We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Shpongle Live in Concert Oakland 2011 [Full Concert HD] Options

astral-lark
#1 Posted : 11/3/2011 12:29:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

First, many thanks and good vibes to Simon, Raj, and the entire live crew for coming together once again and bringing the full show to the USA! Major props for doing the two shows on opposite coasts one after the other, and I can only imagine the logistical hassle and physical strains of getting everything and everyone from NYC to Oakland and ready again in twenty hours. If I could hug you right now, I would. Without you guys I wouldn't have seen you, and I wouldn't have any videos to better preserve the memory.

Here's a playlist if you care to watch them all in order or at once without much interruption.

And single links:

Ineffable Mysteries
Shpongolese Spoken Here
Museums of Consciousness
Dorset Perception
Periscopes of Consciousness & Schmaltz Herring
Nothing is Something Worth Doing
When Shall I Be Free? & The Stamen of the Shamen
No Turn Un-Stoned
I Am You
Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
Electroplasm
Divine Moments of Truth
My Head Feels Like a Frisbee
Beija Flor
Around the World in a Tea Daze

I take credit only for the camera work. The awesomeness that you see within belongs to Simon, Raj, and their many performers. Hopefully you guys enjoy them as mementos if you went, and if you didn't, I hope that they show reasonably well what Shpongle Live in Concert is all about. Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 11/3/2011 2:32:00 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Awesome! Thank you so much! Very happy
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

TimeStamp12
#3 Posted : 11/3/2011 10:42:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

amazing astral-lark,

you are a gentleman and a saint! lol. very much appreciate being able to still get a glimpse into this wondrous show

astral-lark
#4 Posted : 11/3/2011 10:55:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad you guys enjoy the videos. Very happy

The videos don't capture the entire experience (even with the hypothetical advent of smell-o-vision capable cameras it still wouldn't capture everything!), but, it's a little look, a taste, a dabble if you will. I look forward to them coming back to the States, but, if I can't wait that long or they simply cannot do it and I have the funds available, I will fly overseas to see the guys again. Cool

I hope that anyone here that wanted to go to either of the shows this past weekend but wasn't able to, in addition to those who now want to go and see them, is able to do so at the next available opportunity.

dg
#5 Posted : 11/4/2011 2:07:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

SOO much better than the couple clips i took, thanks so very much Smile

oden
#6 Posted : 11/5/2011 10:10:42 PM

odin the one

lark..thank you for thr share..outstanding..for going out of your way to post this

astralspice
#7 Posted : 11/5/2011 11:57:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

woww! thats very nice of you to take a lil out of your shpongle experience by filming the entire event to share with everyone here....is there any way to download? ....that crazy ''slinky creature'' was bad ass during sphonglese spoken.....i really hope they recorded another dvd during this tour
REALITY 5.0

soulthatcreates
#8 Posted : 11/6/2011 6:34:53 AM

simply beautiful

THANK YOU Soo much! So glad i decided to take the plunge and go see this spectacle! What an amazing show.... I've been to a lot of different types of music shows and this was by far the most epic, entertaining and amazing! I'm gonna go watch them all and relive it all over again Very happy

This, what I'm experiencing now, is a whole new level of my being.

Overstand
#9 Posted : 11/6/2011 8:14:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you astral-lark. Great work
“We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations.”
-Anais Nin

PrimateSphinx
#10 Posted : 11/7/2011 12:22:24 AM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

nice stuff, to bad I cant crawl inside that youtube video and relive it all again. by the way anyone else get one of those awesome but now forever-out-of-context neon running hats raja ram was throwing out? use mine when I drum now. awww yeah
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

MindRider
#11 Posted : 11/7/2011 6:31:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome concert.. I was there. Beautiful theater too with those giant Buddha statues. Those eyes were gleaming all night. The sound system could have been better thou.

wabkia
#12 Posted : 11/7/2011 7:38:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Way cool! The show was great wasn't it! I kept smelling our friend but I couldn't find anyone doing it. I'd really like to know how people are sneaking it in at shows Razz

The sound was awful but I didn't care. DMT(the song) was absolutely sublime Very happy

MindRider
#13 Posted : 11/7/2011 7:53:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had shrooms...and of course my sense of smell was 500X. I would close my eyes and follow the smell to get to a good place( people-wise) and I did smell the molecule. SO I wasn't wrong! I saw many puffs going up as Raja started his flute....and that unforgettable smell.

Loved Outersect too.

wabkia
#14 Posted : 11/8/2011 7:02:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh yes sir. I was like a shark to blood in water but I still couldn't find it. I'd like to know the techniques. By the way, that theater is INSANE! So beautiful! I'd really like to melt into one of those seats Very happy

PrimateSphinx
#15 Posted : 11/8/2011 7:12:18 PM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

I saw plenty of people taking spice rips and falling back into their friends arms which I thought was a great idea because i couldn't imagine standing in a crowd whilst in a dmt trip. It was offered to me but being on 40-50mg of bees and 2g of shrooms I thought better of it. I was having the most colorful and complex visuals i had ever seen (outside the spice realm of course) so I think it would've destroyed me if I had.
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed