We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What are some good detox kits/tips? Options

SpartanII
#1 Posted : 11/16/2011 10:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For a 30 year old male doing a first time detoxification.

I have eaten a high fat, high sugar, mainly processed food diet for all my life. I am skinny with no apparent health problems except that I'm depressed, have bad OCD, high anxiety, anger problems, constipation, acid indigestion, poor memory and concentration. I believe at least some of my problem may be with my shitty diet and have been researching detox methods and kits but there is so much confusing information I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it!Sad

Now, I've started reducing my processed foods intake and have started taking an organic, full spectrum, whole foods multivitamin (MegaFood). I swear I already feel better but I know I'm going to need to start eating a lot of raw fruits and veggies. The problem is, I need to get the junk out of my system first before I start the nutritional therapy.

Any good detox kits or strategies you guys can recommend? I'd like to do this as quick and as painless as possible. Thanks everyone!Very happy

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

tigerstrike92
#2 Posted : 11/16/2011 11:56:33 PM

Homo-divinorum

My suggestion is to use a combination tea, 3x daily. A lot of different brands will offer detox teas, and some taste pretty darn good. Yogi and Bija make some awesome detox teas. Or you can make your own tea out of detoxifying herbs such as but not limited t:

Dandelion Root (leaves work too, but not as potent)
Burdock
Milk Thistle
Cayenne
Lemon
Ginger
Black Pepper
etc.

Also, try and take a whole foods fiber. You would be amazed at how wonderful you feel after some good fiber.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

SpartanII
#3 Posted : 11/17/2011 12:36:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks!Cool

What do you mean by a "whole foods fiber"? Like psyllium?

universecannon
#4 Posted : 11/17/2011 12:56:13 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

theres some great advice in this thread https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=26767

Juicing is supposed to be great for detoxing. I think fractal talks about it in that thread i linked but i might be wrong.

"I swear I already feel better but I know I'm going to need to start eating a lot of raw fruits and veggies. The problem is, I need to get the junk out of my system first before I start the nutritional therapy. "

its important to detox..but that doesn't you shouldn't start eating as healthy as possible right now as well!

Do you work with ayahuasca regularly? i would drink a small amount of a caapi brew, say 5grams, in the morning.. and perhaps a bit more at night if you can afford it. Then a bigger dose of a caapi-only brew once a week, or as often as you see fit..as you probably know its extremely healing both physically and psychologically, and goes amazingly well with a raw plant-based diet. Its also been known to help with basically every symptom you've listed, actually :]. Once you get more comfortable with the higher doses then you could also add in some chacruna or mimosa if you like

the important thing is to keep at it brotha! i used to eat processed crap basically all day until a few years ago. now i eat mostly fruit, veggies, and nuts..and get plenty of harmalas, yoga, and meditation. i never thought i would feel this good physically and mentally, to be honest

oh and exercise would also be very helpful in detoxing i think.. a combination of approaches is definitely the way to go

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

jamie
#5 Posted : 11/17/2011 1:11:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

google everything you can on juice feasting..lots of stuff on youtube..

I will warn you though..while jucing you can feel better than you have ever felt in your entire life at times, there is also heavy detox symptoms at times that can make you feel like complete crap. This is usually only at the start though..a few day in I start to feel as if I am carrying a very special vibration..hard to explain.
Long live the unwoke.

tigerstrike92
#6 Posted : 11/17/2011 4:35:23 AM

Homo-divinorum

Psyllium is good, but can be kind of harsh at times.

Apple Pectin is also a great fiber.

What i meant by whole foods fiber, is look for a plant sourced fiber that isn't just "to clean you out". You don't need one that is just gonna make you sprint to the bathroom. Find a fiber that you can take on a regular and consistent basis. Some fibers you can't even tell you are taking, that is until your buisness happens quickly, cleanly, and efficiently. Smile
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

proto-pax
#7 Posted : 11/17/2011 4:50:30 AM

bird-brain

eat foods that grows out of the ground or was born. Something that was part of a living creature. Your body will take care of the rest in time. If you just cleanse or detox and keep up with that diet you won't change a thing.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

haxxorz
#8 Posted : 11/17/2011 9:24:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

KAMBO!

then after that eat only organic (and i mean EVERYTHING!), no more meat (or atleast no more raw meat and only meat from a trustworthy source), stop tobacco (lotsa chems in there), fish is debatable it contains a shitload of toxins whether its from the sea or cultivated, the list goes on and on Razz

Shaolin
#9 Posted : 11/17/2011 5:19:52 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Change you diet, don't search for a bandage via "detox" (which is probably mostly, if not all, a placebo thing). You DON'T need anything before starting a new diet of unprocessed foods (red meat, eggs, fish, vegetables, fruit ; no grains, no vegetable oils, no diary at the beginning start). Start today, report back in two months.

And man, don't get scammed by the organic hippies mob. If you wish to pay extra for something like "Whole foods multivitamin (MegaFood)" demand a study that compared their multivitamin with a "regular" multivitamin. My money is that it's non existing. Claiming of increasing bioavailability of EVERYTHING sounds also sounds bunk and again with no studies linked. Buy VitD3, magnesium and VitK2. That's ALL you need at the moment. Eventually probiotics and or/digestive enzymes if needed.

But change your diet first ! We're here to help but no one can do the work for you.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

tigerstrike92
#10 Posted : 11/17/2011 8:28:17 PM

Homo-divinorum

Shaolin wrote:

And man, don't get scammed by the organic hippies mob. If you wish to pay extra for something like "Whole foods multivitamin (MegaFood)" demand a study that compared their multivitamin with a "regular" multivitamin. My money is that it's non existing....

This may be true, but I often find that the main difference between a whole foods vitamin and a synthetic is not so much bioavailability, but dosage. A lot of the mainstream vitamin brands I have seen offer 100% DV of most the vitamins. Some people may need more than that, and others might need less. I myself need more, so my vitamin (whole food) has very large amounts ranging from 200-1000% DV for some vitamins. I know the whole too much of a good thing is bad... but what I have found works for me. If that works for you and it makes you feel a lot better keep going! If not, try something different.

Shaolin wrote:
But change your diet first ! We're here to help but no one can do the work for you.

^^ I wholeheartedly second this. If you eat healthy enough, and put enough thought into your meals, then you might not even need any multi-vitamins or supplements.

SpartanII
#11 Posted : 11/17/2011 9:23:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:

Do you work with ayahuasca regularly?

I wish I could. I'm on 45 mg methadone/day and the time I tried Caapi tea I got sick. I threw up once. Didn't feel like a purge either, more like getting sick from alcohol. I'll have to wait till I can muster up the Intent and the energy to get off the methadone. (the withdrawals are worse than you get from Heroin)

Quote:
the important thing is to keep at it brotha! i used to eat processed crap basically all day until a few years ago. now i eat mostly fruit, veggies, and nuts..and get plenty of harmalas, yoga, and meditation. i never thought i would feel this good physically and mentally, to be honest

oh and exercise would also be very helpful in detoxing i think.. a combination of approaches is definitely the way to go

I really appreciate the info and the words of motivation. I do plan to take a multi-dimensional approach including exercise, acupuncture, sensory deprivation, meditation, including a full body detox, even my skin and lungs through the use of steam and hydrotherapy.

Yea, I'm not messing around...Laughing

fractal enchantment wrote:
I will warn you though..while jucing you can feel better than you have ever felt in your entire life at times, there is also heavy detox symptoms at times that can make you feel like complete crap. This is usually only at the start though..a few day in I start to feel as if I am carrying a very special vibration..hard to explain.

Interesting! Maybe it has something to do with how your saving energy through more efficient digestion? Or maybe you are absorbing the life force of the raw plants? Or both...

tigerstrike92 wrote:
What i meant by whole foods fiber, is look for a plant sourced fiber that isn't just "to clean you out". You don't need one that is just gonna make you sprint to the bathroom. Find a fiber that you can take on a regular and consistent basis. Some fibers you can't even tell you are taking, that is until your buisness happens quickly, cleanly, and efficiently

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.Cool

proto-pax- thank you, I agree, the closer to nature, the better.

haxxorz- Sounds good, thanks for the tips. I do plan on sticking to organic, it makes more sense.

Shaolin wrote:
Change you diet, don't search for a bandage via "detox" (which is probably mostly, if not all, a placebo thing). You DON'T need anything before starting a new diet of unprocessed foods (red meat, eggs, fish, vegetables, fruit ; no grains, no vegetable oils, no diary at the beginning start). Start today, report back in two months.

I'm not searching for a bandage, I'm simply getting the bad out before I put the good in. Isn't it better to drain out the old oil before adding the fresh, better quality oil in a motor?

Quote:
And man, don't get scammed by the organic hippies mob. If you wish to pay extra for something like "Whole foods multivitamin (MegaFood)" demand a study that compared their multivitamin with a "regular" multivitamin. My money is that it's non existing. Claiming of increasing bioavailability of EVERYTHING sounds also sounds bunk and again with no studies linked.

Much of what those organic hippies say actually makes sense. And I don't need studies to tell me what is intuitively and logically sound, but I'll link some sources for the skeptics anyways.Wink

http://www.healthresearch.com/vitamins.htm

http://www.livestrong.co...-vs-whole-food-vitamins/

http://www.encognitive.com/node/7252

Whole foods vitamins are basically just whole food concentrates with plant-based enzymes and phytonutrients to aid in absorption and digestion. You can even take them on an empty stomach because your body recognizes it for what it is- food.

Quote:
Buy VitD3, magnesium and VitK2. That's ALL you need at the moment.

No offense, but how do you know what I need at the moment? After years of loading my body with crap I'm starting to feel the effects. When I take whole foods multivitamins I can feel them hit me because I know my body and it feels good to give it what it needs, especially after feeding it crap for so long.

I don't mean to sound defensive and I do see your point but I assure you I'm not out for just a quick fix and know that I'll have to commit to making continuous lifestyle changes, but I feel that by detoxifying my body and taking a full spectrum whole foods multivitamin I'm on the right track to bettering my health.

SpartanII
#12 Posted : 11/17/2011 9:33:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

(from the first link)

Quote:
Conclusion

Studies suggest that the bioavailability of natural food complex vitamins is better than that of most isolated USP vitamins [e.g. 12-17,40-46], that they may have better effects on maintaining aspects of human health beyond traditional vitamin deficiency syndromes [15,37,44,45,69,76], and at least some seem to be preferentially retained by the human body [12,46]. It is not always clear if these advantages are due to the physiochemical form of the vitamin, with the other food constituents that are naturally found with them, or some combination [42,95]. Regardless, it seems logical to conclude that for purposes of maintaining normal health, natural vitamins are superior to synthetic ones.

Labeling someone, who after studying the physiological forms and clinical applications of vitamins, concludes that natural ones are superior to synthetics, as a โ€œquackโ€ is irresponsible. It is this type of false science that leads many in the general public to distrust many โ€œhealth expertsโ€ and requires that true researchers sometimes rely on publications which have not been fully โ€œpeer-reviewedโ€ . It may even lead to publishing bias (not publishing information which supports the view that natural vitamins are superior to synthetic ones). It also seems logical that it would tend to discourage research (especially if government funded) into advantages of improving our food supply (if synthetics are just as good why bother?). This appears to be dangerous for human health.

Synthetic USP isolates are not the same as natural vitamins complexed in food. Humans would not naturally want to eat many of the substances that are used in the manufacturing of synthetic vitamins. Humans are supposed to eat food [102] and receive their vitamins from foods [4]. Most people can improve their health by eating health-building whole foods such as fruits and vegetables and whole grains (and consuming less refined carbohydrates) [4,103]. This alone can help increase the consumption of natural vitamins. Vitamin nutrition should come from food or from supplements which are as close to food as possible. Since no one knows everything there is to know about nutrition, it seems logical from both a historical and modern perspective to consume vitamins in the forms found in natural food complexes and not to try to build health based on chemical isolates. It also makes no sense to label those who believe in legitimate science as quacks.

(references can be found HERE)

Ice House
#13 Posted : 11/17/2011 10:37:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Exercise and lots of clean water!

Get your heartbeat up over 120 bpm via physical activity for at least :30 minutes a day!

Drink lots of clean water! Work every muscle in your body and SWEAT!

and of course everything that was mentioned above.

If you want to detoxify, it really helps to have a metabolism that will help facilitate that. You can put all the stuff you want into your system to aid in detox but it wont be 100% effective if your not stimulating your metabolism through regular excecise! Even if its simple walking. If you have parts of your body that are injured exercise the parts that are not injured.

Stretching!

Deep tissue massage is also great for aiding in detox.

Motivation!

Good luck

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

SpartanII
#14 Posted : 11/18/2011 12:49:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Ice House. Good stuff. I have a tough journey ahead of me but I'm fed up (ha!) with eating crap and feeling like crap.Rolling eyes

Shaolin
#15 Posted : 11/19/2011 5:12:31 PM

Stiletto Stoner

SpartanII, I apologize. I have no idea which supplements your body need at the moment.

I may comment the studies in the future but until then travel safely brother.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

SpartanII
#16 Posted : 11/19/2011 11:06:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No problem, Shaolin, I do appreciate you taking the time to offer your advice.

universecannon
#17 Posted : 11/19/2011 11:10:32 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

"I'm not searching for a bandage, I'm simply getting the bad out before I put the good in. Isn't it better to drain out the old oil before adding the fresh, better quality oil in a motor? "

no..how could you get the bad out when you are continuing to just put it back in?

it actually makes no sense to think one needs to sufficiently detox before you can start eating healthy. eating healthy is detoxing..you cant detox well when your still consuming garbage. the other detox methods (like those mentioned in this thread) + a healthy diet is the way to go..

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

benzyme
#18 Posted : 11/19/2011 11:18:48 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

steamy epsom salt bath
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

jamie
#19 Posted : 11/19/2011 11:25:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

you probabily need enzymes man...your body just needs to be on a real diet. That means whole foods rich in enzymes and vitamines, pure water etc..lots of sleep and some excercise. Multi-vitamines will make you feel batter right now I am sure..but nothing like a diet high in raw, organic foods and pure water + rest etc. Give your body what the planet provides to every other being in its pure unadulterated form and the body will do the rest. Millions and millions of years of evolution and only a brief period of fast food/adulterated food, chlorinated water, and enzyme deficient foods..no wonder people start to break down after a while.

Many herbal teas can help push out toxins in the meantime..and bentonite clay dissolved in water in the morning is great as well.
Long live the unwoke.

haxxorz
#20 Posted : 11/20/2011 10:48:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
And man, don't get scammed by the organic hippies mob. If you wish to pay extra for something like "Whole foods multivitamin (MegaFood)" demand a study that compared their multivitamin with a "regular" multivitamin. My money is that it's non existing. Claiming of increasing bioavailability of EVERYTHING sounds also sounds bunk and again with no studies linked.

You are not getting the point, it is not about the vitamins, it is about the toxic NUTRIENTS and PESTICIDES they use on those plants, which end up in your food. And any organic MJ grower will back me up Pleased

When grown organic you are eating fruit without traces of the many chemicals, which in my believe, are slowly poisoning your body. And I am not even touching the gen modification subject.

Same goes for meat... it's filled with anti-biotics, hormones and whatnot, but guess what those animals even eat the same polluted shit we eat. Any stuff that is not fit to be consumed any more by humans goes directly to the animal food factory's. Chips, toothpaste, snickers, meat anything goes in the same pot.

I can rant on and on, even continue to explain the benefits for economy, nature, human rights, especially when done dynamically and eco friendly, which most of the time go hand in hand with organic farming projects.

peace.

p.s. doing KAMBO is definitely no placebo effect, as you can feel the "poison" going thru your body as soon as it enters you, often people puke while undergoing it's effects.
beneficial for body and mind? not scientifically proven i guess but many people report very interesting results!

12NEXT