We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
extraction problems (sort of) Options

whitebread420
#1 Posted : 11/15/2011 10:15:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello. I would post this in the a/b section but I'm not allowed to and searching the forums did not give me an answer.

I performed shaggy's jungle tek and yielded about 10 grams of jungle spice. I smoked it and the least i can say is it works great. so i wanted to try and recrystallize a little bit of it with heptane to produce crystals, and the only thing i got was a red oily substance again. i heated both the heptane and the jungle spic in test tubes in a heat bath. i kept everything hot. i washed about 4 times. the brand of heptane i used was bestine rubber cement thinner.

what i got was yellowish crystals to form in solution at first (and i was kinda happy cause it looked like things were going well), but as the solvent evaporated i was left with a red oily substance. any input? should i use naptha next time?

thanks for the help

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AlbertKLloyd
#2 Posted : 11/15/2011 10:18:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what temp is your heat bath at?

you might try putting your red oil into naptha and doing a cold precip of crystals and then you can evap the rest to reclaim that which did not precipitate

whitebread420
#3 Posted : 11/15/2011 10:20:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i would say around 90 degrees ... it wasn't boiling.

Coastal_Shaman
#4 Posted : 11/15/2011 10:28:15 PM

"That Guy"

Hi there, I don't mean to be rude but had you looked at the subforums listings in the welcome area (there are only four of them) you would have seen this sub forum titled "General Extractions Help"... https://www.dmt-nexus.me...t.aspx?g=topics&f=45
Located one sub forum below the one you posted this thread in.. If you have a look in that sub forum of the welcome area you will find the first "Sticky thread" in it is titled "Official Extractions Help Thread"... Here's a link for that one as well.. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...t.aspx?g=posts&t=149
Lots of great info in that one. ^^^
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**