We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mimosahuasca winter time craziness Options

Doodazzle
#1 Posted : 11/1/2011 9:43:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let's just say Swim was gearing up to get some MHRB. Having never extracted before, and also being quite curious about the ayahuasca type experience, brewing up some tea makes a bit of sense. But there is snow on the ground.....the purge. How serious is it? I'd always imagined having tea ceromonies outside, in a shelted canopy with a no floor. Vomiting and having diahreah all over the house seems, unpleasant. Or is the purge more controllable, one can make it to the bathroom or to the outside in an emergency, generally speaking?

Rediculous question, I know, but seriously.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rOm
#2 Posted : 11/1/2011 10:21:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You should be fine with it. you can always choose where to throw up.
It's not like you're gonna tapestried all the room !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Doodazzle
#3 Posted : 11/1/2011 10:42:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. I'm maybe silly for having such concern--I've always had control before, but this is a new thing, and a substance with more of a reputation for being purgative than any other psychedelic--I just had to ask.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

purple_dye
#4 Posted : 11/7/2011 3:37:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome the purge m8.

I read that over and over again before drinking aya and always thought it was rubbish. I did everything I could to avoid the purge (egg whites gelatin, decanting, re-decanting...) and it still happened. I learned a lot from it. It really does give off a sensation of cleansing.

I've read that after a few times of drinking the purge will go away if your psyche remains clean.

Embrace it.

As far as setting goes I don't mind drinking inside in the comfort of your own home. I would just be sure to do it late at night when things are quiet. Turn out the lights and meditate. Hears a great little gem too: Ear plugs. Smile

Hope this helps. Best of luck to you
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

jamie
#5 Posted : 11/7/2011 4:09:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ive drunk over 100 times and just lately started to really vomit each time..there is a limit IMO where once you pass it, you purge reguardless. It comes on fast and is effortless really..its nothing like being drunk and spinning out..nothing to worry about. Just let it happen if and when it does occur.
Long live the unwoke.

purple_dye
#6 Posted : 11/7/2011 4:12:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Ive drunk over 100 times and just lately started to really vomit each time..there is a limit IMO where once you pass it, you purge reguardless. It comes on fast and is effortless really..its nothing like being drunk and spinning out..nothing to worry about. Just let it happen if and when it does occur.

are you referring to limit as in number of times drinking or the amount that you drink in an individual session?
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing