We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca in Vanity Fair Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 11/15/2011 5:58:23 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I think ayahuasca has officially gone mainstream now Laughing

http://www.vanityfair.co...es/2011/12/amazon-201112

They got the basic facts right and the stories were fairly interesting, the writing was decent, but it left me feelling somewhat unfulfilled. All in all I feel its worth the read. What are your thoughts?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 11/15/2011 6:20:11 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Also stumbled across this one:

Mallick: Jungle medicine for drug addiction
http://www.thestar.com/o...icine-for-drug-addiction

Just a short little blurb about the episode of the CBC’s The Nature of Things titled "The Jungle Prescription" premiering on Thursday about Dr. Gabor Maté, the doctor who has been using ayahuasca to treat drug addicts in Vancouver, BC.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

soulthatcreates
#3 Posted : 11/15/2011 8:03:03 AM

simply beautiful

Here is a link to the episode of the Nature of Things: Jungle Prescription

... And a link to an article about Health Canada's response to the documentary...
This, what I'm experiencing now, is a whole new level of my being.

Dream2Awaken
#4 Posted : 11/15/2011 8:26:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard they mention it in a pseudo-child show called Adventure time, and my sister watches this god awful show called Nip Tuck and said they had an episode where the main characters drank aya.... Also is it just me or did it seem like Limitless was a movie about DMT? Except take out all the negative side affects they add in for conflict.
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"

Coastal_Shaman
#5 Posted : 11/15/2011 9:21:56 AM

"That Guy"

dreamer042 wrote:
I think ayahuasca has officially gone mainstream now Laughing

http://www.vanityfair.co...es/2011/12/amazon-201112

They got the basic facts right and the stories were fairly interesting, the writing was decent, but it left me filling somewhat unfulfilled. All in all I feel its worth the read. What are your thoughts?

That was a great read. Took the better part of an hour lol... but great read none the less. I can't wait to see the show from the link above "Nature of Things: Jungle Prescription" this thursday.
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

tele
#6 Posted : 11/15/2011 9:35:19 AM
Explorer

I don't know why(or do I), but I thought to my self "noooo" when I read this topics "headline".Laughing

bemeda
#7 Posted : 11/15/2011 10:09:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the links! I watched the Nature of Things episode, and it was very well-done. I'm from the area, and even got to meet David Suzuki a couple years ago. The man truly seems to know something about EVERYTHING.

The show really made me realize how important the ritual ceremony is. So much build-up, such a ritual of spiritual protection and clear-minded intention, and as well being part of a bonding communal group - quite a safety net. I've had mimosa root bark and syrian rue sitting in my cabinet for almost a year now - probably will never use it as it's far from fresh now. But it's probably for the better - i would have brewed it up on my stove and sipped it alone in my room on some random Saturday night. Perhaps I'll put a trip to Peru on my to-do list.

The Vanity Fair article was quite a read. I skimmed parts - hilarious story about the guy sneaking into the Great Pyramid of Giza with a bottle of ayahuasca that was boiled out of his underwear after he spilled it. He brings bag with him to puke into - which he does - and in front of Cheops' sarcophogus, deep within the pyramid, he sits on his puke-bag, bursting and spilling it all over his pants. It seems the man can't keep that damn ayahuasca out of his fuckin undies!

Also entertaining was essentially hearing a trip report written by a Vanity Fair writer.
"I wonder idly, given the strong prohibition against sexual activity before and after the ayahuasca experience—not to say during—whether it is possible to manage the act at all. I attempt to imagine a situation, circumstances, favorable to arousal. I get no help from the visions, but have the sense, though I’ve no hard evidence to back it, that sexual activity is possible, if challenging, given adequate quantities of mouthwash."

Global
#8 Posted : 11/15/2011 4:41:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I think it's awesome that Haynes actually managed to drink ayahuasca in the great pyramid. It's something that I feel I can only dream of. Then again, I also feel like I've had visions that have teleported me to such a pyramid with Pharaohs galore, but alas I would be most intrigued to see how the pyramid might really facilitate some of the higher dimensional aspects of the experience.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

tobecomeone00
#9 Posted : 11/17/2011 7:20:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dUDE, I went and saw harold and kumar today, and there was a trailer with jennifer aniston, and it actually had a scene where they drink ayahuasc! Infortunately, she climbs a tree, convinced she can fly and almost falls...how F****** annoying is that? lol
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

Parshvik Chintan
#10 Posted : 11/17/2011 7:37:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tobecomeone00 wrote:
dUDE, I went and saw harold and kumar today, and there was a trailer with jennifer aniston, and it actually had a scene where they drink ayahuasc! Infortunately, she climbs a tree, convinced she can fly and almost falls...how F****** annoying is that? lol

"You never see a positive drug story on the news. They always have the same LSD story. You've all seen it: "Today a young man on acid … thought he could fly … jumped out of a building … what a tragedy!" What a dick. He's an idiot. If he thought he could fly, why didn't he take off from the ground first? Check it out? You don't see geese lined up to catch elevators to fly south; they fly from the fucking ground. He's an idiot. He's dead. Good! We lost a moron? Fucking celebrate. There's one less moron in the world." - obligatory bill hicks joke.

also when has hollywood ever realisticly portrayed any kind of inebriation?
they can't even do coke realistically even though 40% of the people on set have coke on-hand at all times.

also its a conspiracy!(always)
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." - William Colby

My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

tele
#11 Posted : 11/17/2011 10:13:16 AM
Explorer

tobecomeone00 wrote:

One of the most effective ways to brainwash people away from hallucinogens. Media.