework." Now I'm not even sure if that's what I was actually hearing, but it would be interesting if it was because I later realized that that would probably be something my mom would tell me when I was significantly younger. I think there's a pretty good possibility that the voice I was hearing was my own mother's, but under the influence of salvia, you could have someone holding up a sign that says, "you just smoked SALVIA," and you'd be thinking to yourself, "what did I do to get here? Oh yeah, I smoked something called salvia...I wonder what that does."

12NEXT