We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Political Movements in College Options

InfiniteFacticity
#1 Posted : 11/10/2011 7:52:15 PM

just curious

Hello all,

So I was talking to a like-minded friend and they mentioned that they are trying to open a chapter of Students for Sensible Drug Policy at our school.

I think this is a great start, but I would love to hear any idea or insights about ways to raise awareness and consciousness on campus.

Even if you're not a student, please share your thoughts.

Best,
IF

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ice
#2 Posted : 11/11/2011 6:28:06 PM
silently awaiting

I don't really know a good answer to this. I only know to not follow the examples of the hardcore preachers calling all of us students masturbating, fornicating, demoralized drug addicts. Pleased

I think I would start off making a small website with helpful information, links to more information, maybe explaining what you are trying to do, etc. I would also add a place for feedback, maybe where people that were interested could send their email to be notified of updates, gatherings, whatever.
Flyers should be everywhere. Maybe informational packets could be given out. I really don't know.

The information should be unbiased and objective. It should also be stated that the point of this group is not to do drugs, but to spread knowledge and to open up people's minds.

I'm sure thereare more creative ideas. This is a delicate subject, and I'm not really sure what the best method of approach would be. I think starting this group is on the right track. The only thing you can do is try, trial and error.

Honestly the way that I try to contribute to this movement is to just talk to people. Drugs come up a lot in conversation for some reason, and Iuse this time to drop truth and try to rid people of their misconceptions. The fact that Idon't look like a drug addict also helps people take me a little more seriously. I provide sources to my information. I tell them my personal experiences. I'm also trying to progress in my life which I think shows. I try to answer questions, and best of all... I offer them the chance to try it if they seem interested, Pleased

I may be a little too transparent about my drug use, but I think it is necessary.
We are...
We are like that sentence.
We are not finished.