We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Colo. boys arrested for allegedly running drug lab near school Options

actualfactual
#1 Posted : 11/12/2011 3:34:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
BROOMFIELD, Co. - Two Colorado brothers were arrested Thursday on the suspicion that they were running a drug lab near an elementary school.

CBS station KCNC reports that Kyle Clouse, 18, and his 16-year-old brother were caught after police responded to an attempted shoplifting call. According to the police press release, the boys were trying to take kitchen utensils from a grocery store to make Dimethyltryptaminem commonly known as DMT..

At a home near Emerald Elementary school, police found evidence the boys had tried to make the potent drug, but police found no proof of a finished product.

Clouse and his brother were released, pending charges.

The Denver Post explains that DMT is a Schedule 1 drug, meaning it can be used only as medicine or in scientific research. It is a hallucinogen typically used to lace marijuana. When it in inhaled, it can create powerful experiences. It is usually smoked, and goes by the street names Spice, Dimitri, Fatasia, and Businessman's Lunch.

source @ http://www.cbsnews.com/8...ng-drug-lab-near-school/

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

VoidTraveler
#2 Posted : 11/12/2011 5:43:34 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

That is so incredibly stupid. First of all, these kids were probably way too young to be making and/or smoking DMT. If you're unable to make responsible decisions and start stealing kitchen utensils to make DMT you just don't get it. Second, if you're going to be making a substances that's considered illegal in your country, one should not commit crimes while doing so. It attractd unwanted attention and can lead to this: being arrested and more serious accusations will be made.

I understand that these kids most likely did it with all the right intentions and that their youthly innocence got them into trouble. I feel for them because this is not what they bargained for. I hope they'll get released because no finished product was found and it'll all turn out ok.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

Coastal_Shaman
#3 Posted : 11/12/2011 5:53:59 PM

"That Guy"

Sounds like a foolish mistake either way, hopefully they don't get charged for possessing their supply material's weight in dmt like some other people have been in the past..
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

BananaForeskin
#4 Posted : 11/12/2011 6:25:13 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

There seem to be a few errors in that article...
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

VoidTraveler
#5 Posted : 11/12/2011 6:32:37 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

BananaForeskin wrote:
There seem to be a few errors in that article...

Of course there are mistakes in it. What they write about DMT is completely wrong but most people don't want to know what DMT is. They just scream "Drugs are bad mmkay!" and for them every drug is the same as injecting heroin into your bloodstream. That's how anti-drug propaganda works.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

tele
#6 Posted : 11/12/2011 8:00:16 PM
Explorer

Those little idiots!

۩
#7 Posted : 11/12/2011 8:03:41 PM

LOL They can't even spell dimethyltryptamine!

MeatMachine
#8 Posted : 11/12/2011 9:13:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jesus, what kitchen utensils do you need for DMT? All I have is a bottle, a cup and a turkey baster, costing a total of like, £2.50 o__O

Also judging from the comments, most people haven't taken this too seriously Smile

The Day Tripper
#9 Posted : 11/12/2011 9:20:21 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
"The Denver Post explains that DMT is a Schedule 1 drug, meaning it can be used only as medicine or in scientific research."

As if, it can ONLY be used in scientific research if all the right hoops are jumped through, no one is legally getting dmt as medicine.

I sure wish i could get me some medicinal psychedelics though, Laughing Laughing Laughing
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

great_blue
#10 Posted : 11/12/2011 9:34:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

they still might get charged with "intent" or "conspiracy" to manufacture a controlled substance.. better hope that judge slaps em on the wrist.. and yeah, committing a crime to try and complete another was not the brightest of ideas..
All posts by great_blue are fictitious in nature and for entertainment purposes only. In no way does the author condone or support illegal activity in any way shape or form, anytime or anywhere. If it's illegal, don't do it!

smokerx
#11 Posted : 11/12/2011 10:00:48 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

great_blue wrote:
and yeah, committing a crime to try and complete another was not the brightest of ideas..

That exactly
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

deadlight
#12 Posted : 11/12/2011 10:23:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hahahahah buisnusman's trip not buisnusmans lunch xD makes it sound like suits munch on nndmt with their coffee in the park

d*l*b
#13 Posted : 11/12/2011 11:46:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting that they have picked up on the name spice for it. This is the first time I have seen spice referred to when not talking about smoking mixes containing synthetic cannabinoids. Maybe this is where they are getting the "commonly used to lace marijuana" bit from, or that it was (I’ve heard) a common practice in past decades?

Time to create a new, rather more funny name for them to put in the news?
D × V × F > R

DoctorMantus
#14 Posted : 11/13/2011 5:10:50 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Was it really used to lace cannabis? i had never heard of it typically being used that way, but i could be wrong.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

DoctorMantus
#15 Posted : 11/13/2011 5:14:56 AM

Lmao the businessman's lunch that is clever never heard the term though.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

nen888
#16 Posted : 11/13/2011 5:20:11 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Doctor Mantus wrote:
Quote:
..we have the late Tim Leary and Playboy magazine (60s) to thank for that one, although he actually said that there was a psychedelic so fast acting that buisinessmen could do it in their lunch breaks..

the unfortunate colo boys seem not fully mature enough to be undertaking such an alleged extraction..this kind of media report brings it to the attention of teenagers, giving the least accurate, out of date misinformation...

DoctorMantus
#17 Posted : 11/13/2011 5:34:08 AM

nen888 wrote:
Doctor Mantus wrote:
Quote:
..we have the late Tim Leary and Playboy magazine (60s) to thank for that one, although he actually said that there was a psychedelic so fast acting that buisinessmen could do it in their lunch breaks..

Lol thats very cool didn't know that, now i do Smile
— Terence McKenna

tony
#18 Posted : 11/13/2011 11:57:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"..running a drug lab near an elementary school.."

it's funny how the media have to add completely irrelevant information to sensationalize the story. i have a school near my house too, in fact most people (at least in scotland) are within 10 minutes of a school. it has no bearing on the story whatsoever, the only reason they put it in there (and used the term "drug lab" to describe a couple of bottles and a turkey baster) was to conjure up ideas of a meth lab blowing up and killing all the children... WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! Very happy
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

BananaForeskin
#19 Posted : 11/13/2011 12:04:34 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

PhOG wrote:
"..running a drug lab near an elementary school.."

it's funny how the media have to add completely irrelevant information to sensationalize the story. i have a school near my house too, in fact most people (at least in scotland) are within 10 minutes of a school. it has no bearing on the story whatsoever, the only reason they put it in there (and used the term "drug lab" to describe a couple of bottles and a turkey baster) was to conjure up ideas of a meth lab blowing up and killing all the children... WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! Very happy

Or they could've planned on pushing it to the pre-pubescent crowd.
Through the fence:
"Hey kid, got a vaporizer? I'll trade you some of this for your sandwich and two baseball cards."

They could've scraped together enough for some movie tickets, working that beat.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

d*l*b
#20 Posted : 11/13/2011 4:10:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DoctorMantus wrote:
Was it really used to lace cannabis? i had never heard of it typically being used that way, but i could be wrong.

Quote:
This article by Leary and Metzner caused a wave of interest in DMT among many in the counterculture. About this time came the discovery that DMT evaporated onto oregano, parsley leaves or marijuana and then smoked could produce effects similar to those from injections, except that they occurred almost immediately and disappeared more rapidly. ([108], p. 315)

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_writings2.shtml
Referencing: Peter Stafford - Psychedelics Encyclopedia (Erowid link, PDF download available)
D × V × F > R

12NEXT