We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings Options

dazai
#1 Posted : 11/11/2011 7:41:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone.

I've been reading the forum for a little while and I'd like to join your community.

I went to Burning Man for the first time this year. I am in a transitional period in my life. I think BM was attractive to me for many reasons but one it is truly the only thing that I have done entirely on my own. My best friend later decided to come and it's been great to see his life change along with me. That journey that started months ago is still continuing (as I hope it does from here on out) and I don't think I need a whole lot of explanation for why I'm here.

I'm still figuring that out.

Cheers.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 11/11/2011 8:19:59 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Welcome to the nexus dazai Very happy

Burning man certainly is a life changing experience, I'm haapi to see your path has led you to our little corner of the cyber-verse. Kick off your shoes and have a look around the place, you'll find a wealth of great information and lots of amazing new friends here.

A good place to start is the FAQ and the Wiki. Have you had the honor of experiencing the molecule yet? and/or do you have much other experience with psychedelics? (I know BM is quite the mind altering experience in and of itself). I certainly look forward to hearing moar about you and your adventures.

<3
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Lil_Rainbow
#3 Posted : 11/11/2011 10:37:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ooooh a Burner! How cool.

I am UK based but for years I have wanted
to go to BM. There is a chance I might be able to next year.

How would you say it is a life chancing experience? Is it the survival aspect of it or just the whole everything?
I am very keen to get to know more about it from
someone that has been lucky enough to go =)

LR x

dazai
#4 Posted : 11/13/2011 3:50:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Lil Rainbow,

It was a life changing experience in many ways; however, I would say it was the vehicle or context that I needed to express how I was already changing or wanting to change. I have just graduated college, I'm starting to look for what's next and realizing that I really can do many things with enough motivation. The survival aspect was actually I would say the easiest.

I researched BM a little after I was disinterested in any music festivals going on and I knew a couple of my friends had been and were going. The more I read and watched and listened and asked, the more I was really intrigued by it. After getting my ticket things haven't been the same. Immediately I started looking for things like a bike, water containers, etc. I was able to get a lot of things for free or at no cost by simply keeping my eye out, asking the community around me, and learning how to say thank you. Somebody who happend to live up the street simply gifted me an awesome bike. That I would say is something I definitely learned from burning - but pay it forward. Learn to give and receive. I attended a regional burn before the big one which only made me more excited and gave me a better idea on how to make it happen. As far as surviving on the playa.. that is easy - but we were well prepared (I had 60 gallons of water and used about 20 if even that).

It has taught me to embrace possibility. I now am not shy or afraid (as much) to say yes, to explore new things, and opportunities, even if it's as simple as as giving somebody a ride who needs it.

I would encourage it for most people. Check out a regional first to meet the people because they are what make it happen.

Pandora
#5 Posted : 11/13/2011 4:02:15 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi dazai,

Welcome to the Nexus. I have heard a lot of neat things about BM.

So, have you tried DMT yet? If so, smoked or oral and how was it? Any other entheogens or was BM your only introduction to so-called mind-expansion.

Again, welcome.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

dazai
#6 Posted : 11/13/2011 4:37:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Pandora,

No I have yet to try DMT, though it has intrigued me. At BM I tried LSD for the first time and mushrooms (on separate days) - though I ate the peanut and butter and jelly and 'shroom fajita more because I wanted a snack than anything else (he told me they were in there but I didn't really processes it until I realized I was quite pleasantly feeling a sense of adventure a little while after). That turned out into a lovely afternoon. I felt mushrooms were very smooth going up and coming down, and fully sober by the evening.

I'm not the first to say it but my time with LSD was really interesting. I was with two experienced friends and a new-found one, and we adventured through the night and into the morning (at one point 'mollygaggin' around town on MDMA). It was hysterical, pensive and surreal at times, hilarious (talking to undercover cops), paranoid (later when thinking everyone was an undercover), and just bizarre.

I'm interested in DMT although I think it will be a little while before I can attempt extraction and feel like I vaguely know what I'm doing and be prepared to ingest.