We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
THE JUREMA WAY - join us! Certificate and card now downloadable... Options

ohayoco
#1 Posted : 11/22/2008 10:39:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[[EDITED UPDATE:
We are a faith initially formed in the hope of improving the chance of arguing a case based on grounds of religious freedom, for the many of us who were in any case already working with DMT as a spiritual tool.

-"The Jurema Way" is our name.
-"Do as you will when it harms no other" is our ethical code.
-DMT is our sacrament. Hyperspace is our place of worship.
-There's no spiritual dogma: individuals develop their spirituality through the molecule, and any other source they find helpful.
-Extracters and brewers are all welcome: members should follow the method of ingestion that spiritually calls to them.
-We have no 'priests', no hierarchy, just fellow journeyers each with valuable experiences, insights and ideas to share.
-To help the legal case with regard to diversion, members are asked not to sell the sacrament nor give it away in any non-spiritual context.
-The certificate of membership and wallet-sized membership card can be downloaded below. Please leave a comment to say that you've joined so that we can keep track of numbers.

With the membership card, it may or may not be advisable to carry this around, depending on what country you're in. It may be prudent to only carry it on you when you're carrying sacrament, perhaps stashed in the same place so that it's only found if the sacrament is found.

Welcome to The Jurema Way!

Original post below]]

ohayoco, original post wrote:
ohayoco wrote:
My foaf hereby founds... The Way of Nexus!
DMT is our sacrament and method of worship.
Our ethical rudder is 'If it harms no other, do as you will'.
We have no other dogma- just embrace the molecule.
Who wants to join? Smile

This is an offshoot from Coatl's religious freedom idea. This religion caters for extracted DMT because his religion deals only with botanicals. If you would like to join, please leave a comment!
An official form will be made in due course, to be attached here and to be printed out by you, signed, and kept in your possession in the hopefully unlikely event that you ever fall foul of the law, to prove that smoking DMT is your religious right. Membership is open to all good people- anyone who commits to the minimum requirement of following the one rule, 'if it harms none, do as you will'.
The name is, of course, a tribute to this wonderful site, though the religion in no way officially affiliated. Is it ok with you Traveler to use the word Nexus? Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

travinski
#2 Posted : 11/22/2008 10:55:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

not tryin to bash anyone at all but the first thing that came to mind is joe rogan's rant where he said " smoke dmt and join my cult mother fucker" not trying to offend anyone but im the kind of guy that doesnt take anything too serious
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

ohayoco
#3 Posted : 11/22/2008 11:02:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That's fine dude. If you ever get busted we'll be happy to sort you out with an emergency induction still, all we need to be recognised is enough numbers. It's no cult- not for profit whatsoever. No dogma, nothing about it except what's written above, and members are free to believe in whatever and whoever they like. Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 11/23/2008 12:07:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM is interested!
it's a sound

travinski
#5 Posted : 11/23/2008 12:11:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey i didnt say i wasnt interested i just said thats the first thing that popped into my head lol. how many people u need? isnt it like 70?
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

DMTripper
#6 Posted : 11/23/2008 12:21:29 AM

John Murdoch IV

I'll join your crazy cult Very happy heheheh.

No seriously we should be able to do what ever doesn't harm others. And DMT only has good effects in society.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

lysergic
#7 Posted : 11/23/2008 2:43:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Count me in.

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 11/23/2008 3:00:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

what if you called it 'The Way Into the Nexus'

because that has a bit more of a dmt feel to it

haha sorry if its a horrible idea
it's a sound

travinski
#9 Posted : 11/23/2008 3:32:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

can we drink aya instead of the crazy cult koolaid that kills you?

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 11/23/2008 3:40:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

haha sweet
it's a sound

ohayoco
#11 Posted : 11/23/2008 4:29:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool, what a response! 'The Way into the Nexus' is good too! Or 'The Hyperspace Way'? I was just thinking of 'The Peyote Way' when I thought up a name.

Yeah, it can be for ayahuasca drinkers too, the point of it was to have something that also endorsed smoking, because the established ones don't endorse that. The smoking needs to be part of the central practice of worship for it to be deemed essential, so maybe members are allowed to drink instead if they don't want to smoke for health reasons (as long as you drink LOADS Pleased ). I have no idea how many people we need... the idea is that we grow and grow, as much as possible, then get accredited however that works when we're big enough, and then one day if one of us poor sods gets busted, wham! The religious freedom campaign starts... maybe we'll make some history. So far we are... 5, sweet!

With the recent religious freedom successes, and the health benefits being compiled here, and the safety of DMT, and the Brazilian government's studies condoning ayahuasca, and the respectful intelligence here that I'm sure would be shown by our members... I think this is really worthwhile.

Maybe the courts will say that you have to meet up to be a religion (in their narrow minded view of the world), but we can counter that by saying that we're forced underground by the wrongful illegality of our sacrament, so must worship solitarily to avoid persecution. Think priests hiding in their priest-holes in medieval Europe, that's us!

'Coatl
#12 Posted : 11/23/2008 5:52:23 AM

Teotzlcoatl

This is excellent, I really love what your doing!

While my Church/Temple only advocates botanicals due to our beliefs, I fully and completely support all entheogenic religions or spiritual ideas.

If you find it acceptale, I would love to join your church as well.

Quote:
Think priests hiding in their priest-holes in medieval Europe, that's us!

Wait... so I'm not the only one that feels like that?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Noman
#13 Posted : 11/23/2008 6:00:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aww. Shit.
I thought you guys would be going to war.
Now that would prove it a religion in the gubbinit's eyes.
I kid, best of luck with the whole thing.

'Coatl
#14 Posted : 11/23/2008 6:03:42 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:

No, we are not the fools our fathers were.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Entropymancer
#15 Posted : 11/23/2008 6:54:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I hope no one is under the impression that belonging to this 'church' will help them avoid/overcome presecution in the event of DMT-related arrest. It won't. The religious freedom act is very narrowly defined, and this does not meet the criteria.

Other than that, sounds like a nice idea.

ohayoco
#16 Posted : 11/23/2008 12:02:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome new members!

'Coatl wrote:

If you find it acceptale, I would love to join your church as well.
Quote:
Think priests hiding in their priest-holes in medieval Europe, that's us!

Wait... so I'm not the only one that feels like that?

Haha, it's not my foaf's, it's everyone's. You're welcome dude, of course! My foaf'll join your cactus chapter, slong as it's free Pleased

Noman wrote:
Aww. Shit.
Now that would prove it a religion in the gubbinit's eyes.
I kid, best of luck with the whole thing.

Great idea! Let's do it! Pleased (Joking too, better be clear on that!)

Entropymancer wrote:
I hope no one is under the impression that belonging to this 'church' will help them avoid/overcome presecution in the event of DMT-related arrest. It won't. The religious freedom act is very narrowly defined, and this does not meet the criteria.

Can you elaborate further on how it works please? The religious freedom act isn't even relevent where my particular foaf is, anyway, this is more for the future. The rousing legal speech was more looking towards a day when governments will be forced to deal with fundamental human rights, and I personally agree, for now priests still belong in their priest-holes, without drawing attention to themselves, although what anyone else does is their decision. But if one ever gets caught, one may as well try, whether it meets the criteria or not. It's much better than just saying "Yes, I'm sorry, I really am the evil within society just as you say I am". Of course, you're free if that day ever came to take a harder stance that all drugs should be legal, but that's a far more alarming area for the authorities, so if DMT is spiritual in any way for you, claiming your ethical religious right is probably a more acceptable course to the spoilsports in power. Besides, we'll get cool certificates to put up on our walls.

And it's for solidarity, like female solidarity with the sufragettes, the Jews and other once oppressed minority faiths, black solidarity in the 60s, then Indian (Gandhi) and other independence movements, then homosexual, then disabled... is there any other minority that is still oppressed, still imprisoned just for doing their thing without hurting anyone else, or are entheogen users the only ones left?

Infundibulum
#17 Posted : 11/23/2008 12:45:57 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Another good idea!

But only as a joke. I swear to eat my hat if one manages to get approval for establishing an official religion that uses a Schedule I substance as a sacrament. After that, I'll move to the US and join the church, hahahaha

Now seriously, it is doable, but very very difficult. I bet the modern US legislators must have made it that difficult simply because such establishments are viewed as a way of "shielding" or "protecting" its members from federal laws should they use scheduled substances.

It really takes some huge balls (and possibly some hypocrisy) to write a documentation/proposal for that church that does not cry out: We wanna smoke dmt and not get arrested. The Temple of the True Inner Light is using DPT, but this is legal in US (or it cannot get easily wound up due to some Analogues Act). I bet that if DET or DMT were legal they would use them as well as their sacraments

Whatever makes it difficult for the Temple of the True Inner Light to convince the government that the have the right to use dmt in their practices is going to be the exact same thing that will prevent the Nexus Way church to use dmt.

I believe that it is far more effective to try to legalize dmt, using methodologies similar to those used by the Legalize Marijuana movements. The problem with that is that we reveal ourselves out and practically shout "DMT" to everyone's ear, thus revealing the mantle of underground safety that keeps things acceptably fine so far.

If dmt ever makes it in the to-look-for/to-arrest-for agenda of law enforcement officers, then I would go out to a pro-dmt protest. But I have a feeling that just as with Salvia, it will never be a big issue to the society.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Entropymancer
#18 Posted : 11/23/2008 5:11:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

First, the religion has to be an established and recongized one. The definitions there are pretty flimsy; if a church hasn't been around long enough, it's generally considered a cult. If it doesn't have regular congregations/services attended by practicioners, then it's not apt to be recognized as being an established church either.

Secondly, the religious freedoms restoration act (RFRA) only applies to practices which are demonstrably inseperable from the religious practice. This has been tested in court with regards to cannabis use in Rastafarianism, and the courts found the RFRA did not apply because it is not inseperable from Rastafarian religious practices. So that's another hurdle to clear.

The simple boiling-down of the current state of things (in the USA) is as follows - Religious exemptions to the Controlled Substances Act must meet the following criteria: the religious practice must be sincere; the substance must not present a health hazard; and there must be no risk of diversion of the substance to the black market.

In practice it gets a little hairier. Let's consider the supreme court case involving the UDV (Unaio do Vegetal, a church that uses ayahuasca in its practices):

The supreme court has ruled that the constitutional arguments of right to free excersize clause (1st amendment), and equal protection clause (14th amendment) do not apply in cases like this. I have no idea why, as their relevence seems clear-cut, but these arguments were dismissed with regards to the Supreme court case involving the UDV. The court also dismissed three more of the UDV’s arguments against the application of the CSA to their use of ayahuasca (these were arguments that the CSA was not intended to cover religious practice; that it amounted in this case to a prohibited “standardless licensing scheme”; and that application of the regulations would illegally “entangle” the government in the UDV’s religion).

The court did find that the UDV's argument based on the RFRA was valid, that a law neutral toward religious practices (the CSA) placed a substantial and demonstrable burden on their free excersize of religion. One more count, which has not yet been ruled on, alleges that application of the CSA’s regulatory scheme to the UDV violates RFRA. So it seems that the government, having lost w/ respect to an outright ban on ayahuasca, instead desired to subject the UDV to typical CSA handling regulations. If this final count is dismissed (as the similar one above was), then the UDV will be subject to all the arduous rules and regulations as licenced laboratories that handle controlled substances. This includes arduous recordkeeping and regualtions of storing and dispensing the material, none of which really seems to have any place in the religion (and seems as though it would itself present a substantial burden on their free excersize of religion).

ohayoco
#19 Posted : 11/23/2008 7:45:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. I don't want to look like I'm hijacking the debate, sorry Coatl, this was meant to be more an offshoot for membership for this particular entheogen's following.
The Temple of the True Inner Light is for an assortment of drugs, a chemical version of Coatl's 'Temple' (and I think far more unlikely than a one-entheogen cause to ever get a result). As an aside, DPT eh, I will look that up, although it sounds like a research chemical and my foaf tends to avoid those, plus it then has little proof of safety. And he wouldn't join this temple because it requires him to believe that their entheogens are the flesh of god... which he doesn't. The point of our religion is that it just provides the simple ethical code, then allows its members to develop their spiritual knowledge freely through communing with the molecule- exactly what everyone on here is doing anyway!

Well, as for The Nexus Way or whatever we'll be called (suggestions welcome, and still need to know if Traveler doesn't want us using the word Nexus which would be entirely understandable, maybe The Spicing Way etc)...

The Way can meet in hyperspace. For example, it shall be communing on the next synchronised hyperspace trip. Then people don't have to actually meet in reality in countries where it's illegal. Meeting peeps off this site and consuming sacrament together seems risky to foaf because there is the small chance that a government spoilsport will sneak in. I'm sure this whole thing is on shaky legal ground in THEIR eyes, but he doesn't really care... what is important is that we are morally in the right. And have the best chance possible without giving up our molecule sacrament. I wonder what the EU Human Rights law says...

"Do as you will when it harms no other" might flow better than 'If it harms no other, do as you will'.

Maybe we could put 'liberty, egality, fraternity' on the certificate too?
Except, use whatever the relevent word for siblinghood is instead of fraternity because brotherhood is male-centric. There must be a word... what's latin for sibling? :/ Concero means twin... conceronity? Maybe just siblingity, as the other words aren't latin? 'Liberty, egality, siblingity'... hehe that already makes us look morally superior to the authorities Pleased

And as for The Way's logo/icon... I was thinking a drawn eye, in calligraphy? Calligraphy suggests ancient knowledge. Two simple sweeping arcs and a hollow circle inside. A bit like the Nexus writing in colour. The eye relates to enlightenment. The arcs don't meet, and one arc continues more than the other on each side alternately, to suggest a continuation eluding to the DNA double helix.
As a bonus, this shape subconsciously shares similarities with the fish sign used by the primitive Christians, thus drawing on subconscious religious semantics to give authority, and subconscious resonance with the ruling elite's own religion thus forming a connection paralleling our religion with their own during its period of persecution and secrecy under the Romans. Of course, the way is not just for Christians it's for everyone (I'm not one anyway), but I just thought that this similarity which I only realised once I'd thought up the idea already could be beneficial in some little way. Some people may even like to have this logo as their bumper sticker haha Pleased

The Way should be heterarchal as opposed to hierarchal in structure, so no-one's in charge and everyone will have an equal vote.

Does this sound ok?

Don't forget to post if you want to join! You'll all be wanting a certificate for your wall when they're sorted! Smile

amor_fati
#20 Posted : 11/23/2008 10:14:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Iboga, Ayahuasca, and Psilocybes are probably going to find the most support in the US. The perception on psilocybes is loosening with evermore enthusiasm, mainstream culture's becoming far more mystified by ayahuasca, and Iboga's steadily making a name for itself within the medical community. Marijuana's already on its way, though this is of little concern to SWIM. Peyote's gone as far as it can on its own. Salvia's probably doomed, but good riddance, as far as SWIM's concerned. Even coca's seemed to find a niche.

Hobbyist style extraction of DMT may never be 100% legal, but will persist underground as long as the plants remain legal. The only way it's going to find itself at all legal is if the methods are overhauled and cease to resemble meth production. This overhaul will also be imperative so as to not fuel the case against the legitimacy of the botanicals.

With the democrats in power, we'll probably at least see some reform in drug policy. Many of today's democrats, including Reagan's former Secretary of the Navy, see the need to stop throwing minor drug offenders in prison. Hopefully all the baby-boomers obtaining seats in office will finally take steps to reconcile the follies of their generation.

I'd imagine this becoming a religion would be something like one of those Zen houses with a designated lab area using approved methods and chemicals, subject to health and safety regulations.

123NEXT»