We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Teen dies of gunshot wound to head after smoking marijuana laced with hallucinogens Options

Sublime
#1 Posted : 11/16/2011 9:55:47 AM

Intraterrestrial

First of all, yes this is terrible news and a tragic story I contemplated not even sharing. Second of all, no, those three letters we know so well were not mentioned in the story.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16045350/poway-teen-shot-in-head-10-days-ago-dies

"he was found bleeding with a gunshot wound to the head and a rifle next to his body."

"investigators say he was with friends at a house smoking what they believed to be marijuana laced with hallucinogenic drugs"

This is no good at all. It looks probable it could have been a suicide. Now my concern is which hallucinogen would lead to this behavior? Shooting someone let alone yourself? I guess the lesson to be learned here is to be in a safe and comfortable set and setting when using these substances, with a clear state of mind and intention.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

terra_incognita
#2 Posted : 11/16/2011 10:09:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very tragic, but i think that might not be the full story. might just be my natural incline to question what i hear, but i'll be interested to hear the developments in this. also wondering what it may have been laced with that could have caused such (behavior)? if its true

dtrypt
#3 Posted : 11/16/2011 11:02:42 AM

13.7 Billion Year Old Noob

They "believe" it to be marijuana laced with a hallucinogen... that is such a typically weak media statement.
If it's true, could it possibly be PCP?

And what are teens doing with a gun?

haxxorz
#4 Posted : 11/16/2011 12:17:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Probably just very good weed, followed by de-individualization, scared to the pants (psychotic maybe?) and bam, sad story indeed but i don't believe the " laced with... " part.

christian
#5 Posted : 11/16/2011 12:42:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not the weed that killed him, it was the GUN. Whats a teen doing having access to a firearm??? Sounds like some real irresponsability going on there!!Confused
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

dg
#6 Posted : 11/16/2011 1:37:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

christian wrote:
It's not the weed that killed him, it was the GUN. Whats a teen doing having access to a firearm??? Sounds like some real irresponsability going on there!!Confused

people kill people

Pandora
#7 Posted : 11/16/2011 3:26:52 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Investigators say a lot of things for various reasons and motivations.

Analyzing the content, ratio/dose etc. of the joint will no doubt take hours to days. Doing a TRUE tox-screen on the corpse will take a number of weeks.

If the investigators were honest, they'd say they found a corpse bleeding with weapons and a marijuana joint that is being analyzed to see if it has any other psychoactives in it.

Guess that requires thinking, being reasonable and rational and not having a borderline political, knee-jerk reaction as soon as you see a "Press" card.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

actualfactual
#8 Posted : 11/16/2011 4:50:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can buy a rifle when you are 18 so it isn't to surprising that a 17 year old had access to one.

I'm not sure how they came to the conclusion the weed was laced when the toxicology isn't back yet.

Sad story. RIP.

jbark
#9 Posted : 11/16/2011 5:17:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:

If the investigators were honest, they'd say they found a corpse bleeding with weapons and a marijuana joint that is being analyzed to see if it has any other psychoactives in it.

Guess that requires thinking, being reasonable and rational and not having a borderline political, knee-jerk reaction as soon as you see a "Press" card.

Benefit of the doubt please - I know you mistrust cops and all, but don't you think you (by you I mean several posters, not just you PandoraSmile ) are making the same error of assumption of which you are accusing them? Maybe somebody on the site (another partyer?) told them that they were smoking laced joints, and maybe, just maybe, the cops aren't releasing any MORE info (ie the type of hallucinogen), until the toxicology report is in, in order NOT to spread misinformation. Or maybe not. Maybe you are right and they are jumping to conclusions to make the story more impressive. Either one is an assumption, but yours is based on a hatred of authority, no?

This is a sad story, and I understand people are emotional about it, but lets keep the arrows in their sheaths until the story unfolds.

JBArk

PS people DO kill people... and some ways they do so is by manufacturing guns, making lax gun laws, and having guns lying around in the presence of children.
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

jamie
#10 Posted : 11/16/2011 5:19:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I bet it was NOT laced. I have had psychotic experiences with cannabis, it is not abnormal if you have no tolerance and are unfamiliar with the plant, and smoke too much of it. One of the first times I got stoned I was with people who smoked regularily. I had smoked before in the past but it had never worked. This time these people had a bong and they kept smoking and holding it in, so I did the same thing..I smoked a smoked and smoked. I was probabily 17 at the time. I ended up starting to feel very very strange within 15 minutes and then started to panic. I remember one of them frying up prawns I thought the prawns were dancing and singing in the pan. My heart beat so fast I nearly called my dad to tell him goodbye becasue I was OD'ing and was going ot have a heart attack any moment. My friends mother wa gone that weekend and the landlord came and kicked all of us out(including my friend). It was late friday night and no buses so my other friend took me to eat some pizza at some 24 hour place and I remember them having to remind me to eat becasue I kept forgetting where I was and just sat there freaking out..I ended up being so fucked up I hid in the atm entrance to a bank for the night, and fell sleap on the floor in there. In the morning I was amazed that I was okay again. I did not smoke cannabis for another year or so, and never smoked so much like that again until I was smoking daily. If guns had been around that night who the hell knows what kind of things could have happened.

I think people underestimate cannabis and think if it makes people hallucinate or act psychotic etc that it must be laced..but this is a misunderstanding of the effects of high doses of THC, especially in people with no tolerance.
Long live the unwoke.

actualfactual
#11 Posted : 11/16/2011 5:27:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Or maybe not. Maybe you are right and they are jumping to conclusions to make the story more impressive. Either one is an assumption, but yours is based on a hatred of authority, no?

The assumption is actually based around the fact the laced marijuana is pretty much non-existant. It is fairly common for people without much marijuana experience to flip out when they smoke some good stuff and come to the conclusion it is laced.

jbark
#12 Posted : 11/16/2011 6:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

actualfactual wrote:
Quote:
Or maybe not. Maybe you are right and they are jumping to conclusions to make the story more impressive. Either one is an assumption, but yours is based on a hatred of authority, no?

The assumption is actually based around the fact the laced marijuana is pretty much non-existant. It is fairly common for people without much marijuana experience to flip out when they smoke some good stuff and come to the conclusion it is laced.

True, perhaps.

...although I have some DMT laced MJ 6 feet from me in a little vial. Wink

However - Asserting that the cops are assuming anything it is still jumping to a conclusion based on what was reported, assing a make outta you 'n me. Smile

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Orion
#13 Posted : 11/16/2011 6:28:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They believe so huh? Who says there was even any weed involved for sure ? This is B.S.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Pandora
#14 Posted : 11/16/2011 7:21:54 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Never once did I say cop. This has nothing to do with cops imo. This has to do with a wider societal problem that is multi-pronged. From lack of proper information/education/harm reduction on drugs to easy access to deadly weapons for underage youth to lack of parental involvement to . . . . a society that excels in mediocrity.

At a time when so many are literally starving for employment (I'd sure like to get more "luxury" veggies each week), it seems it's not working hard and what you know but who you know and who you blew. And I'm sick of it. From the a-hole making God knows how much to X-Ray welds on the Bay Bridge that was basically sitting home watching soap operas to the cops collecting $42.50 to $80/hour OT who are too lazy to think or take a chance by maybe telling protestors to clear the area, a man is down needs help, clear it so EMT's can get through. EMTs are on the way . . . . . . . these guys decided firing a tear gas bomb right at the injured party and setting off a few more flash-bang grenades in the area was the best way to protect and serve.

I'm sick of the mediocrity, the lies and the professional laziness that permeate our society/culture in modernity. A dead body was found. Drugs were found. Toxicology results are pending. That's ALL that should have been said.

Period.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Dr Psychonaut
#15 Posted : 11/16/2011 8:02:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't see why there has to be a link between the fact they were smoking marijuana (that may have been laced with those dangerous hallucinogens we all know so much about) and his being shot in the head. Ofcourse the media love to make an issue of any drug related crime which keeps the government happy but those who like to think for themselves I hope would see that there are a million other causes why this may have happened. People smoke marijuana (and 'laced' marijuana) all the time and don't shoot themselves or others, and likewise people who have never touched drugs commit suicide. So little is mentioned there's no beginning to ascertain the cause imo. It does sound like a story the media will absolutely love turning into a 'drugs are bad' lesson though.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.

corpus callosum
#16 Posted : 11/16/2011 8:25:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Most of us here know the venal and mercenary nature of the the modern press/news sources; I agree with Pandora insofar as we need more info and need to recognise that drugs and the 'problems' thus associated always make for a good headline.No matter what the outcome, the tone of the coverage even when the full facts are known will most probably be along the lines of this unfortunate event being solely attributable to those nasty things called drugs.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

tigerstrike92
#17 Posted : 11/16/2011 9:54:49 PM

Homo-divinorum

Like was said above... Drugs don't kill people. Guns don't kill people. People kill people, even if it is one person killing himself.

I did something really stupid. I tried to read the comments under the story, and after 2 or 3 my eyes were already boiling over with rage. "It was probably salvia, the only thing that shit is good for is to whack you out for a couple minutes" "This is what you get for smoking reefer" etc.

Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Doodazzle
#18 Posted : 11/17/2011 1:31:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
A dead body was found. Drugs were found. Toxicology results are pending. That's ALL that should have been said

Seriously.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Coastal_Shaman
#19 Posted : 11/17/2011 2:27:17 AM

"That Guy"

It's quite possible that he was under a lot of pressure to excel by his parents and or peers and couldn't handle it anymore. He could have already had his mind made up prior to being at the party where there just happened to be drugs being consumed. Even if he was partaking in the said drugs he could just have had enough of the stress and decided to end it. He was after all a honor student that was doing lots of sports. Maybe he had pushy "hockey parents".. I only suggest these ideas because unfortunately I had a very good friend in high school who decided to end it and he was a pretty similar sounding kid... Honor roll, sports star, scholarship ect...
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

DoctorMantus
#20 Posted : 11/17/2011 4:04:36 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

jbark wrote:

Benefit of the doubt please - I know you mistrust cops and all, but don't you think you (by you I mean several posters, not just you PandoraSmile ) are making the same error of assumption of which you are accusing them? Maybe somebody on the site (another partyer?) told them that they were smoking laced joints, and maybe, just maybe, the cops aren't releasing any MORE info (ie the type of hallucinogen), until the toxicology report is in, in order NOT to spread misinformation. Or maybe not. Maybe you are right and they are jumping to conclusions to make the story more impressive. Either one is an assumption, but yours is based on a hatred of authority, no?

JBArk

PS people DO kill people... and some ways they do so is by manufacturing guns, making lax gun laws, and having guns lying around in the presence of children.

They are either jumping to conclusions with the laced part or maybe they are just doing what they have always been doing, giving hallucinogens a bad name.

These substances should be used with the utmost respect and Responsibility, I can say yes these substances surely are not good for our brains in the long run, responsible using and self control should always be practiced. Because one high dose or wrong setting can throw you down the wrong road which can lead to things like this. Most of the time i believe it is a unresponsible amount that was taken by someone who did not take into consideration what they were getting into, or someone who was just looking to get high.

But i dont want to say anything against this person, my heart goes out to his family, it is truly sad, maybe it was laced maybe he was having life problems with family and life on top of it. If one is depressed or not in the best state taking these substances is not the best option.

Most suicides IME are because of depression and life pressures, being picked on and so on, and it really comes with the age, we all deal with it, at different ages through our life and some people are stronger than other, i have had two friends in my life time take there lives, and they were both family related and depression from family pressures.
But idk it is saddening RIP.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

12NEXT