We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question re: music and the carrier wave.... Options

quantagy
#1 Posted : 11/9/2011 2:16:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed an uncanny similarity between the frequency of the carrier wave I've experienced when I've broken through, and the all pervading buzzing like sound present when one is striking a gong. I've also heard this sound played in the background of many hindu chants.

Does anyone have any info or resources regarding the nature of this frequency and how its been accessed/incorporated into music. I imagine there is a mathamatical/music theory-like law at play between these two things, I'm just curious if anyone knows more...

Thanks..
"We're all in this together, by ourselves." --Lily Tomlin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#2 Posted : 11/9/2011 2:28:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

One way buzzing sounds can be created is when two or more frequencies that are typically close together are sort of competing with each other. It can also be created through the intense and close repetition of vibrating membranes such as the case with the gong.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Finite
#3 Posted : 11/9/2011 4:51:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure what the term "carrier wave" means exactly, but I am assuming you just mean the sound you hear as you enter the DMT trip?

Over the past few years, I've begun to "hear" different frequencies of sounds that seem to emanate from my brain - especially on certain chemicals. Sometimes I'm not on anything. I always assumed it was some sort of feedback loop overflowing into the auditory circuit from nearby receptors that are experiencing lots of activity. Perhaps the "electron spin resonance" brought up by McKenna in one of his books (Invisible Landscape?).

thatmentat
#4 Posted : 11/10/2011 3:24:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is purely personal opinion, but I do create music, frequencies, and sound construction for my music, so...

My understanding of the frequency is that it is an audible experience of a universal energy wave. It's acoustic make up is similar to "sub bass" in the various forms of bass music and dance music, just far more complex and far more powerful. It is the audible manifestation of part of the intertwining energy/consciousness fractal that makes up our existence.

Also this: The Sound The Universe Makes

"We can build an ark of written words, and be resurrected, if the data is recorded."