We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
To combine or not? Options

gratefulfloyd
#1 Posted : 11/15/2011 8:56:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So in a month or two I will embark upon my first ayahuasca adventure. I have been reading up different recipes and have a quick question.

I have read in some recipes to combine the Caapi with the Chacruna, while others say to brew them seperately.
I feel as if it would be more efficient to drink the caapi brew first to ensure that enough vine has been consumed.

Opinions?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rjb
#2 Posted : 11/15/2011 9:12:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The only reason of combining the 2 would be the ease of cooking. You just have to deal with one pot. But as far as efficiency goes, making separate teas works better. That's because you'll consume the DMT drink when you are fully inhibited, which makes for a longer trip. This way you also have a margin for error, so to speak Smile

Just my opinion, based on my current knowledge and research.
The truth...lies within.

gratefulfloyd
#3 Posted : 11/15/2011 9:32:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, I was planning on doing 3 boils on each. 500g of each. This way I can store some for later use. Is it possible to just leave it in the freezer? And is 50g of each going to be good for a first time? I am experienced with FB DMT, and have tripped on mushrooms and LSD around 20 times each.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 11/15/2011 11:55:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
It´s better to take the caapi a few seconds or minutes before the chacruna. When the stomach is filled with MAOI´s, your DMT will be best protected against the enzyme.

tigerstrike92
#5 Posted : 11/16/2011 2:12:25 AM

Homo-divinorum

I would probably separate the caapi from the chacruna by at least 10 minutes. (I'm not sure how long it takes for the harmalas to inhibit) but it seems like this is a reasonable amount of time to wait.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

gratefulfloyd
#6 Posted : 11/16/2011 4:44:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is 50g of each a good dose? And can anyone pm me a good source for chacruna thanks Smile

tigerstrike92
#7 Posted : 11/16/2011 10:49:32 PM

Homo-divinorum

50g of chacruna can be anywhere from a normal to a strong dose, I would say go for it.

As for the vine, I would use anywhere from 50-100 grams. If it is your first time with an MAOI, then just use 50.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

gratefulfloyd
#8 Posted : 11/17/2011 5:33:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am going to do 50g of each in separate pots. I am going with Icaros for both products, they have a reputation for high quality and high potency products, even if it is a bit expensive. I will be brewing up 250g of each at a time. This way I can freeze the rest of it for later use.

I am so excited.... since I have no experience with oral MAOI (I have smoked lots of caapi in a session) I will most likely try 50g on its own my first time, if it works with me I may smoke a little fb. The next time I would be drinking the brew. I hope it works on me, I have read that a lot of people get little to no reffects theri first time.

Peace and Thank You

ouro
#9 Posted : 11/17/2011 6:01:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Brewing them separately is convenient because you can tailor the ratio over successive drinks to find a nice sweet spot. Also, chacruna takes much much less time to brew, 2x1hr boils is plenty. Drinking them mixed together has identical potency to spacing them ime. Waiting for harmalas to kick in and then drinking light results in some interesting sensations as the spice kicks in very quickly. 50g chac is what lots of people recommend... 40 leaves of good viridis is a nice moderate dose, I think this is about 40g fresh. P. alba is sometimes called and sold as chacruna and has about half the potency of P viridis. Good luck!