We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Er my mescal yield Options

Spiritual-Healing
#1 Posted : 11/1/2011 11:06:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So anybody know why my yield looks crappy? Either i didnt my ph to the right base or what??? This is like 5 pulls right here. Ugh very dissapointed or i had bad cacti idk...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

biopsylo
#2 Posted : 11/2/2011 12:17:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dont stress itWink

let it dry completely, and you may be surprised how much that is.
be VERY careful with using heat to expedite drying.

Spiritual-Healing
#3 Posted : 11/2/2011 12:22:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

biopsylo wrote:
dont stress itWink

Oh im stressing its about dry now. I hope the scrape turns out more than i though

its been fan drying and air drying for about a week now. No heat involved i read longer evap times while using no heat can improve yield

The Day Tripper
#4 Posted : 11/2/2011 12:23:44 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
biopsylo wrote:
dont stress itWink

Damn, i hope its not too rough on the mescaline to use heat to evap your acidic water. I've heard that mescaline cyclizes into tetrahydroisoquinolones in acidic/basic water when heated a lot. But evapping a small amount of hcl/mescaline hcl water with low heat should not degrade much if its only heated for like 20 min right?

I assumed its long heat/boiling acidic/basic conditions that degrade the scaline.

Also to the OP, mescaline hcl is extremely water soluble, perhaps its just not crystalized out yet. I know i dont get crystals when evaping until just about all the water is evapped.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.โ€ - Wendell Berry

Spiritual-Healing
#5 Posted : 11/2/2011 12:41:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Day Tripper wrote:
biopsylo wrote:
dont stress itWink

Damn, i hope its not too rough on the mescaline to use heat to evap your acidic water. I've heard that mescaline cyclizes into tetrahydroisoquinolones in acidic/basic water when heated a lot. But evapping a small amount of hcl/mescaline hcl water with low heat should not degrade much if its only heated for like 20 min right?

I assumed its long heat/boiling acidic/basic conditions that degrade the scaline.

Also to the OP, mescaline hcl is extremely water soluble, perhaps its just not crystalized out yet. I know i dont get crystals when evaping until just about all the water is evapped.

Thanks mang ;-) didn't know mescal hcl was extremely water soluble. That steady's the nerves

Spiritual-Healing
#6 Posted : 11/2/2011 1:15:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So i scraped it all up

this is 5 pulls worth off of 115g of dried green flesh only pedro. Seems kinda low??? i added more basified water to the cacti to see if i can pull anything more.

What weight do you think this is? i dont have my scale on hand

venom
#7 Posted : 11/2/2011 7:09:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Day Tripper wrote:
biopsylo wrote:
dont stress itWink

i doubt that to be honest, mescaline hcl has a melting point of 183°c.
i usually got around .5% yield. But that depends on vendor to vendor. IcarosDNA should be over 1% anytime.
So if you are lucky you will have between 0.4 and 1.15gr something like that.

oh btw, u still ought to do Pleased 2 acetone rinses and and ipa rinse to make sure u have only mescaline.
That should lower your yield also Sad
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.

- in memorium of T MCK

Spiritual-Healing
#8 Posted : 11/3/2011 12:27:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright so i finally was able to weigh it today. Came out to .444mg

I did a finally pull going to evap soon. Also in my pyrex pan the remaining crystals i couldnt scrape up i added in a big of iso alcohol to make the mescal go back into the water going it tipped up so it will evap all on a little corner. So hopefully i get .500mg when all said and down