We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Beyond DMT, using DMT as a starting point Options

crakkbakk
#1 Posted : 11/24/2008 4:59:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If one were to use extracted DMT in a starting point, what do you think could be done?

Many tryptamines are based off of the DMT molecule, like mushrooms 4-HO-DMT, 4-aco-dmt (which converts into 4-HO-DMT in your body), and other tryptamines.

What do you think?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

extrememetal43
#2 Posted : 11/30/2008 4:36:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Id like to kno too even tho with dmt u already got the cream of the crop! dmt blows everything away but a cool thought to turn that dmt into other stuff! Is it possible?

extrememetal43
#3 Posted : 11/30/2008 4:57:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

OK using no real chemistry knowledge lets try to get an understanding here.

Usin the spirit molecules molecule diagrams I'l try to see the difference between them.

It says DMT is tryptamine with two methyl groups added. so to get tryptamine from dmt i guess remove the two methyl groups. I guess figure out how chemists remove methyl groups.

Serotonin is tryptamine with an added Oxygen. how do chemists add an oxygen to a molecule.

Now these two arent psychedelics but lets see if we can go further!

Psilocin is dmt with an added oxygen! thats it chemically seems simple like it would be one step. Getting psilocin from dmt would be incredible and all you gotta do is an add oxygen. But how the hell do you do that?

5-meo-dmt differs from dmt with an added methyl group and an added oxygen!

OK well theres a start so to you chemists how do you add or remove methyl groups or these Oxygens?

extrememetal43
#4 Posted : 11/30/2008 5:10:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

OK i got as far as looking up methyl groups on wikipedia and looking into the SN2 reaction and it lost me. That shit looks difficult...it would take a month to look up every chemistry term i didnt understand.

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 11/30/2008 11:56:04 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Something like adding "oxygens" or more precise hydroxyl groups to selective positions around the indole ring of dmt to make bufo or psilocin is something very very difficult if not impossible to achieve via synthesis in organic chemistry.

It is difficult for chemists to precisely control where any extra groups are added on the dmt, let along trying to "stick" them on a fairly chemically inert indolic ring!

Maybe a molecular biology approach using purified enzymes to catalyse the respective reactions on dmt could work but I do not really know. Enzymes are very selective as to the reactions they catalyse and this is to our advantage. But which could these enzymes be? they need to be characterised in bufotenine-, psilocin- and 5-meo- containing plants before they are of any use.

So, as far as crakkbakk's first question is concerned, more or less nothing could be further done with the extracted dmt. Just smoke it and let your friends smoke it as well.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

burnt
#6 Posted : 12/1/2008 5:27:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Using DMT itself would be a waste. There are much cheaper precursors available to make compounds chemically similar to dmt. For example indole or tryptophan or tryptamine.

lowjackal
#7 Posted : 12/13/2008 6:07:15 PM

PuddinTane

If anymore than Dr. Shuglin synthesized can be made, he'd of done it with the DEA hot on his heels, he'd of done it.
That man is a chemical god. I'd pray to him but I dont want to impose.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

shoe
#8 Posted : 12/15/2008 12:58:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Using DMT itself would be a waste. There are much cheaper precursors available to make compounds chemically similar to dmt. For example indole or tryptophan or tryptamine.

swim looked into making tryptophan and tryptamine into interesting precursors, unfortunately the reactions are very difficult. swim also looked into obtaining an enzyme which'd do the bulk of the work for him. Unfortunately it hasn't been isolated, or if it has (it is named.) [something like 2,3 tryptaminereductase] it certainly isn't available for general purchase.

a long and difficult road here, methinx.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

burnt
#9 Posted : 12/16/2008 2:24:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Getting enzymes to make fine chemicals on a large scale is difficult and requires lots of experience with culturing and incubating organisms and enzymes.

Quote:
SWIM looked into making tryptophan and tryptamine into interesting precursors, unfortunately the reactions are very difficult.

Its not like making a cake but is less expensive then using dmt. anyway synth isn't something we want to discuss on this board so ill drop this conversation Pleased

benzyme
#10 Posted : 12/16/2008 4:04:28 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

i concur

as far as manipulating the molecule itself, one would need to protect the indolic nitrogen before trying to add things to the aryl ring (nothing fantastically difficult, just something to think about). it really exceeds the scope of kitchen chemistry
and adding anything to the indole nitrogen (save N-Oxide) would likely render the molecule inactive.
trying to add things to the terminal amine group is what's really tricky, as it tends to cyclize easily, forming a beta-carboline.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

moracca
#11 Posted : 12/23/2008 3:00:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it has been said that adding various tryptamines (ie dmt) to certain psychedelic mushroom substrates has the effect of "4-hydroxylating" the trypt that was added. in this case, giving us 4-ho-dmt, or psilocin. link: http://www.cognitivelibe...g/shulgin/blg/index.html

notapillow
#12 Posted : 12/24/2008 4:19:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

lowjackal wrote:
If anymore than Dr. Shuglin synthesized can be made, he'd of done it with the DEA hot on his heels, he'd of done it.
That man is a chemical god. I'd pray to him but I dont want to impose.

shulgin is part of the bohemian club

by the byShocked

benzyme
#13 Posted : 12/25/2008 1:12:17 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

moracca wrote:
it has been said that adding various tryptamines (ie dmt) to certain psychedelic mushroom substrates has the effect of "4-hydroxylating" the trypt that was added. in this case, giving us 4-ho-dmt, or psilocin. link: http://www.cognitivelibe...g/shulgin/blg/index.html

yeah, theoretically

unfortunately, no one has ever been able to reproduce the results of [Gartz et al.], so the theory is inconclusive.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

sentient
#14 Posted : 2/12/2009 12:18:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW!! .......Any of you super-chemists want to take on an Apprentice?

I am in fact a compulsive liar. Anything I say should be regarded as delusional ramblings, and are 100% fictional.

antrocles
#15 Posted : 3/3/2009 5:15:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm with Sentient. i bow to you chemistry gurus' knowledge!!

...i KNEW i shoulda paid more attention back in high school chemistry.....
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

crakkbakk
#16 Posted : 3/21/2009 12:36:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think if you had some DMT lying around "to waste," you could throw it in some shroom spores and see if you make some super-shrooms.

Observant
#17 Posted : 3/21/2009 1:00:39 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

That would sure be some wasted Spice Wink
I am going to see Jochen Gartz in a few Weeks ,
I think I'll ask about that mushroom doping technique Pleased

What I am looking for is natural alien Tryptamines , where one can in the best
case , use the source Plant as Substrate for the Mushroom.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing